justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is a bit of a shock to read, and see. After we've [humanity] have come so far with regard to anatomy and physiology. I read this:

Interstitium: New organ discovered in human body after it was previously missed by scientists

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/new-organ-human-body-interstitium-cancer-skin-scientists-discovery-new-york-a8275851.html

"Scientists have identified a new human organ hiding in plain sight, in a discovery they hope could help them understand the spread of cancer within the body. Layers long thought to be dense, connective tissue are actually a series of fluid-filled compartments researchers have termed the “interstitium”.

These compartments are found beneath the skin, as well as lining the gut, lungs, blood vessels and muscles, and join together to form a network supported by a mesh of strong, flexible proteins.

New analysis published in the journal Scientific Reports is the first to identify these spaces collectively as a new organ and try to understand their function. Remarkably, the interstitium had previously gone unnoticed despite being one of the largest organs in the human body."

new-organ.jpg
The newfound organ, here beneath the top layer of skin, is also in tissue layers lining the gut, lungs, blood vessels and muscles. The organ is a bodywide network of interconnected, fluid-filled compartments supported by a meshwork of strong, flexible proteins (Jill Gregory)

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
Wow. I believe ive heard something about this before in the gut area or maybe im trippin. But very interesting now what can we do with this info?? Guess time will tell.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow. I believe ive heard something about this before in the gut area or maybe im trippin. But very interesting now what can we do with this info?? Guess time will tell.
I was thinking... pinning differently. If cancer can spread like this, so can the good stuff. :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was thinking... pinning differently. If cancer can spread like this, so can the good stuff. :)
wouldnt this just be sub-q pinning basically? just under the skin...

81dcs

81dcs

Awards
  • Established
I wonder when we find out how to make this organ healthy and what makes it unhealthy. How do we keep it healthy as possible and what r the benefits?Also if u treat or care for it in lets say your stomach area then would it benefit it all over and is it all connected or is it separate organs. Am I way over thinking this or even making sense?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, but maybe there is a better method and location.
They're using confocal microscopy to tease apart sections of the interstitial space, so it's not going to really help with pinning. Might be interesting when designing products that are oral or transdermal.