The Mystery of Declining Male Testosterone??

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. The Mystery of Declining Male Testosterone??


    I saw a few bits on the news yesterday about how male test. levels have declined since the 1970s, 1980s. Apparently 30% decline. Even young males are affected by this.

    Did some Internet trawling and found a few articles. Interesting. To me it appears to be activity level, caloric intake and body fat % related. Too little of the first and too much of the others. Maybe other issues.

    Chalk up another plus for weight lifting in keeping T levels high.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    I saw a few bits on the news yesterday about how male test. levels have declined since the 1970s, 1980s. Apparently 30% decline. Even young males are affected by this.

    Did some Internet trawling and found a few articles. Interesting. To me it appears to be activity level, caloric intake and body fat % related. Too little of the first and too much of the others. Maybe other issues.

    Chalk up another plus for weight lifting in keeping T levels high.
    I watch that too it was very interesting but not surprising at all masculinity is becoming Taboo in America
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    I watch that too it was very interesting but not surprising at all masculinity is becoming Taboo in America
    sadly this is true. local high school now has a cross dressing male teacher who recently led a band performance wearing a formal dress. He tucked. 10 years ago no school would have allowed a male teacher to show up in a dress.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    sadly this is true. local high school now has a cross dressing male teacher who recently led a band performance wearing a formal dress. He tucked. 10 years ago no school would have allowed a male teacher to show up in a dress.
    Very strange.

  5. What I am noticing is that boys and men who act like boys and men are chastised and those who are 'exploring' alternatives are celebrated and lifting up. I'm not even saying that I judge, but I do have a problem with society telling men that their testosterone built behavior is bad. that is crushing masculinity.
    •   
       

  6. Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  7. a few other things to contemplate, stress levels are higher than ever. They're saying depression could be a leading cause of illness in the U.S. within a few years, and people are getting less sleep than ever. All of these also cause a depletion in T levels.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    a few other things to contemplate, stress levels are higher than ever. They're saying depression could be a leading cause of illness in the U.S. within a few years, and people are getting less sleep than ever. All of these also cause a depletion in T levels.
    I am a 70s kid and 80s young adult. One rarely saw back then the degree of fattiness common today. I read where belly fat is a T killer in males.

    Adults did seem more at ease then. Of course, they smoke or drank which is a de-stressor. Folks are over caffeinated now which overloads the adrenals leading to poor sleep.

    The term couch potato was coined in the late 70s so I can see where decades later all the inactivity and overeating which led to belly fat which killed T.

    The cross dressing stuff mentioned above maybe low T related. I do not know. We had weirdos in the 70s,80s. Seems like a different planet now. Hahaha The same way I see the 50s now must be how current gen sees the 70s,80s.

  9. yeah no argument that being substantially over weight and having low T play hand in hand. sometimes its a chicken and the egg thing, but totally agree.

  10. There’s no question that lifestyle and dietry choices are involved in this - processed foods, chemicals in packaging etc, normally used purely for cost reasons are screwing with our health. Look at societies that have no instances of cancer for example.....they also have very little to no processed foods.

    I’m sure I recall reading somewhere last year that for the first time ever life expectancy is actually starting to drop.....low t we know has a detrimental effect on health and without doubt will play a part in that along with obesity.

  11. Maybe all of the frapping to porn as well. Sex with a women has been shown to increase T yet frapping has been shown to decrease it.
    What a mess.

  12. Don't drink tap water. Stay fit and drink beer at the gym.

    http://www.ergo-log.com/pfass.html

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sHYqTU39Ps

  13. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Maybe all of the frapping to porn as well. Sex with a women has been shown to increase T yet frapping has been shown to decrease it.
    What a mess.
    What about sex with a women while watching porn?

    Has that been tested?

    If it pays I’m in for that clinical trial.....

  14. I read itís not only declining testosterone levels but also declining sperm counts.
    https://www.npr.org/2017/07/31/53951...en-study-finds
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  15. Pure coincidence but an article in the uk yesterday was talking about how younger generations are also have sex less.....

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Very strange.
    Not these days....Murica is loosing it's men

  17. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Maybe all of the frapping to porn as well. Sex with a women has been shown to increase T yet frapping has been shown to decrease it.
    What a mess.
    100% true.
    These kids are jacking off 3 times before leaving the house.
    I don't blame them the porn is very good and massively available.
    But its ****ing up their sex drive.
    And its giving them unrealistic expectations.
    So instead of chasing the little girl in math class for 6 months in hopes of seeing her tits.....the young man is watching 3 Asian chicks going down on each other and satisfying himself with visual stimulation and his own hand.
    We know masturbation is normal.
    But how much?
    Give a 16 year old access to unlimited porn and masturbation might become a problem.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    100% true.
    These kids are jacking off 3 times before leaving the house.
    I don't blame them the porn is very good and massively available.
    But its ****ing up their sex drive.
    And its giving them unrealistic expectations.
    So instead of chasing the little girl in math class for 6 months in hopes of seeing her tits.....the young man is watching 3 Asian chicks going down on each other and satisfying himself with visual stimulation and his own hand.
    We know masturbation is normal.
    But how much?
    Give a 16 year old access to unlimited porn and masturbation might become a problem.
    shyt...males are afraid of accusations.....all it takes is an accusation and your life could be ruined!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off

  19. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    shyt...males are afraid of accusations.....all it takes is an accusation and your life could be ruined!!!
    True feel bad for the young kids these days

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    True feel bad for the young kids these days

    I feel sorry for my 2 week old grandson.....my granddaughters are going to have it much easier than him i'm afraid.
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    100% true.
    These kids are jacking off 3 times before leaving the house.
    I don't blame them the porn is very good and massively available.
    But its ****ing up their sex drive.
    And its giving them unrealistic expectations.
    So instead of chasing the little girl in math class for 6 months in hopes of seeing her tits.....the young man is watching 3 Asian chicks going down on each other and satisfying himself with visual stimulation and his own hand.
    We know masturbation is normal.
    But how much?
    Give a 16 year old access to unlimited porn and masturbation might become a problem.
    honestly I think this is not just a porn issue but also an issue with the lazy / instant gratification nature of these younger generations. These kids don't have to work for anything, carry $800 smart phones and have no idea what it's like to chop wood to stay warm, cook their own meals, or hunt and fish their own food. Kids are lazy and spoiled and don't even know it and they want what they want, when they want it. which totally plays into what you just said about not being willing to chase a girl for 6 months when it's available instantly on the monitor.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    honestly I think this is not just a porn issue but also an issue with the lazy / instant gratification nature of these younger generations. These kids don't have to work for anything, carry $800 smart phones and have no idea what it's like to chop wood to stay warm, cook their own meals, or hunt and fish their own food. Kids are lazy and spoiled and don't even know it and they want what they want, when they want it. which totally plays into what you just said about not being willing to chase a girl for 6 months when it's available instantly on the monitor.
    Lol. Iím 58 and most of my generation is in the same situation. I look around and see obesity and sickness taking over.
    May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:
    myBloodTracker for IPhone and IPad
    https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

  23. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Lol. I’m 58 and most of my generation is in the same situation. I look around and see obesity and sickness taking over.
    yes, I agree...but I also see a difference between a pot bellied 60 year old and an obese teenager.

    I see many guys today who were jocks in high school who have really let themselves go, but I think they have an advantage over a kid who starts out obese and stays obese---I might be wrong, who knows!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off

  24. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I agree with this. More phytoestrogens in our food, water, and food-chain.

    Toxic masculinity is certainly taboo these days - and rightly so (think Weinstein et al), but I would not say that masculinity itself is taboo in America at all. There's a big difference between the two.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post

    Toxic masculinity is certainly taboo these days - and rightly so (think Weinstein et al), but I would not say that masculinity itself is taboo in America at all. There's a big difference between the two.
    I disagree 100%. It could be regional differences we are seeing, though.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prostate - The Myth of Cancer and testosterone
    By Toff in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2016, 09:55 PM
  2. MidwestBeast in: The Case of the Mysterious Weight Gain!
    By MidwestBeast in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 407
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 02:23 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2009, 02:55 AM
  5. The Effects of Diet On Testosterone Parts 1 & 2
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 12:19 AM
Log in
Log in