Airport & Supplements?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flying out on Wednesday this week and want to take my Protein powders from home also creatine.

Is thier any hassles at airports with all this? The protein will be put into just plastic bags and the creatine is in powder form.

No want to get out thier and fork out for protein.. Were self catering so i thought i would pack these and save some ££££.

Its going as cargo luggage so its checked in

Thanks

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Carried protein, DMAA Pre, Creatine and almost everything in check-in luggage and never had a problem.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You'll be fine. They can tell the difference between supplements and illegal drugs, but you might consider labeling the bags to save them time if they look.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have label'd them as best i can. Thier just put into zip lock bags. I think they will go through no problems. Just wanted to see how everyone else got on ? I also have a vitamins tub i emptied and put into a bag so a big bag a pills lol a will see how i get on ? Thanks guys

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would just write:

"This is not the cocaine you are looking for"

- Jedi M

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On second thought, they may not have a sense of humor... I'm also the guy whom has to think over

"Private or Public Search"...

I just say,... "I'm thinking", and "Which costs more?"
I'm not kidding. Ask my poor wife.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On second thought, they may not have a sense of humor... I'm also the guy whom has to think over

"Private or Public Search"...

I just say,... "I'm thinking", and "Which costs more?"
I'm not kidding. Ask my poor wife.
I fly a lot and have yet to me a TSA or airport security person with a sense of humor. Best to be in yes sir/no sir mode and just pass through lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They can tell the difference for the most part, but TSA tends to not be on the upper range of intelligence so labeling and using chocolate or a color other than white will help your cause. I brought a baggy of banana flavor and after the x-ray, pulled me aside for the additional check and had to have 2 TSA members over opening and smelling it to see what it was. I was laughing the whole time and offered to pour it into a cup and drink it, but then they decided it was approved and put it back.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They can tell the difference for the most part, but TSA tends to not be on the upper range of intelligence so labeling and using chocolate or a color other than white will help your cause. I brought a baggy of banana flavor and after the x-ray, pulled me aside for the additional check and had to have 2 TSA members over opening and smelling it to see what it was. I was laughing the whole time and offered to pour it into a cup and drink it, but then they decided it was approved and put it back.
That's how I //smuggles// transport all of my creatine. I mix it with protein powder. Jokes on them.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Flying out on Wednesday this week and want to take my Protein powders from home also creatine.

Is thier any hassles at airports with all this? The protein will be put into just plastic bags and the creatine is in powder form.

No want to get out thier and fork out for protein.. Were self catering so i thought i would pack these and save some ££££.

Thanks
I travel every single week and take anything. protein, pills, etc. No issues, even international.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you can find a way to fit the original packaging and keep it sealed, that woul be ideal, a friend of mine says that on an international flight, they let him bring sealed glutamine powder but confiscated it on the way back because it was an open container of white powder. That said, I recently brought some supplements from USA to Europe and back, what I did was just measure out how much I would actually use on vacation so I didn't have a huge amount and put that into bags with a note taped to the outside explaining what it is, what it's used for, and how much I use and no one questioned it.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I fly out today so i will update when i land ? I think it should be fine.. I cant see them thinking a powdered bag that smells like chocolate brownie is gonna be dodgy loll ive got creatine etc. Ive just put it all into bags. We did speak to an online flight company and they says it shouldn't be a problem ? I have everything here so i thought no point forking out over thier for protein etc when i already have it here. Will see how it goes

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had washing powder in Ny luggage, and Norwegian customs totally f##ked my luggage.

They broke the TSA locks, I could barely shut it.

It's ridiculous, never had issues anywhere.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Had an officer test my carbohydrate powder and protein powder on the side of the road with his little science kit when I got pulled over one time. Not kidding, the protein was brown and obviously smelled like chocolate. I was pissed.

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had an officer test my carbohydrate powder and protein powder on the side of the road with his little science kit when I got pulled over one time. Not kidding, the protein was brown and obviously smelled like chocolate. I was pissed.
Lol that's awesome wasted both of your times

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like he was looking for a reason to use it. So annoying.

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
I fly a lot and have yet to me a TSA or airport security person with a sense of humor. Best to be in yes sir/no sir mode and just pass through lol
They're rare, but out there. Coming back from Hawaii I mentioned to the agent that I had a couple mickeys of vodka and gin in my carry-on and if that was okay with the liquid rules. She replied "Sure, do you wanna do some shots?"

Mike NCR

Mike NCR

Awards
The checked-in baggage searches at the airport are of the four-legged variety. As long as your powder in your check-in doesn't smell like drugs or explosives, you'll be fine. Keeping a beige or white powder in your carry-on in an unlabeled ziploc bag though, that's just begging to get secondary'd!

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No issues in 4 flights for me, one trip was Mexico City, and their TSA-equivalent agents shook the canisters of pre-workout to make sure it wasn’t liquid. No complaints about several bottles of capsule supps. Toothpaste was confiscated , though.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The checked-in baggage searches at the airport are of the four-legged variety. As long as your powder in your check-in doesn't smell like drugs or explosives, you'll be fine. Keeping a beige or white powder in your carry-on in an unlabeled ziploc bag though, that's just begging to get secondary'd!
not at all... I always have this on me ha. and tons of misc pills. never an issue.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thanks
I have carried plenty of powdered supplements with me through airport checkouts and although I can claim I have yet to have an issue it still crosses my mind each time. If anything though you most likely would just recieve some extra security measures. As mentioned prior they can typically tell right away what type of powdered product they are dealing with especially if its a flavored product. :)

But just in case you decide to chose not to chance it. We sell travel size tubs and sample packs of PEScience products which would cover especially your most common staples needed for a trip like Select and Prolific. :)