Firearm Thread

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Ummm, no. That isn't what makes you an asshat.
    The list of what DOES is probably longer than the list of what DOESN'T. Lol!!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

2. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    My 300 blk is my pride and Joy. Also have a .45 XD and out of all the handguns I've fired it has been my favorite.
    I had never even heard of the 300 blk, what made you go with that over the typical .223/5.56? Donít get me wrong, it sounds awesome, Iím just curious!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I had never even heard of the 300 blk, what made you go with that over the typical .223/5.56? Don’t get me wrong, it sounds awesome, I’m just curious!
    300 Blackout uses a much heavier bullet than a 5.56, which makes it better suited to hunting.
    Plus, it's different. And sometimes that's all the reason we need.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

4. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    300 Blackout uses a much heavier bullet than a 5.56, which makes it better suited to hunting.
    I totally get the different portion, I kinda want one now. Lol

I don’t do much hunting other than birds. I’ll probably head up to Kansas soon and do some coyote hunting with my uncle.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    That and you can shoot it subsonic so it's better suited for a suppressed rifle.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post

I don’t do much hunting other than birds. I’ll probably head up to Kansas soon and do some coyote hunting with my uncle.
    Where at in Kansas?

7. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I had never even heard of the 300 blk, what made you go with that over the typical .223/5.56? Donít get me wrong, it sounds awesome, Iím just curious!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post

I donít do much hunting other than birds. Iíll probably head up to Kansas soon and do some coyote hunting with my uncle.
    Unique weapon and the one I have was a very nice build so I had to have it. Very expensive to shoot so it isn't exactly the best option if you enjoy slapping off rounds but I don't mind the expensive therapy.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Where at in Kansas?
    Fort Scott, he has about 40 acres a little outside the city and has a few people around the area that let him hunt on their land as well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Unique weapon and the one I have was a very nice build so I had to have it. Very expensive to shoot so it isn't exactly the best option if you enjoy slapping off rounds but I don't mind the expensive therapy.
    Learn to reload.

10. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Fort Scott, he has about 40 acres a little outside the city and has a few people around the area that let him hunt on their land as well.
    That's about 3 1/2 hrs from me. As much as I like hunting coyotes, I don't think I'll invite myself to join you. Lol!

11. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Learn to reload.
    X 2. Then you can spend as much time scrounging brass as you do shooting.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

12. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    X 2. Then you can spend as much time scrounging brass as you do shooting.
    Lmbo! He just needs to get a brass catcher for his AR.

13. All I know and have used are Glocks. With practice and dry fire it is a great handgun.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  14. Firearm Thread

Just picked up this savage stealth in 6.5 creedmore with a vortex viper scope. Zero long distance experience here and 600 yards off a bench at a 12Ēx 24Ē steel target is very easily replicated. So much fun to hear the steel smack a couple seconds after the shot. 720 yards is my farthest hit so far. Need to dial in my MOAs now and see if I canít make 8-900 yards happen.

15. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post

Just picked up this savage stealth in 6.5 creedmore with a vortex viper scope. Zero long distance experience here and 600 yards off a bench at a 12”x 24” steel target is very easily replicated. So much fun to hear the steel smack a couple seconds after the shot. 720 yards is my farthest hit so far. Need to dial in my MOAs now and see if I can’t make 8-900 yards happen.
    Nice! Having just got my first rifle, I still thinks it’s crazy to be able to hit something that far away.

16. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post

Just picked up this savage stealth in 6.5 creedmore with a vortex viper scope. Zero long distance experience here and 600 yards off a bench at a 12”x 24” steel target is very easily replicated. So much fun to hear the steel smack a couple seconds after the shot. 720 yards is my farthest hit so far. Need to dial in my MOAs now and see if I can’t make 8-900 yards happen.
    Noice!! I've had my eye on them new Stealths but just haven't been able to dig into my savings to get one. That, and I'd have to change out the trigger because I can't stand the Accu-trigger. Lol!

A lot of people really like the 6.5 Creedmore, I just can't get passed how quickly you burn the throat of the barrel out. If memory serves me right, it's only around 1200-1500 rounds before you really start to lose accuracy. Granted, most people won't put that many through it...... I would. I've got around 1400 rounds though this Savage 112 .308 and it still shoots as good as the day I got it.
    15171204997120.jpg

17. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Nice! Having just got my first rifle, I still thinks itís crazy to be able to hit something that far away.
    Agree! Itís a blast!
  18. Firearm Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Noice!! I've had my eye on them new Stealths but just haven't been able to dig into my savings to get one. That, and I'd have to change out the trigger because I can't stand the Accu-trigger. Lol!

A lot of people really like the 6.5 Creedmore, I just can't get passed how quickly you burn the throat of the barrel out. If memory serves me right, it's only around 1200-1500 rounds before you really start to lose accuracy. Granted, most people won't put that many through it...... I would. I've got around 1400 rounds though this Savage 112 .308 and it still shoots as good as the day I got it.
    15171204997120.jpg
    I donít mind the accu trigger. First gun with it. Yeah the round has a lot of buzz around it . It def has really low recoil and good ballistics. I love .308ís and your rifle is awesome. Yeah if guess if you shoot that much you gotta be willing to buy a new barrel after a while. Iím jealous you shoot that much haha. Tbh, I think I would have liked to build my own .308. I like it due to the commonality of the round and it will def outshoot me. I just happened to walk into my buddies gun shop and it was too good of a deal to pas up. Iíve really enjoyed it tho. I think Iíll build an nice AR-10 chambered in .308 down the road.

19. Quote Originally Posted by THOR 70 View Post
    Agree! It’s a blast!
    Wait until you have to start figuring in for the Coriolis effect.

20. I have:

1. Taurus 9mm
    2. Glock 43
    3. Glock 19
    4. M&P 22
    5. M&P AR-15 22
    6. SCCY 9mm
    7. POS Jennings .25 Saturday Night Special

21. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Learn to reload.
    Oh I know how to and one of my good buddies has the machine but I'm not putting reloads through my 300. I've shot them through my AR and XD but my baby gets only the best!
    PEScience Representative

22. Quote Originally Posted by Power-Lift View Post
    I have:

1. Taurus 9mm
    2. Glock 43
    3. Glock 19
    4. M&P 22
    5. M&P AR-15 22
    6. SCCY 9mm
    7. POS Jennings .25 Saturday Night Special
    So been looking at glocks lately. What would you recommend if you had the choice of just one?
    PEScience Representative

23. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    So been looking at glocks lately. What would you recommend if you had the choice of just one?
    I only have experience w/ these 2. The 43 is compact carry, the 19 is for the range. Maybe rent one at the range and give it a go.
    Some love 'em, some hate 'em, I happen to like all firearms, not picky...

24. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Oh I know how to and one of my good buddies has the machine but I'm not putting reloads through my 300. I've shot them through my AR and XD but my baby gets only the best!
    Which is why I reload. Every one of my .308s is identical and that load was worked up for the best accuracy for that rifle.

25. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Which is why I reload. Every one of my .308s is identical and that load was worked up for the best accuracy for that rifle.
    For sure man. Just my preference for that Rifle not to shoot reloads. We need to meet up and shoot and ride quads this summer brosef! Thinking about taking a few trips this year could figure something out.
    PEScience Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!
    By Trauma1 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1039
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
  2. Are all the previous threads gone?
    By Gmonkey in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 05:50 PM
  3. Curt2go's cycle thread....
    By curt2go in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 10:34 PM
  4. The "What you want for christmas" thread