Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
my wife has been watching this show, so I watched a few minutes of it with her....the 1st thing that came to mind---HOW THE HELL CAN THEY AFFORD TO EAT THAT MUCH...some of those people have to be eating $2,000 worth of food every week, damn!!! they don't work, so who is paying for them to eat them self to death?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll bet you already know the answer to that question.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've often wondered how somebody could get to that point. 600 lbs takes a lot of food and time, I would assume.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've often wondered how somebody could get to that point. 600 lbs takes a lot of food and time, I would assume.
this one woman said that what she eats in a week would feed a family of 4 for 2 months....I believe her!!!

it is a shame the government would enable people to do this to themselves.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe there's a point that "Fat Shaming" isn't necessarily a bad thing. At some point, maybe people deserve to hear the truth.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Maybe there's a point that "Fat Shaming" isn't necessarily a bad thing. At some point, maybe people deserve to hear the truth.
to a degree....I agree...but it's really not much different than any other addiction, imo....but the government doesn't pay for alcohol or opiates.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My guess is family members are enabling them by paying for and bringing them food
I don't think that is the case, at least not entirely....some family members get paid for 'caring' for them.

at 600lbs they need caregivers and the government pays....also healthcare.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Some people just don't care how big they get....for some people it's a way to deal with emotional pain. My mom packed on weight as a kid when her parents divorced and having to live with a prick of a step-dad. Once she learned a ****ty eating habits as a kid it was hard to change as an adult. So she made sure for me I never ate like that as a kid so I was never in her spot as an adult.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Some people just don't care how big they get....for some people it's a way to deal with emotional pain. My mom packed on weight as a kid when her parents divorced and having to live with a prick of a step-dad. Once she learned a ****ty eating habits as a kid it was hard to change as an adult. So she made sure for me I never ate like that as a kid so I was never in her spot as an adult.
yeah, I look at it as an addiction. some tough love is necessary, but shaming only makes it worse, imo.

most of those people are emotional wrecks.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The wife and I watch the show every week. Its a great motivator to stay in the gym, and eat right

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I was watching last night for a minute while eating. Saw the fat chick get naked and sit on the toilet. She picked up a long pair of curved grill tongs and said this is how a fat lady wipes. I nearly threw up my food, and I don't get grossed out watching crazy stuff on tv. But that about did me in.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was watching last night for a minute while eating. Saw the fat chick get naked and sit on the toilet. She picked up a long pair of curved grill tongs and said this is how a fat lady wipes. I nearly threw up my food, and I don't get grossed out watching crazy stuff on tv. But that about did me in.
If those tongs could talk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I thought you were making that up...until I saw it myself....I just want to know who pays for EVERYTHING? plane trips, 4 hour ambulance trips, weeks in hospital....AND ALL OF THAT DAMNED FOOD-HAS GOT TO BE OVER $1,000 A WEEK JUST IN FOOD!!!!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gubmint cheese. We are all collectively funding this atrocity.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seen the one with the little guy who feeds his wife through a funnel and basically is aroused by it? I was dying.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Seen the one with the little guy who feeds his wife through a funnel and basically is aroused by it? I was dying.
Didnt see that one. But, I did see the one where the husband left his wife, cause she had the surgery and got skinny. He was like I married her big, why would I want to look at a disgusting skinny girl....he was atleast 500lbs himself

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didnt see that one. But, I did see the one where the husband left his wife, cause she had the surgery and got skinny. He was like I married her big, why would I want to look at a disgusting skinny girl....he was atleast 500lbs himself
. There’s a man who knows what he wants. That show is solid gold.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Theres a big girl on there right now

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
food for thought---those people must be freaking off the 'scale' smart:werd:

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
food for thought---those people must be freaking off the 'scale' smart:werd:
I see what you did there... Food, scale and a 600 lb life

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I see what you did there... Food, scale and a 600 lb life

I really should not make wisecracks about people addicted to food, in reality I see many similarities to other addictions such as alcohol and or drugs.

I always pull for them to have success.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really should not make asscracks about people addicted to food, in reality I see many similarities to other addictions such as alcohol and or drugs.
Fixed

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol seriously though man... I'm with you. I just got my degree specializing in addiction. Food is the same thing. Using the same means to cope with problems to the point its not healthy. Heck if people knew how much stuff was put in food that the government is aware of they would say its a conspiracy theory. Fast food engineers purposely put addictive chemicals in there food to produce the phenemonon of "craving". The government knows it but then all the food health related issues push us to the medical profession where they can write a prescription for whatever ails us. America-5% of the worlds population and we consume 50% of the worlds pharmaceutical drugs. And isn't that something... Its the FDA- food and drug administration. They control it

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol seriously though man... I'm with you. I just got my degree specializing in addiction. Food is the same thing. Using the same means to cope with problems to the point its not healthy. Heck if people knew how much stuff was put in food that the government is aware of they would say its a conspiracy theory. Fast food engineers purposely put addictive chemicals in there food to produce the phenemonon of "craving". The government knows it but then all the food health related issues push us to the medical profession where they can write a prescription for whatever ails us. America-5% of the worlds population and we consume 50% of the worlds pharmaceutical drugs. And isn't that something... Its the FDA- food and drug administration. They control it
seriously, in my youth I used a ton of 'street' drugs, there is no telling what was in them. look at meth or lsd for example.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Facebook reminded me of a post I did three years ago which stated (not my quote, I reposted it):

Instead of thinking about how expensive whole foods are, people should start thinking about why processed food is so cheap.....

To me that makes loads of sense, taking a raw ingredient like chicken and doing anything to it has to add cost, so for it to end up cheaper they have to be sub dividing that whole food and bulking it out with cheap ****e (much like cutting coke for example). It’s obvious when you think about it but many people don’t think about it.

As an ex fatty and addict I always like to see people succeed in changing their lives but it frustrates me when they claim there’s nothing they can do about it as I know from personal experience that’s simply not true....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Facebook reminded me of a post I did three years ago which stated (not my quote, I reposted it):

Instead of thinking about how expensive whole foods are, people should start thinking about why processed food is so cheap.....

To me that makes loads of sense, taking a raw ingredient like chicken and doing anything to it has to add cost, so for it to end up cheaper they have to be sub dividing that whole food and bulking it out with cheap ****e (much like cutting coke for example). It’s obvious when you think about it but many people don’t think about it.

As an ex fatty and addict I always like to see people succeed in changing their lives but it frustrates me when they claim there’s nothing they can do about it as I know from personal experience that’s simply not true....

I've seen so many people go thru rehab and fail....I just consider myself blessed.

years ago when I was active in aa I used to be a sponsor for new people in the program, now that is frustrating. I never take anything for granted, I've seen guys/gals with 10 and 20 years sobriety relapse. but for the grace of GOD there go i

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya brother, I’m almost 6 years but it’s always just one day at a time.
yeah, addiction is no joke...never let your guard down!!!

that shyt is just lurking in the weeds waiting to bite you in the ass-when you least expect it.

Methylated88

Awards
That show is great. But sick. Kids are starving elsewhere for whatever reason and here in the U.S. over 60% of the populace is overweight/obese.
If I had a family member that big, I would starve them. Let me clarify before I am attacked by SJW snowflakes.. Instead of bringing them a bucket of mashed potatoes smothered in butter, I would bring them a single baked red potato with some mrs dash on it. Would they die? Nope.

Reactions: dds
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That show is great. But sick. Kids are starving elsewhere for whatever reason and here in the U.S. over 60% of the populace is overweight/obese.
If I had a family member that big, I would starve them. Let me clarify before I am attacked by SJW snowflakes.. Instead of bringing them a bucket of mashed potatoes smothered in butter, I would bring them a single baked red potato with some mrs dash on it. Would they die? Nope.
I can understand not wanting to be a enabler, but addicts are very resourceful at getting their 'fix'...long term it would be better to convince them to WANT to do it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The one tonight is good. She just ordered 3 pepperoni and sausage pizza's, Italian cheese bread, 2,400 wings, and a chocolate brownie. And that was her dinner

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha! Yeah there is a commitment when someone sits down to devour that much.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The one tonight is good. She just ordered 3 pepperoni and sausage pizza's, Italian cheese bread, 2,400 wings, and a chocolate brownie. And that was her dinner
so the song remains the same...who is paying for this?

I would hate to think it's my tax dollars....2,400 wings?????