Does a degree really matter anymore?

Page 4 of 15 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. You can do it! Fingers crossed, I might have to get more bacon.mmmm-bacon.jpg

2. Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    You can do it! Fingers crossed, I might have to get more bacon.mmmm-bacon.jpg
    IMG_1518281859.530398.jpg

Thank you! And oh yes to bacon!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
    •   

3. I've been keto for a solid year now..... ... so bacon has become a new form of mind control.

4. Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    I've been keto for a solid year now..... ... so bacon has become a new form of mind control.
    Oh no! I did Keto for 2 weeks and have this disgust for bacon now. The thought of it makes me want to puke! 🤮🤮
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

5. It grows on you once you are keto
    ... also meatza .....
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    It grows on you once you are keto
    ... also meatza .....
    Oh, no! lol not me. My coworker is talking about bacon and all I could think about is how greasy it is. Keto is definitely not the diet for me. 🥓🥓🥓

7. Wish I could say they same. Medical.

8. Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    Wish I could say they same. Medical.
    I call this a T-bone steak pizza aka fata**! Lol

IMG_0431.jpg

9. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    A lady reached out to me regarding a position for the local electric company. She was very impressed with my experience and degree. Can you believe it? Both! fingers cross and some 🥓🥓!!!
    Awesome, I'm always glad to see people getting into trades and construction work no matter what the position. Good luck!

10. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I call this a T-bone steak pizza aka fata**! Lol

IMG_0431.jpg
    Looks awesome.... I made a meatza based lasagne last week...
  11. Does a degree really matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Awesome, I'm always glad to see people getting into trades and construction work no matter what the position. Good luck!
    Thank you so much! I pretty much qualify for the position with my experience but the cherry on top was my degree. Now, I feel better about pursuing my masters. Can you believe the job starts at $45 an hour?! Like omg, do I deserve it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    Looks awesome.... I made a meatza based lasagne last week...
    I love lasagna!!! Youíll have to post a pic next time!

12. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Thank you so much! I pretty much qualify for the position with my experience but the cherry on top was my degree. Now, I feel better about pursuing my masters. Can you believe the job starts at $45 an hour?! Like omg, do I deserve it?!?

There is a lot of money to be made in this industry, and the benefits are even better than the salary most of the time. What position is it?

13. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

I love lasagna!!! Youíll have to post a pic next time!
    IMG_20180210_45872.jpg

14. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    There is a lot of money to be made in this industry, and the benefits are even better than the salary most of the time. What position is it?
    Yes, you are correct! Itís for a business analyst position. Pretty much reviewing orders and developing profiles for them.

That looks delicious!!!

Can I say that Iíve been having a lot of anxiety regarding work and the hours of sleep I have lately. I have to wake up super early for my current job and by the time I am done, I am too exhausted to train. I get home, take a nap, then tell myself that itís too late to train and I wonít have time to sleep. Does anyone else get like this sometimes? I donít know why this is bothering me so much now when it wasnít an issue with two jobs and school.

I have to shake this mentality before I permanently stop going to the gym. Help! My friend just tells me to suck it up and hit the gym, which I should, but I feel panicky just thinking about the amount of time I have left to sleep.

15. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Yes, you are correct! Itís for a business analyst position. Pretty much reviewing orders and developing profiles for them.

That looks delicious!!!

Can I say that Iíve been having a lot of anxiety regarding work and the hours of sleep I have lately. I have to wake up super early for my current job and by the time I am done, I am too exhausted to train. I get home, take a nap, then tell myself that itís too late to train and I wonít have time to sleep. Does anyone else get like this sometimes? I donít know why this is bothering me so much now when it wasnít an issue with two jobs and school.

I have to shake this mentality before I permanently stop going to the gym. Help! My friend just tells me to suck it up and hit the gym, which I should, but I feel panicky just thinking about the amount of time I have left to sleep.
    It was delicious, and I can't wait to make another.

The worst thing you can do is be rough with yourself over it. Making yourself anxious won't keep you on the path. If you want it then you need to find a routine that fits your schedule.

Forgive yourself if you can't do it one day, and plan to keep pushing to do it the next.

You can do it.

16. Quote Originally Posted by T3x View Post
    It was delicious, and I can't wait to make another.

The worst thing you can do is be rough with yourself over it. Making yourself anxious won't keep you on the path. If you want it then you need to find a routine that fits your schedule.

Forgive yourself if you can't do it one day, and plan to keep pushing to do it the next.

You can do it.
    Send me some next time, k?! Lol

Thank you. I just made a new workout program tonight since Iíve just been going through the motions of training. Also, Iíve been telling myself to calm down and stop worrying about it, that everything will be ok and I have no excuses. Iím also going to check out my old gym since itís a 2 min drive versus a 30 min drive to my current gym. I donít know, this transitioning stage has me flustered.

17. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

Thank you. I just made a new workout program tonight since Iíve just been going through the motions of training. Also, Iíve been telling myself to calm down and stop worrying about it, that everything will be ok and I have no excuses. Iím also going to check out my old gym since itís a 2 min drive versus a 30 min drive to my current gym. I donít know, this transitioning stage has me flustered.
    Sometimes a new fun program is all it takes to kick start the drive and passion of working out. We tend to fall into grooves or just follow the motions of our every day training and lose that fresh spunk we had of trying something new and learning. Almost seems the more you know the less you grow. Starting a new program or routine can break that cycle and get you right back into busting through barriers. Good luck with that new training program!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

18. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Sometimes a new fun program is all it takes to kick start the drive and passion of working out. We tend to fall into grooves or just follow the motions of our every day training and lose that fresh spunk we had of trying something new and learning. Almost seems the more you know the less you grow. Starting a new program or routine can break that cycle and get you right back into busting through barriers. Good luck with that new training program!
    Thanks, Live! You are absolutely correct! Iíve been blah about training because I had no solid program and was just going through the motions. When I was done, I was done. I didnít push myself to train harder because it wasnít necessary (in my head), I just had to hurry and go. This new program will force me to stay in the gym and complete everything.

19. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

You got it .

Sounds like a good move. Change sucks, but it can also crystalize what it is that you really want for yourself.

We all try to rationalize why we aren't doing what we want to. But, this rationalization process doesn't help us. It simply makes us feel guilty for not following through.

Just realize you can, and will do it.
  20. Does a degree really matter anymore?

You got it .

Sounds like a good move. Change sucks, but it can also crystalize what it is that you really want for yourself.

We all try to rationalize why we aren't doing what we want to. But, this rationalization process doesn't help us. It simply makes us feel guilty for not following through.

Just realize you can, and will do it.
    Thank you, T3x! Iím up and ready to go! I canít wait to see my future self. *

21. Quote Originally Posted by Bodybeast View Post
    I wanted to message you to learn more, but for some reason the updated app doesn't let me message. If you could shoot me one I would appreciate it. Thanks for the info and recommendation!
    +1 to Kaggle competitions and networking. You can get data sets from data.world to practice with as well. Definitely be strong with SQL, and either Python or R (I side with Python for its dual purpose).

Data Analyst stuff is a good intro to analysis, but you will rarely get beyond a BI tool like Tableau / Microstrategy / etc with custom data modeling on the backend. I find Tableau pretty weak for statistics though which is where knowing Python or R come in because you can bolt them on and stand out from other analysts if you statistics knowledge is strong enough.

22. Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    +1 to Kaggle competitions and networking. You can get data sets from data.world to practice with as well. Definitely be strong with SQL, and either Python or R (I side with Python for its dual purpose).

Data Analyst stuff is a good intro to analysis, but you will rarely get beyond a BI tool like Tableau / Microstrategy / etc with custom data modeling on the backend. I find Tableau pretty weak for statistics though which is where knowing Python or R come in because you can bolt them on and stand out from other analysts if you statistics knowledge is strong enough.
    Sounds like youíre speaking a completely different language. Can you tell me if excel pivot is pretty easy to learn? I have to practice it.

23. This new workout sucks! Iím about to puke!

24. Sounds like fun

25. Welp, Iím heading to SoCal next week and the northwest / Canada in April. I have been turning down jobs because... well, they donít fit my needs, and Iím no longer settling. I have this anxiety to just travel and getting a ďrealĒ job will not allow me to travel as much, but not getting one (money wise) will do the same. Iím torn and want to be a flight attendant so bad!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. Does the type of whey protein u take really matter???
    By viking805fan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
  4. Does mega- TRN really compair to real tren
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
  5. What does the ban REALLY mean??
    By Chem101 in forum Politics
    Replies: 17