Does a degree really matter anymore?

Page 21 of 22 First ... 19202122 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Wait, AC is not common there? I’ve been running my fan all year long! I was just telling my coworker that I can’t wait to live by the water in Washington!
    Some of the newer apartments have it, but search for rentals and choose AC as an option. The results go form like 50 to 4 lol. You really only need it in the summer for a few weeks, so a lot of people get window units or portable ones. I'm used to having it on pretty much year-round, so it's taken some getting used to and we have a portable unit for the bedroom in case of bad days. However, even super hot days typically cool down fast at night. I'd be out at 2am in Dallas and it was still crazy hot well after the sun went down!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Some of the newer apartments have it, but search for rentals and choose AC as an option. The results go form like 50 to 4 lol. You really only need it in the summer for a few weeks, so a lot of people get window units or portable ones. I'm used to having it on pretty much year-round, so it's taken some getting used to and we have a portable unit for the bedroom in case of bad days. However, even super hot days typically cool down fast at night. I'd be out at 2am in Dallas and it was still crazy hot well after the sun went down!
    Holy crap I would have literally died this year without ac here in Ohio. The amount of 90+ and feels like 100+ days here have been insane. When we went to the cabin up in Michigan when shopping for ac units and everywhere there had been selling them like hot cakes and were all back ordered. They said it had been like this all summer they just couldn't keep them on hand. Luckily found a couple finally at Lowe's. Over 600 for 2 portables. Luckily I didn't have to foot the Bill!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Holy crap I would have literally died this year without ac here in Ohio. The amount of 90+ and feels like 100+ days here have been insane. When we went to the cabin up in Michigan when shopping for ac units and everywhere there had been selling them like hot cakes and were all back ordered. They said it had been like this all summer they just couldn't keep them on hand. Luckily found a couple finally at Lowe's. Over 600 for 2 portables. Luckily I didn't have to foot the Bill!
    I donít know why I thought you lived in England all this time. Lol, youíre just here in Ohio! Are you by the Goodyear company?

School starts next week and Iím not ready. I donít know any more, guys. Fcuk me...
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

4. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I donít know why I thought you lived in England all this time. Lol, youíre just here in Ohio! Are you by the Goodyear company?

School starts next week and Iím not ready. I donít know any more, guys. Fcuk me...
    I start school in 3 weeks too. Im 28 and havent been to school since i dropped out in 2005. Im more excited than anything else though. Get to quit my physical labor job and go work towards a better future for my family.

5. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    I start school in 3 weeks too. Im 28 and havent been to school since i dropped out in 2005. Im more excited than anything else though. Get to quit my physical labor job and go work towards a better future for my family.
    Congratulations!!!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Chris, if you work as hard at school as you do in the gym, youíre going to be wildly successful!

Good luck, brother!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    Chris, if you work as hard at school as you do in the gym, youíre going to be wildly successful!

Good luck, brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Congratulations!!!
    Thanks guys

8. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Thatís awesome! Congrats! Youíll do amazing!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

9. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Exciting stuff man! Are you getting your GED or already have it and studying something else? (Math says you dropped out at 15, if I'm right.)

10. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Exciting stuff man! Are you getting your GED or already have it and studying something else? (Math says you dropped out at 15, if I'm right.)
    Yes i did drop out at 15. Got my GED at 18 and havent done anything since. Going for my associates of applied science in automotive technology

11. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Yes i did drop out at 15. Got my GED at 18 and havent done anything since. Going for my associates of applied science in automotive technology
    It doesnít matter how long it takes or how old you are when you achieve your degree. The goal is to never give up no matter how difficult it is.

I told someone that I was starting school next week and he said, ďYou must be really smart!Ē Lol, I laughed and said, ďNot really, just super driven.Ē

12. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    It doesn’t matter how long it takes or how old you are when you achieve your degree. The goal is to never give up no matter how difficult it is.

I told someone that I was starting school next week and he said, “You must be really smart!” Lol, I laughed and said, “Not really, just super driven.”
    Being driven is more important than being smart! I know several super smart people who have no drive and failed out of college, wasting thousands of their parents dollars.

13. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    It doesn’t matter how long it takes or how old you are when you achieve your degree. The goal is to never give up no matter how difficult it is.

I told someone that I was starting school next week and he said, “You must be really smart!” Lol, I laughed and said, “Not really, just super driven.”
    In the words of the 5/3/1 god Jim Wendler "Discipline over Motivation"......I see all these young kids coming into engineering with ideas to change the world, but they don't even discipline to study a problem before they give up and want someone else to fix it or figure it out for them. Keep pushing girl...

14. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Being driven is more important than being smart! I know several super smart people who have no drive and failed out of college, wasting thousands of their parents dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    In the words of the 5/3/1 god Jim Wendler "Discipline over Motivation"......I see all these young kids coming into engineering with ideas to change the world, but they don't even discipline to study a problem before they give up and want someone else to fix it or figure it out for them. Keep pushing girl...
    I donít know, guys. First night of class tonight and I may have bitten more than I can chew. Iím fcuking terrified but more terrified of giving up. One book is going to cost me over $300. Wth?!

15. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    I donít know, guys. First night of class tonight and I may have bitten more than I can chew. Iím fcuking terrified but more terrified of giving up. One book is going to cost me over $300. Wth?!
    Do you need to buy it? I usually rent from Amazon or Chegg. Sometimes I can even get away with an online PDF, or buying an older edition, etc.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Do you need to buy it? I usually rent from Amazon or Chegg. Sometimes I can even get away with an online PDF, or buying an older edition, etc.
    Definitely look into this. Books are almost always cheaper on Amazon than your schools book store, as well.
  17. Does a degree really matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Definitely look into this. Books are almost always cheaper on Amazon than your schools book store, as well.
    This, but there arenít many books that I bought anyway if I had the option of renting them. I do have some PDFs of books though, which I actually prefer, Ctrl + F is AMAZING. But if exams are open book, having a book is a must lol.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Yeah i got one thats 400 and i need to get it and the 2 year online access but its the only one i need for all of my automotive classes

19. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Oh it aint been that bad. I have found it quite refreshing here in Michigan. Granted I'm originally from South Louisiana. And spent time in places like Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Lol
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

20. Use bookfinder.com or ecampus.com for text books at less than retail

21. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    This, but there aren’t many books that I bought anyway if I had the option of renting them. I do have some PDFs of books though, which I actually prefer, Ctrl + F is AMAZING. But if exams are open book, having a book is a must lol.
    I have only ever bought a couple books because they were cheap and will come in handy for years to come. My Structures book was a free PDF someone in our class gave out. I used to hate PDFs, but if I can do Structures with one, then any other subject should be easy. Lol
  22. Does a degree really matter anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I have only ever bought a couple books because they were cheap and will come in handy for years to come. My Structures book was a free PDF someone in our class gave out. I used to hate PDFs, but if I can do Structures with one, then any other subject should be easy. Lol
    Structures? You told me your major before, right? I feel like you did. I used PDFs for most of my structures, concrete, steel, etc. courses. I just used printouts for any open book exams, but I did have to buy the AISC steel manual and the ACI concrete building code manual, even though I still prefer using the PDFs most of the time. Same with the FE manual and the state/local codes, etc.

Ctrl + F saves SO MUCH time and effort itís crazy.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Structures? You told me your major before, right? I feel like you did. I used PDFs for most of my structures, concrete, steel, etc. courses. I just used printouts for any open book exams, but I did have to buy the AISC steel manual and the ACI concrete building code manual, even though I still prefer using the PDFs most of the time. Same with the FE manual and the state/local codes, etc.

Ctrl + F saves SO MUCH time and effort it’s crazy.
    Yeah I think so, it's Construction Science and Management. I always needed a physical book for math when I was younger, but now that I am paying for everything I just went with the PDF and it wasn't bad at all.

I'll have to get the AISC Steel Manual this semester I believe, I have one more Structures course and a Soils course. I am not ready to read Geotech reports daily. Lol

Luckily we don't go over any codes in class, I think it would be hard considering most people are going to be moving out of the state for work, so there is no point in learning them. We have had to navigate the national building codes though.

24. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Yeah I think so, it's Construction Science and Management. I always needed a physical book for math when I was younger, but now that I am paying for everything I just went with the PDF and it wasn't bad at all.

I'll have to get the AISC Steel Manual this semester I believe, I have one more Structures course and a Soils course. I am not ready to read Geotech reports daily. Lol

Luckily we don't go over any codes in class, I think it would be hard considering most people are going to be moving out of the state for work, so there is no point in learning them. We have had to navigate the national building codes though.
    Yeah, thatís what I thought you told me lol.

We donít really go over codes in class or on exams, but for our capstone design projects we have to use the codes for whatever city our site is in, so mine is Miami, which means using Miami code and the Florida Building Code. We have to do structures, foundations, water and sewer, stormwater, transportation, HVAC, landscaping, LEED, and cost for basically building an entire site/project. Itís a lot of work, but itís good experience really.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Yeah, that’s what I thought you told me lol.

We don’t really go over codes in class or on exams, but for our capstone design projects we have to use the codes for whatever city our site is in, so mine is Miami, which means using Miami code and the Florida Building Code. We have to do structures, foundations, water and sewer, stormwater, transportation, HVAC, landscaping, LEED, and cost for basically building an entire site/project. It’s a lot of work, but it’s good experience really.
    Oh yeah, I think that is what our capstone is as well. We work with other Architecture and Interior Design students and they design the building and we will come up with a schedule and estimate. They haven't given us all the details though, it isn't until next Spring.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. Does the type of whey protein u take really matter???
    By viking805fan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
  4. Does mega- TRN really compair to real tren
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
  5. What does the ban REALLY mean??
    By Chem101 in forum Politics
    Replies: 17