Does a degree really matter anymore?

Page 19 of 19 First ... 171819

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Lol moreso, when do the payments start? I know 6 months after you stop going. But if your last semester is spring, does that mean you start paying in November? Or does it wait until Fall semester starts and then if you don't enroll, it's 6 months from that?
    You can easily call and get them deferred for a year beyond your initial 6 mos. You just have to call them and tell them you need a 1 time deferment.

    I'm also running a non-profit so as long as I'm doing that I just pay the minimum and after 8 years they wipe all my loans out

    There's all types of loopholes with this stuff if you know where to look.
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    You can easily call and get them deferred for a year beyond your initial 6 mos. You just have to call them and tell them you need a 1 time deferment.

    I'm also running a non-profit so as long as I'm doing that I just pay the minimum and after 8 years they wipe all my loans out

    There's all types of loopholes with this stuff if you know where to look.
    Thatís awesome! I just found out the other day that you can get it wiped cleaned if you have a disability. I have to look into it for my brother. I know that if youíre a state worker, you can get it paid for as well.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I am, but I know how discouraging it would be to just barely miss the cutoff 5 separate times. I keep telling her one or two years won't matter later on. Not to mention nursing programs are fairly competitive to go into. They let just about anyone into mine. Lol

    Hers are EdFinancial and mine are Fed Loan Servicing, I don't know if that's good or bad lol
    Nursing programs are extremely competitive. My sister in law had to go through one of those for profit nursing school just to get her LVN, and is waiting til she has the baby to get her RN because if they knew she was pregnant, they wouldnít accept her.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  4. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Gotcha. We are trying to decide if she should sign up for a couple easy online classes to get 6 credits and hope FAFSA will cover it to keep them deferred, or just apply for an extended amount of time. Its only a couple hundred a month but she plans to re apply again as they give priority to those. Or just wait until I graduate and we move for sure and look into programs wherever we go, but that would be out of state and I'm not sure how credits would transfer.
    Call and talk with them. They typically offer several different options and tend to be find with deferments within reason since the interest kicks in anyway. As somebody who had a six figure student loan, don't defer for longer than you absolutely have to!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Thatís awesome! I just found out the other day that you can get it wiped cleaned if you have a disability. I have to look into it for my brother. I know that if youíre a state worker, you can get it paid for as well.
    My wife had her's completely wiped cleaned plus our oldest daughter's cause she signed for them cause of her MS
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    My wife had her's completely wiped cleaned plus our oldest daughter's cause she signed for them cause of her MS
    Wow! Can you DM me on how you did it? My brother is extremely sick and this would be one thing he wouldnít have to worry about.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    My wife had her's completely wiped cleaned plus our oldest daughter's cause she signed for them cause of her MS
    if the PROSPER act goes through, most of that goes away
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    if the PROSPER act goes through, most of that goes away
    Ahhh, donít say that!!!!!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    if the PROSPER act goes through, most of that goes away
    Not sure why you say that. The Prosper Act only talks about going to a one loan system, and cutting off programs from federal aid for not making programs for students affordable enough for completion of their program. It says nothing about, if a student can not finish due to illness. Or even in my wifes case. She completed her course of study, but could not work in her field of study due to a physical disability. That falls under the ADA, not school funding. Thats why student loan can be wiped out if still owed on due to illness or physical disability.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Nursing programs are extremely competitive. My sister in law had to go through one of those for profit nursing school just to get her LVN, and is waiting til she has the baby to get her RN because if they knew she was pregnant, they wouldn’t accept her.
    Yeah it sucks, she applied to a short term LPN program to just get the ball rolling, but that is what she was #6 on, I am hoping 6 people drop in the mean time. I am not opposed to searching who got in and busting some knee caps to prevent their ability to join this time. But I just want the best for her so that's okay, right? Lol
  11. Does a degree really matter anymore?


    Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Yeah it sucks, she applied to a short term LPN program to just get the ball rolling, but that is what she was #6 on, I am hoping 6 people drop in the mean time. I am not opposed to searching who got in and busting some knee caps to prevent their ability to join this time. But I just want the best for her so that's okay, right? Lol
    VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER!!!! Lol

    Sometimes we have to believe in unanswered prayers and blessings in disguise. It sucks but sheíll get there. She wants it really bad, so sheíll definitely get there!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  12. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER!!!! Lol

    Sometimes we have to believe in unanswered prayers and blessings in disguise. It sucks but she’ll get there. She wants it really bad, so she’ll definitely get there!
    I have no doubt she will get in soon. It just sucks to see someone try so hard and still not get what they're after. Especially knowing her history and work ethic, she is one of the few who actually deserve it. She has done so many other great things, but they just aren't worth anything on the applications which sucks.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Not sure why you say that. The Prosper Act only talks about going to a one loan system, and cutting off programs from federal aid for not making programs for students affordable enough for completion of their program. It says nothing about, if a student can not finish due to illness. Or even in my wifes case. She completed her course of study, but could not work in her field of study due to a physical disability. That falls under the ADA, not school funding. Thats why student loan can be wiped out if still owed on due to illness or physical disability.
    Sorry misread your post and didn't realize both were related to health issues. You're right, but the PROSPER act would change the system for other people counting on the government to pay off their loans based on things like non-profit/charity work or working for the state.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER!!!! Lol!
    It all depends on what the question is.

  15. Guys, this job is hard. I feel completely defeated today. Please help...
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  16. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Guys, this job is hard. I feel completely defeated today. Please help...
    You got this. I promise you
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Guys, this job is hard. I feel completely defeated today. Please help...
    You've gotten through much worse. Do you really think you came this far to let this defeat you? Bullshyt
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  18. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Guys, this job is hard. I feel completely defeated today. Please help...
    You can take an easy, mindless job and coast for the rest of your life with regrets or you can push yourself and get through this challenge. You'll gain the confidence as you get further and get more time in there.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    You got this. I promise you
    Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You've gotten through much worse. Do you really think you came this far to let this defeat you? Bullshyt
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    You can take an easy, mindless job and coast for the rest of your life with regrets or you can push yourself and get through this challenge. You'll gain the confidence as you get further and get more time in there.
    Thank you, guys! I was so stressed out, I wanted to walk out. Sick to my stomach, starving but no appetite. Tomorrow will be better. I canít give up, because I donít want to have any regrets. I have to see it all the way through and eventually itíll get easier.
    Youíre excited that life is finally giving you a break but now youíre trying your hardest to hold on to it. I wonít let it break me.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  20. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Thank you, guys! I was so stressed out, I wanted to walk out. Sick to my stomach, starving but no appetite. Tomorrow will be better. I canít give up, because I donít want to have any regrets. I have to see it all the way through and eventually itíll get easier.
    Youíre excited that life is finally giving you a break but now youíre trying your hardest to hold on to it. I wonít let it break me.
    I remember one day last year, granted I was on my bulk and was taking a few things but, we where short handed and I was stressed to the max. My Asst. Chief came and said "Matt, Roy still has 3 days(Purchasing Agents have 3 days to process an Order....I'm no Longer a Purchasing Agent)...I said OK, she responded with your gonna do Roy's 3 days, I said you have 3 Purchasing Agents in the other room....She said your gonna do Roy's 3 days or you can go home and then walked out the Room. I said OK, FINE." I put in Sick Leave and Went Home. Sometimes Stress just gets to you. It happens. But, its how you handle it. I have been at my job for 6 years now. I wasn't gonna give that all up cause I was stressed out.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    I remember one day last year, granted I was on my bulk and was taking a few things but, we where short handed and I was stressed to the max. My Asst. Chief came and said "Matt, Roy still has 3 days(Purchasing Agents have 3 days to process an Order....I'm no Longer a Purchasing Agent)...I said OK, she responded with your gonna do Roy's 3 days, I said you have 3 Purchasing Agents in the other room....She said your gonna do Roy's 3 days or you can go home and then walked out the Room. I said OK, FINE." I put in Sick Leave and Went Home. Sometimes Stress just gets to you. It happens. But, its how you handle it. I have been at my job for 6 years now. I wasn't gonna give that all up cause I was stressed out.
    Yes!! Definitely! I didnít want to make a permanent decision just because of my temporary situation.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

  22. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Guys, this job is hard. I feel completely defeated today. Please help...
    Find....send me ur cell number and I'll send some selfie nudes right away, u won't stop laughing!!!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. Does the type of whey protein u take really matter???
    By viking805fan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
  4. Does mega- TRN really compair to real tren
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
  5. What does the ban REALLY mean??
    By Chem101 in forum Politics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM
Log in
Log in