Does a degree really matter anymore?

Page 12 of 21 First ... 1011121314 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I grew up in Chicago and have never done well in the heat. But again, I've been in Seattle less than a week now, so check on me in a few months lol.
    Lol, I may have passed you on the streets! Jk Hope your move was smooth!
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

2. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Well thats why....Dallas sucks. Lol. Central Texas is the place to be
    Couldn't agree more!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Lol, I may have passed you on the streets! Jk Hope your move was smooth!
    Still waiting for the POD to get here on Tuesday with all my stuff lol. The drive up was amazing!
    ***PES Representative***

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Still waiting for the POD to get here on Tuesday with all my stuff lol. The drive up was amazing!
    Did you get one of those high rise apartment??? *super jelly*

What states did you drive through??
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-

5. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Did you get one of those high rise apartment??? *super jelly*

What states did you drive through??
    No, we're in a townhouse abour 20 minutes north of downtown. Those apartments didn't really have the amount of space that we were looking for. We ended up driving through Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, and finally Washington. Started off boring, but then got better and better!
    ***PES Representative***
    •   

6. Ahhhh, yes! Iíd love to see Wyoming and Idaho!

I canít imagine how much those high rises are! I really love north Seattle or Everett.

FYI, donít ever believe a hotel and itís location! My Portland hotel is really in Gresham and my Seattle hotel was really in sea-tac (the Uber guy said it was its own city). Lol, I spent $60 round trip from Sea-Tac to downtown.

7. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    You are completely correct! Youíll never know if you donít try. Thatís why I always make sure I see things til the end because I donít ever want to wonder why. Congrats on everything!

Attachment 162791

So far Iíve applied for 123 jobs and this does not include state jobs, and have had 2-3 interviews. I canít give up, though.
    Seems like your utilizing Indeed! Have you tried LinkedIn?
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    No, we're in a townhouse abour 20 minutes north of downtown. Those apartments didn't really have the amount of space that we were looking for. We ended up driving through Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, and finally Washington. Started off boring, but then got better and better!
    You come through coeur d'alene and post falls on your way over there?

9. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    You come through coeur d'alene and post falls on your way over there?
    No. We took 84 through Boise and didn't meet up with 90 until after Yakima. Now that I'm in the area though I will definitely be checking out everything here so feel free to send me anything that I shouldn't pass up.
    ***PES Representative***

10. Hereís a bit of Oregon!
    IMG_1523220456.862605.jpg

❤️❤️

11. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Hereís a bit of Oregon!
    IMG_1523220456.862605.jpg

12. Does a degree really matter anymore?

IMG_0891.jpg

Hereís the waterfall! I donít know which is better, Portland or Seattle!

Sacramento doesnít compare!

13. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    IMG_0891.jpg

Hereís the waterfall! I donít know which is better, Portland or Seattle!

Sacramento doesnít compare!
    Wow where is that?

14. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    IMG_0891.jpg

Here’s the waterfall! I don’t know which is better, Portland or Seattle!

Sacramento doesn’t compare!
    North Carolina is way better then any place....

15. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Wow where is that?
    Multnomah Fall, just outside of Portland. On my way home now. I want to go home but want to stay as well!

Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    North Carolina is way better then any place....
    Where are you in North Carolina? My childhood friend moved to Charlotte, and I have relatives there as well. Was telling my mom we should go there before I start school. Fly to North Carolina and drive down to Florida.

16. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Where are you in North Carolina? My childhood friend moved to Charlotte, and I have relatives there as well. Was telling my mom we should go there before I start school. Fly to North Carolina and drive down to Florida.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wins...North_Carolina

Home of RJR Tobacco. Our main office is in Charlotte.

17. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wins...North_Carolina

Home of RJR Tobacco. Our main office is in Charlotte.
    It looks like Sacramento!

Had a job interview today. I feel like it went really well, really nice interviewer. Fingers cross.

18. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

Had a job interview today. I feel like it went really well, really nice interviewer. Fingers cross.
    Where is the job at?

19. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Where is the job at?
    Accounting for jiffy lube. 🤞🏽🤞🏽

20. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Accounting for jiffy lube. ��������
    Did u walk in and act like u didn't their job, they needed u?

21. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post

Hope it works out! Sending positive vibes your way!!!
    ***PES Representative***

22. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Did u walk in and act like u didn't their job, they needed u?
    Lol, that went out the window. I was not desperate but I was positive and enthusiastic. It changes the whole dynamic when you have a great interviewer. We joked and laughed and he was very understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Hope it works out! Sending positive vibes your way!!!
    Thank you! I really appreciate it! Iíve been applying a lot to the state as well and scoring really high on all their tests. 🤞🏽

23. Iím so annoyed. I give up, guys!

24. Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Iím so annoyed. I give up, guys!
    No. Never.

I applied to 258 positions via Linkedin, another 91 via Indeed. Plus Glasdoor and other sites. Never gave up.

Have a super smart ex-colleague has been under-employed for three years now. I would say maybe 200+ interviews. No luck. I have known her since 2012. Outstanding salesperson. Too smart and extrovert for her own good. I clicked with her. Most would feel threatened. She has learned to be clinical at interviews, so hopefully soon will obtain a position commensurate with her intelligence.

Things happen. Take a hard look at your resume, your letters, your appearance at interviews, body language, how you answer, etc.

It is ok to be down. Get back up again afterwards.

Lotka's Law is in your favor.

25. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    No. Never.

I applied to 258 positions via Linkedin, another 91 via Indeed. Plus Glasdoor and other sites. Never gave up.

Have a super smart ex-colleague has been under-employed for three years now. I would say maybe 200+ interviews. No luck. I have known her since 2012. Outstanding salesperson. Too smart and extrovert for her own good. I clicked with her. Most would feel threatened. She has learned to be clinical at interviews, so hopefully soon will obtain a position commensurate with her intelligence.

Things happen. Take a hard look at your resume, your letters, your appearance at interviews, body language, how you answer, etc.

It is ok to be down. Get back up again afterwards.

Lotka's Law is in your favor.
    Thank you, itís just really disheartening. Thereís a job fair on Thursday that I will be going to. I have to give my all and try my best.

I canít imagine being unemployed for three years. Itís like jobs nowadays hire for personality, you canít be too much of this or that. I understand, though. At my last job, if I was too quiet and focusing on work, ďsomething was wrong and I was having a bad day.Ē

Thanks for your words of encouragement! I really appreciate it.

I got a call from the guy who interviewed me. He said it was between me and another person. But of course he hired the other person. Iím sure it was between me and everyone he interviewed, oh well. On to the next one...

I messaged my old classmate, told him that I donít know about law school. If itís this difficult to get a job, what good will another degree be?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
  2. Does the type of whey protein u take really matter???
    By viking805fan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:24 AM
  4. Does mega- TRN really compair to real tren
    By mercedesdd in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:03 PM
  5. What does the ban REALLY mean??
    By Chem101 in forum Politics
    Replies: 17