Star wars 8

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Star wars 8

Who's excited? Its been a long wait today the movie comes out. I was born the year the original came out so definitely holding onto a piece of my childhood w these movies.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin

2. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Who's excited? Its been a long wait today the movie comes out. I was born the year the original came out so definitely holding onto a piece of my childhood w these movies.
    It was awesome... Definitely had that star wars magic though was a lot of unexpected outcomes. Great movie and I guess these movies are more about the next generation.

Anyone else thoughts??
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    It was awesome... Definitely had that star wars magic though was a lot of unexpected outcomes. Great movie and I guess these movies are more about the next generation.

Anyone else thoughts??
    Haven't seen it yet. I havent see any of the new ones. I will forever believe in the otiginal 3 but maybe its time to see one of the new ones
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

4. Actually saw this tonight. I liked it but it definitely had a Disney-esque flair and had a lot of repeated elements from past movies. Not my favorite but always a good watch imo

5. I’ve never seen any of it. My friend was texting me about how it made him cry and I didn’t know what to say.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-
    •   

6. star wars 8 pissed me off!!!! fuk. really disappointed especially with how awesome rogue one was

7. I️ thought it was great! Some of the Disney “humor” felt a bit off and I️ did t like it much, but not enough to make me not like the movie
    Black Lion Research Rep

8. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    I️ thought it was great! Some of the Disney “humor” felt a bit off and I️ did t like it much, but not enough to make me not like the movie
    I didn't mind the humor actually there was other reasons. I'm not gonna say due to spoilers.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I didn't mind the humor actually there was other reasons. I'm not gonna say due to spoilers.
    Yeah I thought it was good but definitely more about the newer characters. I saw an interview with Mark Hamill where he said if you're going into this movie trying to relive a piece of your childhood it's not going to happen. I think they use the original characters more to serve the purpose of the story for the newer characters. For those of us who grew up with Star Wars this can be kind of painful to watch. But at the end of the day it's entertainment and I thought the movie was good. Not the direction I would go as a die-hard Star Wars fan but good. It almost seems to me as the directors of these movies really don't understand what the essence of the force was about in these original movies. At any rate it is what it is different times amd disney-owned.

I thought the humor was off at times but good too at times because this is a darker type movie for Star Wars. At the end of this one there really wasn't much HOPE at all so curious to see what they will do in the next one.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin

10. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Yeah I thought it was good but definitely more about the newer characters. I saw an interview with Mark Hamill where he said if you're going into this movie trying to relive a piece of your childhood it's not going to happen. I think they use the original characters more to serve the purpose of the story for the newer characters. For those of us who grew up with Star Wars this can be kind of painful to watch. But at the end of the day it's entertainment and I thought the movie was good. Not the direction I would go as a die-hard Star Wars fan but good. It almost seems to me as the directors of these movies really don't understand what the essence of the force was about in these original movies. At any rate it is what it is different times amd disney-owned.

I thought the humor was off at times but good too at times because this is a darker type movie for Star Wars. At the end of this one there really wasn't much HOPE at all so curious to see what they will do in the next one.
    it's wasn't even that. it had some major fundamental flaws that i could not ignore. I want to say more but I also don't want to ruin anything.

11. Thought it was a disaster and the most insulting film I've seen as of yet. I didn't think they could make something worse than 7 but I was very wrong about that.

12. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    it's wasn't even that. it had some major fundamental flaws that i could not ignore. I want to say more but I also don't want to ruin anything.
    Like introducing even more characters to just give them pointless tasks to complete?
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by Transhuman View Post
    Thought it was a disaster and the most insulting film I've seen as of yet. I didn't think they could make something worse than 7 but I was very wrong about that.
    I think it was better than 7 because 7 was pretty much a remake of 4, where this had some rehashed elements of 5 and 6, but also introduced some new items or took a different path. I'm seriously trying to decide if these sequels are worse than the prequels!
    ***PES Representative***

14. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I think it was better than 7 because 7 was pretty much a remake of 4, where this had some rehashed elements of 5 and 6, but also introduced some new items or took a different path. I'm seriously trying to decide if these sequels are worse than the prequels!
    I say they're worse than the prequels. DIsney has undermined not just the past 6 episodes but the 40 years of hard work put into expanding the lore before the acquisition. At least the prequels fit into the lore instead of ruining the established great characters. Poe is the only character I don't despise in the new trilogy; Kylo being the worst.

My nerd rage is showing lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by Transhuman View Post
    I say they're worse than the prequels. DIsney has undermined not just the past 6 episodes but the 40 years of hard work put into expanding the lore before the acquisition. At least the prequels fit into the lore instead of ruining the established great characters. Poe is the only character I don't despise in the new trilogy; Kylo being the worst.

My nerd rage is showing lol
    Sort of spoiler alert, but seriously why read a thread discussing a movie you don't want to be spoiled on:
    What a waste of Snoke! They could have went in a direction to tie in why the Sith are important, but nope. Complete waste of what could have been a great character.
    ***PES Representative***

16. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Sort of spoiler alert, but seriously why read a thread discussing a movie you don't want to be spoiled on:
    What a waste of Snoke! They could have went in a direction to tie in why the Sith are important, but nope. Complete waste of what could have been a great character.
    *Spoilers*

Exactly. How can a powerful Sith Lord like Snoke was made out to be not realize Kylo turning the lightsaber? He should have been able to see, hear and "feel" it move. Waste of Andy Serkis. Kylo is not an intimidating villain. Also, Serkis as Gollum looked on par if not better than Snoke despite the decade difference in production. Excessive CGI is never good. Then there's the big issue with Luke and how Disney completed butchered his character and purpose from the original trilogy.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Like introducing even more characters to just give them pointless tasks to complete?
    god yes there are only 4 people that actually did something that mattered and even then most what they did didn't matter.

18. Spoilers Alert: Please don't hate me for posting this!

When I saw the trailers, I was like "hmm the empire strikes back. again."
    Wrong.
    This one's like a jumpstart to leave the past storyline behind. Snoke is dead, so, no more Emperor figure. Phasma is dead, so, no more Boba Fett figure. I also liked the idea of Rey not being connected to a big somebody (I guess we have to wait until IX to prove this), like anybody can be a Jedi now. IMO, it helps us focus on the new central characters while bringing the series into the realm of the unexpected.

19. Quote Originally Posted by maggie.stine View Post
    Spoilers Alert: Please don't hate me for posting this!

When I saw the trailers, I was like "hmm the empire strikes back. again."
    Wrong.
    This one's like a jumpstart to leave the past storyline behind. Snoke is dead, so, no more Emperor figure. Phasma is dead, so, no more Boba Fett figure. I also liked the idea of Rey not being connected to a big somebody (I guess we have to wait until IX to prove this), like anybody can be a Jedi now. IMO, it helps us focus on the new central characters while bringing the series into the realm of the unexpected.
    No offense Maggie but I think this is exactly what Pissed people off. They undid 40 years of star wars legend in one movie lol Even though its a piece of my childhood I'm with you, gotta evolve with the times.

I keep thinking though, the whole point of the movie was the menacing first order was waiting for them to run out of gas? Lol
    Kind of a stupid movie storyline and as stated the Finn debacle did absolutely 0 to serve this story lol First order doesn't seem so menacing with their leader gone and a general hux who is now completely submissive to kylo ren.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Going on thursday. Is it worth paying the extra money for 3D?
    A few movies I have seen in 3D in the past I really did not get much out of it.....

Trying to avoid the spoilers posts.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

21. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    A few movies I have seen in 3D in the past I really did not get much out of it.....

I wouldn’t bother with 3D, I’ve never been a fan of it really
    Black Lion Research Rep
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

$3 for regular showing
    $7 for 3D
    $10 for the DBOX Seats
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    I wouldn’t bother with 3D, I’ve never been a fan of it really
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

I saw it in 3d it was good. Its a nice addition I mean it's only 4$ lol. I went with my mom and she didn't want to watch it in 3d initially but was blown away by the end

If you can handle the glasses id say it adds to the experience.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

i saw the last star wars in 3d, and honestly i flipped off my glasses a few times and I barley noticed a difference same with the last fast and the furious. It has been a while since I have been to the movies, so I don't know if much has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    I saw it in 3d it was good. Its a nice addition I mean it's only 4$ lol. I went with my mom and she didn't want to watch it in 3d initially but was blown away by the end

If you can handle the glasses id say it adds to the experience.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    i saw the last star wars in 3d, and honestly i flipped off my glasses a few times and I barley noticed a difference same with the last fast and the furious. It has been a while since I have been to the movies, so I don't know if much has changed.
    Well I took my glasses off a couple times too and honestly it looks blurry without them on. I don't think it will make much of a difference just kind of adds to it. The last one I saw was the last Jurassic park.
    Anima Vestra
    Anima Vestra

Latin
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Star Wars Movie
    By bigschmidt821 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
  2. LOL Star wars SPoof
    By rippedforce63 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
  3. Hilarious Star Wars Clip
    By AcuDoc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
  4. SO...What did you think of the new Star Wars??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 03:13 PM