Star wars 8

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Last 3D movie I saw was Spy Kids 3D and that's only because the DVD came with it. Feel old about that despite being young.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Transhuman View Post
    I say they're worse than the prequels.
    The prequels were great! i agree that he recent star wars are not as good as the prequels but i think they are still good and am happy that they are making them and more to come. There's def a type of fan base when it comes to classic movies that despises any sort of alteration to movies simply bc its "not the classic" and those fans will never be happy with prequels , sequels, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    star wars 8 pissed me off!!!! fuk. really disappointed especially with how awesome rogue one was
    I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Actually saw this tonight. I liked it but it definitely had a Disney-esque flair and had a lot of repeated elements from past movies.
    PORGS!! <3 besides the porgs.... i would have preferred the movie be a bit darker. The largest part of the star wars fan base is comprised of full grown adults now....

Quote Originally Posted by puccah8808 View Post
    Iíve never seen any of it. My friend was texting me about how it made him cry and I didnít know what to say.
    i have yet to hear of anyone i know crying on this movie. which part was cry worthy?! lol...
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    The prequels were great! i agree that he recent star wars are not as good as the prequels but i think they are still good and am happy that they are making them and more to come. There's def a type of fan base when it comes to classic movies that despises any sort of alteration to movies simply bc its "not the classic" and those fans will never be happy with prequels , sequels, etc...

I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far.
    PORGS!! <3 besides the porgs.... i would have preferred the movie be a bit darker. The largest part of the star wars fan base is comprised of full grown adults now....

i have yet to hear of anyone i know crying on this movie. which part was cry worthy?! lol...
    I think Rogue one was amazingly well written. It was such a great story which tied directly into episode 4. I would say its definitely one of the top 5 possibly top 3 for me.

I'm not going to lie I teared up in 2 scenes. One when Yoda was speaking about the greatest teacher being failure. Something I've learned in my own life so prob hit close to home. Then again in the last scene when Leaih was talking about people who were lost and how they're never really gone. I think this also tugged at my heartstrings because I could relate personally. For me it was more pulling on my own life experiences as well as probable connections to these 2 characters (Luke and Leah) stemming back from my childhood. Probably more about that than really emotional type scenes imo. But hey tough guys cry too lol I learned that real men aren't afraid to shed tears and embrace the reality of pain and "let it out".
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

4. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post

I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far..
    I'd like to see more like Rogue One because it gives them more freedom to tell stories without significantly impacting existing characters. The Last Jedi tried hard to piss all over the original three movies.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

5. Rogue One was amazing, Last Jedi? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a smile on my face the whole time, and it was quite enjoyable, but it was simply enjoyable filler content for me. I actually laughed out loud a few times, not at the comedy... but at how ridiculous a couple parts were (without spoiling: Leia in space, and Luke at the very very end). I'm not liking how this feels like a Disney movie now either.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Rogue One was amazing, Last Jedi? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a smile on my face the whole time, and it was quite enjoyable, but it was simply enjoyable filler content for me. I actually laughed out loud a few times, not at the comedy... but at how ridiculous a couple parts were (without spoiling: Leia in space, and Luke at the very very end). I'm not liking how this feels like a Disney movie now either.
    But Disney thinks every one should use the force.... Because of course that's good for marketing lol I see where this whole thing is going and honestly I'm sure Disney was on board if not facilitated the script moving away from the chosen ones to a more anyone can be a force wielder for marketing which I think sucks and really will ruin everything that Lucas created.
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off

7. Quote Originally Posted by Outofbody View Post
    Rogue One was amazing, Last Jedi? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a smile on my face the whole time, and it was quite enjoyable, but it was simply enjoyable filler content for me. I actually laughed out loud a few times, not at the comedy... but at how ridiculous a couple parts were (without spoiling: Leia in space, and Luke at the very very end). I'm not liking how this feels like a Disney movie now either.
    They need to remake Ep 4 with a new young Luke and Han. Make it rated R directed by Quentin Tarantino lol.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    They need to remake Ep 4 with a new young Luke and Han. Make it rated R directed by Quentin Tarantino lol.
    I'd be super down for that, especially if he made Samuel L Jackson a Jedi

9. They need a boba Fett stand alone and a Maul stand alone movie....both great subjects with little screen time but a big following.

10. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    They need a boba Fett stand alone and a Maul stand alone movie....both great subjects with little screen time but a big following.
    it's Disney you know they eventually will, as they always squeeze everything they can out of a series. they are just pacing it

11. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    it's Disney you know we eventually will, as they always squeeze everything they can out of a series. they are just pacing it
    I just hope they are good...mauls needs to be dark!

12. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    I just hope they are good...mauls needs to be dark!
    oh for sure!!!

13. I haven't seen it, but my kids say it's amazing.

14. Quote Originally Posted by IrelandRose View Post
    I haven't seen it, but my kids say it's amazing.
    it was a spectacle, funny, and decently entertaining. although there were major plot holes, scenes that had zero point, main characters who did virtually nothing the whole time, went against a lot of star wars lore, threw away everything from the force awakens, and more that I can't say without spoilers.

was it worth my $10 admission? ya it was. will I watch it again? maybe if I don't have to pay for it. was it still massively disappointing, especially after the awesome movie that was rogue one? HELL YES IT WAS DISAPPOINTING

15. Horrible film, stupid scene.
  16. Administrator

It was an insult to anything Star Wars. The Mary Poppins scene was just horrible.

Rogue One was 100x better.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    It was an insult to anything Star Wars. The Mary Poppins scene was just horrible.

Rogue One was 100x better.
    Lol yeah probably the cheesiest moment of all time.... Worse than jar jar binks. When I saw it I was like ok Leah can fly now huh never seen that one before.

Definitely trampled on everything built (cannon) until this point. The storyline is just bad and honestly don't even know if it's worth watching what happens after this
    Rep for MA Research
    MARESEARCHCHEMS.com
    GS15 for 15%off
  18. Administrator

"Did you change your hair?"

Just garbage.

For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

19. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    Looks like Tarantino will be working on an R-rated Star Trek flik :O

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...k-screenwriter
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Star Wars Movie
    By bigschmidt821 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 06:31 AM
  2. LOL Star wars SPoof
    By rippedforce63 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 05:07 PM
  3. Hilarious Star Wars Clip
    By AcuDoc in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
  4. SO...What did you think of the new Star Wars??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 03:13 PM