Snowflake test

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found this on another form. Thought it was hilarious. I have never met anyone fitting the term.
You Want The Original Snowflake Test? Here It Is | NewBostonPost

The Snowflake Test

Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
What should the national minimum wage be?
How many sick days should be given to employees?
How often should employees get raises?
How do you feel about guns?
What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
How do you feel about police?
If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
When was the last time you cried and why?
You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
What’s your typical breakfast?
What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
How do you handle bullies?
How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
What does the first amendment mean to you?
What does faith mean to you?
Who is your role model and why?
“You’re in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?”
What does America mean to you?
You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
What does “privilege” mean to you?
What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know that you are NOT a freaking SNOWFLAKE when you read these, get angry and say “grow the fock up and work”!!!!!!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found this on another form. Thought it was hilarious. I have never met anyone fitting the term.
You Want The Original Snowflake Test? Here It Is | NewBostonPost

The Snowflake Test

Outside of standard benefits, what benefits should a company offer employees?
Depends on what's "Standard"
What should the national minimum wage be?
$10.00 per hour
How many sick days should be given to employees?
How often should employees get raises?
Yearly
How do you feel about guns?
Guns are a valuable tool.
What are your feelings about employees or clients carrying guns?
Fine. As long as they possess the skill.
What are your feelings about safe spaces in challenging work environments?
I guess it depends on what a challenging workplace is
In a creative environment like The Silent Partner Marketing, what do you envision work attire looking like?
Business attire
Should “trigger warnings” be issued before we release content for clients or the company that might be considered “controversial”?
No
How do you feel about police?
I believe that 90% of Cops are decent, honest people. There are shytheads in every line of work
If you owned the company and were to find out that a client is operating unethically but was a high paying client…how would you handle it?
Not enough info to decide
When was the last time you cried and why?
3 years ago. Death of my Dad
You arrive at an event for work and there’s a major celebrity you’ve always wanted to meet. What happens next?
I do my job.
What’s your favorite kind of adult beverage?
Beer or Margaritas
What’s the best way to communicate with clients?
Verbally
What’s your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Backpacking
What are your thoughts on the current college environment as it pertains to a future workforce?
There are plenty of good young people, they just don't make good news stories.
What’s your typical breakfast?
None
What’s your favorite drink when you go to a coffeehouse?
Vanilla Latte w/2 extra espresso shots, but I don't go very often
How do you handle bullies?
Depends on their age. Minors verbally, others physically.
How do you handle it when your ideas are shot down?
Come up with a better one
What do you do if a coworker comes to the table with an idea and it sucks?
Let them know it sucks without being a dick about it.
What does the first amendment mean to you?
It means sometimes I have to listen to things I don't agree with.
What does faith mean to you?
Believing in something you can't prove.
Who is your role model and why?
My Uncle. Career Army, WW II and Korean War vet. Always knew what to do and did it.
“You’re in Starbucks with two friends. Someone runs in and says someone is coming in with a gun in 15 seconds to shoot patrons. They offer you a gun. Do you take it? What do you do next?”
Yes. Get in a defensive position.
What does America mean to you?
Freedom
You see someone stepping on an American flag. What do you do?
Pick it up
What does “privilege” mean to you?
Something you earned
What’s more important? Book smarts or street smarts? Why?
Street smarts. How are you going to get through life?

I think the term snowflake gets tossed around too much. There are just as many old (over 55) people who fit the general idea of a snowflake as their are young people. And there are more "Non Snowflake" college age kids than people think. The one's crying in the corner and playing with crayons in their "safe space" make better news, so that's what we tend to see. IMO.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Snowflake is ageless.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know that you are NOT a freaking SNOWFLAKE when you read these, get angry and say “grow the fock up and work”!!!!!!
We are a dying breed... God forbid you actually stand up and express that, someone will get their feelings hurt and try and sue lol

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Street smarts. How are you going to get through life?

I think the term snowflake gets tossed around too much. There are just as many old (over 55) people who fit the general idea of a snowflake as their are young people. And there are more "Non Snowflake" college age kids than people think. The one's crying in the corner and playing with crayons in their "safe space" make better news, so that's what we tend to see. IMO.
Well I don't think everyone fits in that category but you have to admit the world certainly is a far different place.... What a difference 20 years can make, 30 for sure. I wouldn't even think I was in the same country

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recall the 70s version were called Mama's Boy. Eventually you went loser/stoner/pervo or grew a set and became a productive male. Well that is from my pre-teen perspective back then.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recall the 70s version were called Mama's Boy. Eventually you went loser/stoner/pervo or grew a set and became a productive male. Well that is from my pre-teen perspective back then.

What exactly is a "productive" male?

I had to check this thread out. I despise the term snowflake, so ridiculous and overused.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What exactly is a "productive" male?

I had to check this thread out. I despise the term snowflake, so ridiculous and overused.
When people do what you do... deliberately act stupid, the best thing is to say, "obviously you were lacking something in your upbringing to cause you to act as you have."

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When people do what you do... deliberately act stupid, the best thing is to say, "obviously you were lacking something in your upbringing to cause you to act as you have."
Lol. I do just fine for myself. I make plenty of money and am a "productive" member of society.

What exactly do I "do"?

I lift more than you, you mad?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. I do just fine for myself. I make plenty of money and am a "productive" member of society.

What exactly do I "do"?

I lift more than you, you mad?
Well you want to act up on the Internet and think you are acting manly? **** off loser. Interesting you went for Money as the measure. Then WTF is up with I lift more than you? You perfectly fit the D-bag stereotype.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well you want to act up on the Internet and think you are acting manly? **** off loser. Interesting you went for Money as the measure. Then WTF is up with I lift more than you? You perfectly fit the D-bag stereotype.
**** off, pissant.

Then what is your "measure"? Someone mentioned money earlier.....

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems to me that the conservative crybabies are the ones who should be called snowflakes. So afraid that their treasured 'Murica is going away.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your stupid toxic masculinity bull**** is so typical.

"When was the last time you cried and why?" What kind of stupid question is that?

Guns, no crying and no raises is your mantra? ****ing loser.

And you get bent out of shape when I jokingly refer to lifts lol? Seems like you might be the crybaby here.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You know what I see when I see a man crying? I see a "real" man who hasn't been brainwashed into believing that they can't show emotions other than rage and anger.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lmao. You are such a ****ing moron.
Me too re LMAO. The benefit is I can tell someone to F-off without any emotion. It is like wiping dog **** off my shoe.
Why you seem to think I have any emotions invested in this exchange with you is also interesting. You should know by now it means nothing.

And no one mentioned anything about emotions this or that. Basically you are ramping up your own scenarios from your addled brain. Keep on adding to your own misconceptions.

Cumrag Prick-face

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do admit that something was missing in my upbringing.

Same as you, masculinity was ill defined for you, so you now have to go out of your way to prove you're a "real man".

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me too re LMAO. The benefit is I can tell someone to F-off without any emotion. It is like wiping dog **** off my shoe.
Why you seem to think I have any emotions invested in this exchange with you is also interesting. You should know by now it means nothing.

Prick-face
More tough macho masculine man talk.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

And no one mentioned anything about emotions this or that. Basically you are ramping up your own scenarios from your addled brain. Keep on adding to your own misconceptions.

Cumrag Prick-face
Nice addition. The fact that you have to keep coming up with new names tells me you have some emotion invested. Otherwise you would just ignore me.

Lololololol.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And yeah I do have an emotion regarding this discussion. Pity.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love using the word snowflake, also can substitute it with sissy or liberal.....peoples whole thought processes are twisted where I cant even comprehend someone thinking the way they do, so out comes the adjectives to describe them

hipsters ruined america

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol, such an extensive vocabulary!

Are you the kinda guy who wears sunglasses to funerals? Or do you just wait until you get home to let it all out so that noone can see you?

The fact that you have to resort to name calling speaks to your weakness. Your insistence on dividing the US based on your ridiculous views on masculinity is nothing more than a fear based reaction to the changes that are inevitably coming.

Feeling a bit vulnerable?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I admit that I'm a little confused how workplace benefits, sick leave, and salaries/raises rope into being a "snowflake."

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I admit that I'm a little confused how workplace benefits, sick leave, and salaries/raises rope into being a "snowflake."
Because you're asking for "special treatment", I guess. Beats the hell outta me.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, such an extensive vocabulary!

Are you the kinda guy who wears sunglasses to funerals? Or do you just wait until you get home to let it all out so that noone can see you?

The fact that you have to resort to name calling speaks to your weakness. Your insistence on dividing the US based on your ridiculous views on masculinity is nothing more than a fear based reaction to the changes that are inevitably coming.

Feeling a bit vulnerable?
hope this nonsense wasn't directed at me....because theres no fear of change in me, change is good when it's needed, the change in America isn't happening, it's just liberal snowflakes trying to push their agenda, most ppl just laugh at them like I do

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's because the liberal snowflakes have such a weak work ethic....so they believe everyone should have 8 months of sick and vacation time

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I think it's because the liberal snowflakes have such a weak work ethic....so they believe everyone should have 8 months of sick and vacation time
I think it should have been broken out a little more. The push for $15 wages for McDonald's employees was ridiculous and certainly entitled employees without experience thinking they deserve every benefit under the sun are annoying. However, I think in the grand picture, we get taken advantage too much by corporations to then defend them for underpaying us and not giving benefits (by attacking the disgruntled employees as being snowflakes). We give our lives to our work and we would be idiots to not get all that we can. If another company offers you better pay/benefits that will help your life and your family, take it. Always take it. Or use it to leverage similar increases at your current job. Many of us will see our workplace more than we see our wife and kids! Nothing political about that.

I get your point, though, and agree about that particular sect of people.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it should have been broken out a little more. The push for $15 wages for McDonald's employees was ridiculous and certainly entitled employees without experience thinking they deserve every benefit under the sun are annoying. However, I think in the grand picture, we get taken advantage too much by corporations to then defend them for underpaying us and not giving benefits (by attacking the disgruntled employees as being snowflakes). We give our lives to our work and we would be idiots to not get all that we can. If another company offers you better pay/benefits that will help your life and your family, take it. Always take it. Or use it to leverage similar increases at your current job. Many of us will see our workplace more than we see our wife and kids! Nothing political about that.

I get your point, though, and agree about that particular sect of people.
oh I agree....I just know from experience where I work....it's one of the best paying places in our area, we get 3 weeks vacation and 5 weeks vacation after 3 years and ppl still complain and abuse their leave or complain about the job is too difficult for what they make, my last training class, we had like 9 ppl drop out before training was even over, it's paid 3 month training

then my parents look at me like I'm spoiled because they worked for companies for 30 years and only had 3 weeks vacation or my raises are automatic each year....the kids don't seem to value anything anymore

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
oh I agree....I just know from experience where I work....it's one of the best paying places in our area, we get 3 weeks vacation and 5 weeks vacation after 3 years and ppl still complain and abuse their leave or complain about the job is too difficult for what they make, my last training class, we had like 9 ppl drop out before training was even over, it's paid 3 month training

then my parents look at me like I'm spoiled because they worked for companies for 30 years and only had 3 weeks vacation or my raises are automatic each year....the kids don't seem to value anything anymore
Dang. Five weeks of vacation is pretty sweet. What do these people think they're going to get elsewhere? Geez. And that's a lot of people to quit halfway through the training. Your employer probably lost a lot of money between the paid training and employee processing/hiring.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang. Five weeks of vacation is pretty sweet. What do these people think they're going to get elsewhere? Geez. And that's a lot of people to quit halfway through the training. Your employer probably lost a lot of money between the paid training and employee processing/hiring.
haha yeah I'm sure they lose money....even the union where I work laughs at these ppl when they complain about vacation and sick time because for the most part it's completely fair

so I think that's where the question comes into play on the first page

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah I'm sure they lose money....even the union where I work laughs at these ppl when they complain about vacation and sick time because for the most part it's completely fair

That makes sense. People seem to always want more. I see many people I know who go into debt to have Cable TV and brand new iPhones with unlimited data plans as if they're necessities. Even while living off their parents already, they still won't cut unneeded expenses. I wasn't raised that way.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That makes sense. People seem to always want more. I see many people I know who go into debt to have Cable TV and brand new iPhones with unlimited data plans as if they're necessities. Even while living off their parents already, they still won't cut unneeded expenses. I wasn't raised that way.
yeah me either, one thing I won't understand is people who live above their means....you really need a benz when you can't pay your credit card off and ruin you credit just so you can look cool?

I know a 20 something year old girl who told her parents that Christmas was ruined because they wouldn't buy her a $140 Hermes plate...a plate, the girl is so spoiled shes never cooked a day in her life

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn... wish I hadn't come in here. Thought this was going to be a lighthearted thread with a little humor in it, boy was I wrong... You all enjoy!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn... wish I hadn't come in here. Thought this was going to be a lighthearted thread with a little humor in it, boy was I wrong... You all enjoy!
haha it's all light hearted....calling someone a name is just funny, even though it's true....I may not like the way someone lives and they might not how I live....it's the ppl that let it affect there own lives is when it becomes a problem

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
There are snowflakes and then there are people who are snowflakes about people being snowflakes. It's really just a blizzard. Haha.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's anything but lighthearted. It's dehumanizing people by calling them a name. It's easier to dismiss anything someone says when they are a "snowflake" instead of an American citizen or fellow human.

It's also meant to deride people for having a different political or moral viewpoint than you.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's anything but lighthearted. It's dehumanizing people by calling them a name. It's easier to dismiss anything someone says when they are a "snowflake" instead of an American citizen or fellow human.

It's also meant to deride people for having a different political or moral viewpoint than you.
ahahahaha....good one

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established

My union gets us 5 weeks Vaca after 25 years. I'll hit 20 in 2019 and get my 4th week added.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I negotiated 4 weeks right off the bat. I did not want to wait 10 or 20 years. I enjoy my time off too much. I'm in sales though, so we do usually work even on our personal time. It all evens out.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My union gets us 5 weeks Vaca after 25 years. I'll hit 20 in 2019 and get my 4th week added.
I think we get 6 weeks after 15 years...but our sick time is always 3 weeks a year...that doesnt increase like vacation does

I always hit use or lose and carry over the max but a lot of ppl dont even have 40 hours of vacation or sick

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I think we get 6 weeks after 15 years...but our sick time is always 3 weeks a year...that doesnt increase like vacation does

I always hit use or lose and carry over the max but a lot of ppl dont even have 40 hours of vacation or sick
We get 4 days personal time, and 4 sick "freebie" days we can call out for any reason and no penalty. If you don't use those days during the year, they give us a weeks pay. I took their free money the first year and have had to burn those days ever since because they wouldn't approve a vacation day when I needed to be out. Plus all paid holidays, and a floating holiday. Our carryover has to be used by March 31, and I usually carry 5 days over.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We get 4 days personal time, and 4 sick "freebie" days we can call out for any reason and no penalty. If you don't use those days during the year, they give us a weeks pay. I took their free money the first year and have had to burn those days ever since because they wouldn't approve a vacation day when I needed to be out. Plus all paid holidays, and a floating holiday. Our carryover has to be used by March 31, and I usually carry 5 days over.
i wish we could get paid back, that's one thing that we dont' have that I wish we did....right now I have 14.5 weeks of sick time built up because you can have unlimited......my ex gf used to have to stay late once in awhile or go to late night meetings and then would sell back a week at the end of the year....it paid for most of her Christmas presents each year

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It’s funny how the term snowflake is always used by the people with the lowest mental capacity. Half of those questions are absolutely pointless lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s funny how the term snowflake is always used by the people with the lowest mental capacity. Half of those questions are absolutely pointless lol
questions are pointless...explain how ppl who use a term have low mental capacity haha

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
questions are pointless...explain how ppl who use a term have low mental capacity haha
The only people I’ve ever heard call someone snowflake are close minded, ignorant “tough guys”. The same kind of person who tries to fight you for having a different opinion on something.

I’d post a screenshot, but the first time I saw it was on Facebook by a bunch of rig hands who couldn’t even write a basic sentence with horrendous grammar or spelling errors. Yet they felt the need to call someone out and berate someone for complaining that an oil rig was too loud next to their house.

Everytime after that it’s been the same type of person using the word. I’m sure not all people who use it have an extra chromosome, but it definitely gives a stereotype atleast where I’m from lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only people I’ve ever heard call someone snowflake are close minded, ignorant “tough guys”. The same kind of person who tries to fight you for having a different opinion on something.

I’d post a screenshot, but the first time I saw it was on Facebook by a bunch of rig hands who couldn’t even write a basic sentence with horrendous grammar or spelling errors. Yet they felt the need to call someone out and berate someone for complaining that an oil rig was too loud next to their house.

Everytime after that it’s been the same type of person using the word. I’m sure not all people who use it have an extra chromosome, but it definitely gives a stereotype atleast where I’m from lol
Interesting....usually i end up calling someone a snowflake when they try to fight me for not buying into their agenda

Like a local vegan restaurant that tried to embarass me when i didnt like their food at a local event....it didnt work out to well for them

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This just occurred to me while reading this thread, but just something to consider.

You all may consider snowflakes weak, but a group of snowflakes makes an avalanche and that's a very strong force...

No I am not a snowflake, or whatever the opposite would be, I guess that could be called callused. Just someone who lives life somewhere in the middle with a happy medium. I just thought that was interesting that what is being pointed out as a weakness can have great strength also...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This just occurred to me while reading this thread, but just something to consider.

You all may consider snowflakes weak, but a group of snowflakes makes an avalanche and that's a very strong force...

No I am not a snowflake, or whatever the opposite would be, I guess that could be called callused. Just someone who lives life somewhere in the middle with a happy medium. I just thought that was interesting that what is being pointed out as a weakness can have great strength also...
a snowflake isn't defined as being weak or strong really

here is the definition:

A hypersensitive, irrational person who can't stand to have their world views challenged, or be offended in any perceived or even slightest of ways; they will have any number of emotional reactions: impuning character and/or motives, blocking on social media, shouting, interrupting, threatening, assaulting, etc. They often live in an echo chamber of their own beliefs and surround themselves exclusively with people and opinions that agree with their own. This term is most often use to describe people left-leaning people, but can be applied both left and right wing people.

in my experience they usually whine a lot and can't necessarily back up their opinions with logical reasoning and tend to not like to get down and dirty in the workplace