Why do you do it?

1. Why do you do it?

Hey all, just interested in why we are all into training/health? Obviously for most its probably a combination of things but, gun to your head, what's the main reason you train more/harder and invest more time/money into food/supps than the average person?

For me it's asthetics (would love it to be a more profound reason but that's probably number one).....

2. So I can eat as much as I do and not get fat, pretty much. I used to be really skinny and looked terrifying. Those are the main reasons.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    So I can eat as much as I do and not get fat, pretty much. I used to be really skinny and looked terrifying. Those are the main reasons.
    Food is definitely a good reason bro

4. It started out as being for health reasons, but now I just like looking this way
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

5. cause ultrainstinct wont attain itself
    •   

6. Something to keep my mind busy used to be a hardcore drug addict, this seriousily helps me not want to go back that.. That and i just love the feeling of endorphins being released after a hard workout.. Thats a high in itself to be honest

7. To look good as fawk naked

8. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    To look good as fawk naked
    Haha, yes bro.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Hey all, just interested in why we are all into training/health? Obviously for most its probably a combination of things but, gun to your head, what's the main reason you train more/harder and invest more time/money into food/supps than the average person?

For me it's asthetics (would love it to be a more profound reason but that's probably number one).....
    To intimidate my daughters first boyfriend and chase him away. LOL
    Truth being told, to look different than anyone I know at my age. No saggy azz and walking stiffed legged -hunched forward. I want to be an old fugger who can carry his own coffin.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

10. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    To intimidate my daughters first boyfriend and chase him away. LOL
    Truth being told, to look different than anyone I know at my age. No saggy azz and walking stiffed legged -hunched forward. I want to be an old fugger who can carry his own coffin.
    It’s amazing the difference in appearance it can make as the years progress. I know 60 year olds who are strong, fit and loving life and I know 60 year olds who look ready for a hole in the ground. Physically can’t work anymore and tired all the time.

I’m planning to follow your example HG....

11. Weight training gives me something to look forward to in my spare time when all I have to think about is me. An escape from reality.
    Most of the supplements I use make that time even more enjoyable and productive.

Aesthetics are secondary for me. I could see it becoming primary though if I were to have my ideal body..

12. I need to be fit, it is hard but then having a good shape brings confidence and kill the doubters.It i also my kind of a stress reliever.

13. For the moment it keeps me going. Iím not a self destructive person but without it I feel I have nothing. My drive to become something better, stronger, more resilient. Thereís no stopping until a major change comes about!
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

14. depends on where I am with life

started as a way to reduce stress
    then it was about looks and looking better
    then it was mostly about health

at this point I do it because I'm used to it and without it, it just doesn't feel right.....all of the reasons I mentioned are all incorporated but the gym serves many benefits over the years and could change
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

15. It started to get strong and gain weight, then it morphed into training for sports and competitions, and now is just part of my life like eating and sleeping. I'm associated with being fit, big and strong by everyone and now that I am in my 40s, it is good for the ego. At 76, my dad is stronger and in better shape than most 20 somethings because he has NEVER stopped moving and lifts weights daily. People think he is in his 50s and it's because of training and fitness (and a little genetics...) and I want that.

16. Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger22 View Post
    cause ultrainstinct wont attain itself
    Dam. You 2 huh?
    MileHighKratom, StraightUpKratom representative Use coupon:mace15 for 15% OFF your next order either sites MileHighKratom.com

17. I train because I like getting stronger as I get older. Itís fun and gives me a chance to burn off some of lifeís frustrations by turning those things that frustrate me into energy to lift things. I like being in somewhat decent shape as well. Iím also being chased by my oldest son and canít have him lifting heavier than me
    ďI am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to beĒ

18. I never needed to. Always thin,wiry, of fast movements. Never muscular. Well into my early 40s and then it was like hitting a wall. In terms of slowing up. So took up weightlifting. I think it was the stress effects of a failed marriage. Now I have muscles for the first time in my life. Feel great. Look great according to women. Second wave at life.

So in short-because of Her. Cue the scene in Laurel & Hardy where all the Foreign Legionnaires and the Riff Arab bandits show a picture of the same woman that led them to chose their current vocation.

I should say mid 40s. I hit the wall at 46.5. I recall what it was like still.

19. In the beginning it was to attract the females. Now I just love lifting. Nice to be able to fill out your shirt in the summer too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What is PCT and why do you need it?
    By steolis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 11:13 AM
  2. How do you take it?
    By SVT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2005, 03:39 PM
  3. Muscle Dysmorphia..........do you have it?
    By FLY in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 03:01 AM
  4. Red Devil Lye ..when do you use it
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 02:08 PM