Any other bummed Coke Zero drinkers out there?

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I will admit it. I enjoyed the flavor of Coke Zero. In fact, I've never cared for Coke and though Diet Coke was gross... but Coke Zero had a distinct flavor that I liked. The Cherry and, even more so, the Vanilla versions only made it better. I've been nearly drinking them exclusively (when I drink soda) for 2-3 years now.

Well, earlier this year, Coca-Cola reformulated the drink and renamed it Coca-Cola Zero Sugar. It tastes very different. To me, it tastes like a flat Coke. Maybe it does taste more like the original Coke, but I like Coke Zero because it was different. If anything, this Coca-Cola Zero Sugar should have replaced the diet version, no?

Luckily, Pepsi released a Pepsi 0 Sugar (which I think was Pepsi Max?), that is very similar to Coke Zero, so I have just switched over to that. I also find the Coke Zero Cherry and Coke Zero Vanilla because they haven't made a Zero Sugar version for those yet.

All of my complaints have fallen on deaf ears with my friends and family because they're like " Who gives a s**? It's the same thing." No, it's not. Anyone else disappointed with the change to Coca-Cola Zero Sugar?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, this might just be all you Marty.
Sorry, not a Coke fan at all.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Great minds think alike. As the owner of a not very great mind, I can attest to this!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
^Ditto. Jack and coke though :)
Make it Maker's Mark and I agree. Haha.

Or Whistlepig and a splash of water. That's the good stuff.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Never had or heard of whistlepig haha
Whistlepig is a high quality rye whiskey. It would be sacrilege to mix it with soda. Haha. I request it for birthdays/big events because it's $80 per bottle. I only drink it when I can enjoy it. If I'm just drinking to drink, I go with Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, or Bulleit. I can get each for $20ish here.

WhistlePighome-2.jpg

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a Maker's Mark 46 fan myself.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Woah! I’m interested now!
In case you're unsure the difference between bourbons and ryes, Bourbon is made from corn mash, so it is a sweeter whiskey, similar to cornbread. Rye whiskey is made from rye mash and is therefore more bitter, like rye bread. That is how someone explained it to me and I have found that to hold up as I've tried many whiskeys of both variety. Rye is my favorite, but I also really like bourbon.

While Jack Daniel's chooses to use the term "Tennessee whiskey," it meets all of the requirements for being a bourbon and is a bourbon in everything but name.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Maker's Mark 46 fan myself.
Bought it originally because of the cool looking bottle. I also ended up really liking it.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
The universe has a way of sorting itself out. This started off about stupid Coke Zero and now we are talking about awesome things like whiskey.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great explanation. Lol surprisingly sfeed didn’t turn the convo dirty like always :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've stockpiled Cherry Coke Zero so I should be alright for a while. The best cheap bourbon I've found that is actually worth drinking is Old Grand Dad 114. If you don't mind spending the money, Garrison Brothers is great as is most of what Barrell Bourbon puts out.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I am a HUGE Coke Zero fan

And I will agree with you, the Coke Zero Sugar tastes whack. I can't put my finger on it but it tastes "flat" to me

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Thekid300 Workout Logs 64
Aleksandar37 Supplements 1
stopstalking Supplements 23
Cuffs General Chat 20
General Chat 5