Strangest bro science you have heard

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Let me kick this off.

One of the guys in the gym, told me that O+ve blood group guys have a hard time losing fat and they have to work twice as hard. Now, this guy has been competing for a couple years. I asked him where did he get this information from. Surprisingly, he said, a doctor.

I have been trying to google the Sh1t out to get some information on this and hopefully prove him wrong. So, is this true? If not, what are the strangest bro science you have heard.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let me kick this off.

One of the guys in the gym, told me that O+ve blood group guys have a hard time losing fat and they have to work twice as hard. Now, this guy has been competing for a couple years. I asked him where did he get this information from. Surprisingly, he said, a doctor.

I have been trying to google the Sh1t out to get some information on this and hopefully prove him wrong. So, is this true? If not, what are the strangest bro science you have heard.
Sh!t...I'm screwed. Lol

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I have read articals that talk about eating for ur blood type

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
But there are none that are scientifically backed or supported.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is what I landed on when I was searching for the stupid science I heard from the guy. But, that's again just stupid.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Drinking shots of liquor before the gym increases testosterone and therefore is a good muscle builder.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some of the biggest guys are sadly some of the dumbest when it comes to the application of supplements and training.

I’m not saying there aren’t tons of guys who are great bodybuilders and very knowledgeable.. I just don’t know how someone can be such a successful bodybuilder and believe or swear by some of the dumbest stuff I’ve ever heard in my life.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kind of like the opposite. Some of the smartest people I've been around when it comes to nutrition, body chemistry, supplements, hormones, etc.. look nothing like you would expect someone with all that knowledge to look. Generally not all that fit, fairly weak looking, and far from what the guys that know basically nothing look like.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kind of like the opposite. Some of the smartest people I've been around when it comes to nutrition, body chemistry, supplements, hormones, etc.. look nothing like you would expect someone with all that knowledge to look. Generally not all that fit, fairly weak looking, and far from what the guys that know basically nothing look like.
That’s what happens when someone spends all their time reading theory and doing research and no time actually applying it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that; some people just enjoy theory, science, and research more than the physical aspect of it, the training and dieting, etc. You often see similar things with philosophy, theology, sports, etc. It’s quite rare to see someone who is an expert in theory and practice.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
That’s what happens when someone spends all their time reading theory and doing research and no time actually applying it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that; some people just enjoy theory, science, and research more than the physical aspect of it, the training and dieting, etc. You often see similar things with philosophy, theology, sports, etc. It’s quite rare to see someone who is an expert in theory and practice.
Those that can do, those that can't teach.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Let me kick this off.

Eating for your blood type is total nonsense

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'll tell you my experience. My first cycle ever was 600mg test only. No AI, no PCT. I took this advise from a friend who has run gear for a long time. I lost every gain I got on that cycle. He says thats why its called borrowed muscle. But he is now on TRT, and basically never comes off cycle. I bought an AI, and PCT this time and he says, "why you doing that, that **** ain't needed". Will keep to my own schedule and AI and PCT for now on

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Creatine EE can be used as a base for a dbol cycle.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shock your muscle everyday to grow. Doesn’t matter if your growth has hit plateau or not.

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
decades ago when I was starting out, a guy in my gym told me not to do dips as the leg muscles will roll up to your chest..wtf..lol I did believe that for a few years as the guy who told me that had a decent upper body but really skinny legs..lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
decades ago when I was starting out, a guy in my gym told me not to do dips as the leg muscles will roll up to your chest..wtf..lol I did believe that for a few years as the guy who told me that had a decent upper body but really skinny legs..lol
I'm not even sure what that means

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using AnabolicMinds mobile app

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the guy was implying that the quads, hams will all get moved up to chest,shoulders and arms

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy that said that then proceeded to walk out of the gym into traffic. No way he made it that far without luck.