hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone watching "The Orville"? I'm really digging it!

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Will this be the last Star Wars film ever released?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very unlikely. They're planning to have Episode 9 to finish up the sequel trilogy, and I think also several spin-offs; I've heard mentions of a Han Solo movie and maybe a Darth Vader movie. I want to see an Old Republic based movie, but I don't know if that'll happen.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very unlikely. They're planning to have Episode 9 to finish up the sequel trilogy, and I think also several spin-offs; I've heard mentions of a Han Solo movie and maybe a Darth Vader movie. I want to see an Old Republic based movie, but I don't know if that'll happen.
Ive heard about an obi wan movie too w ewan McGregor... The story in between episode 3-4. That would be awesome because he's the right age for it.

Very likely to see a lot more movies as Disney owns the rights and Star Wars is a huge money maker

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive heard about an obi wan movie too w ewan McGregor... The story in between episode 3-4. That would be awesome because he's the right age for it
That'd be cool. Obi Wan is in Rebels a little bit with a cool fight, not to give away any spoilers. Rebels is canon, so I'm not sure if they'd include that fight or just not include that part for not wanting to repeat itself. It fits right in with the timeline between 3-4 and relates back to the prequels well IMO.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
100% gonna be more. Disney will ride this train forever as it's huge money.

Heard a lando spinoff as well as the others mentioned

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
So this is the next to last movie in the star wars saga though. Correct?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So this is the next to last movie in the star wars saga though. Correct?
Supposedly, most likely even, but who knows. I do expect them to do spinoffs and then maybe something that takes place before the 1-9 movies, like the Old Republic rather than "Episode 10." Even just spinoffs give them a ton of options: Obi Wan, Vader, Han, Lando are ones that have been mentioned, but I don't think it'd be out of the question for Yoda, Mace Windu, Darth Sideous and Darth Plageuis, Qui Gon, etc to at least play major roles in some spinoffs, even if they don't all get their own movies.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supposedly, most likely even, but who knows. I do expect them to do spinoffs and then maybe something that takes place before the 1-9 movies, like the Old Republic rather than "Episode 10." Even just spinoffs give them a ton of options: Obi Wan, Vader, Han, Lando are ones that have been mentioned, but I don't think it'd be out of the question for Yoda, Mace Windu, Darth Sideous and Darth Plageuis, Qui Gon, etc to at least play major roles in some spinoffs, even if they don't all get their own movies.
Rumor is that Snoke predates all of the original movies so there's also an opportunity through him to go back and explore that. That's the thing about the Star Wars Galaxy it's really big but they always try everything in together.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rumor is that Snoke predates all of the original movies so there's also an opportunity through him to go back and explore that. That's the thing about the Star Wars Galaxy it's really big but they always try everything in together.
I've watched some of those YouTube videos from the guy who supposedly has some secret insider giving him spoilers that seem to be pretty accurate so far, and that was one of the rumors.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've watched some of those YouTube videos from the guy who supposedly has some secret insider giving him spoilers that seem to be pretty accurate so far, and that was one of the rumors.
Yeah man... Me too

#starwarsnerd

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There's so many options with all of the books and such out there... another solo I heard that's nearly "guaranteed" is a Boba Fett story. REally fun character and lots of stories around his life and adventures. Also plenty of links with "main" characters throughout.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's so many options with all of the books and such out there... another solo I heard that's nearly "guaranteed" is a Boba Fett story. REally fun character and lots of stories around his life and adventures. Also plenty of links with "main" characters throughout.
What about a jar jar binks standalone ?
???

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What about a jar jar binks standalone ��
������
^ways to start a mass suicide

^North Korea's true nuclear weapon

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've heard that they're not going to actually "use" any of those stories/books in their entirety, as they are now "Legends" (formerly EU), and, perhaps more importantly, they don't want to have to pay huge royalties to the authors and whatnot. It does seem like a lot of people think they'll pull, perhaps heavily, from some of the legends material though.

Have you guys watched the Clone Wars and Rebels animated series?

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've heard that they're not going to actually "use" any of those stories/books in their entirety, as they are now "Legends" (formerly EU), and, perhaps more importantly, they don't want to have to pay huge royalties to the authors and whatnot. It does seem like a lot of people think they'll pull, perhaps heavily, from some of the legends material though.

I've seen some of it. I think you alluded to the Obi Wan Darth Maul battle in the series right? I saw that

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen some of it. I think you alluded to the Obi Wan Darth Maul battle in the series right? I saw that
Yeah. Death Maul had the potential to be an awesome character in the prequels, but was "killed off" too early (same with Qui Gon IMO). Clone Wars also has some stuff involving Maul and Sidious too.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

yeah i doubt they would ever jsut flat out use one, but theres so many and so many variations of similar stories that I'm sure they could piece a few together and call it "unique"... for that matter, who the hell could challenge Disney in a legal battle haha??

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i doubt they would ever jsut flat out use one, but theres so many and so many variations of similar stories that I'm sure they could piece a few together and call it "unique"... for that matter, who the hell could challenge Disney in a legal battle haha??
Haha, Disney does have a pretty crazy legal team. On an unrelated note, I hope that Battlefront 2 is good. The old BF2 for PS2 was amazing. Hell, just a complete re-skin for new consoles and new characters/maps with the same gameplay and modes as BF2 would be solid IMO.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha, Disney does have a pretty crazy legal team. On an unrelated note, I hope that Battlefront 2 is good. The old BF2 for PS2 was amazing. Hell, just a complete re-skin for new consoles and new characters/maps with the same gameplay and modes as BF2 would be solid IMO.
The new one is supposed to have a story mode for single player which is what I'm looking forward to.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
No they have one more (Episode 9)

BUT they are doing countless spinoffs

The Han Solo SOLO movie comes out next year

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The thing that bugs me about the new films the most is that none of the characters make good action figures. As much as you may hate the prequels George knew how to make a film for the toy market. Darth maul. General grievous. Sidius. Quigon. The wookie warriors. Hell even the gungans made great figures but apart from possibly Kylo none of the new stuff looks that cool as a toy.