Why do non workout people manage Planet Fitness?

  1. Why do non workout people manage Planet Fitness?


    Its amazing to me when I stop at my local Planet Fitness to go tanning (Only reason I keep my membership cause its free tanning at this local place) that the people managing the place do not workout or have interest in working out. Its as if they hire people just to work behind the counter with no knowledge or passion for fitness or looking like they are in shape.

    Everytime I go in there lately I just get a real creepy feeling from the people working there. I can't tan and get out of there fast enough.


  2. The one I go to only has 2 people who arent atleast 100 lbs overweight
    •   
       


  3. All that free pizza and purple everything got them looking like Barney
    -Chaos and Pain Rep -
    www.chaosandpain.com

  4. Because if it looks like u lift and work there u might intimadate or judge someone.

  5. I'm at a planet fitness right now and there's more people eating bagels then working out, they wiped out everything in 10 min. If I ever become homeless, for 10$ a month I can exercise shower and eat pizza bables and coffee all month, il survive.

    This is why I prefer to work out at home
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I'm at a planet fitness right now and there's more people eating bagels then working out, they wiped out everything in 10 min. If I ever become homeless, for 10$ a month I can exercise shower and eat pizza bables and coffee all month, il survive.

    This is why I prefer to work out at home
    Just got back from planet bagel and pizza, my PF is getting weak on the bagels, they use to have several flavors of cream cheese and peanut butter but only offer regular cream cheese and no more PB.

  7. they run them like a business, not a gym. How many times do you see CEO's in great shape ha? Usually fat, balding, old men with 4 divorces and an over inflated ego.

    Every once in awhile you will see 1-2 reasonable trainers (the one next to my hotel here in WI has 3 actually), but even then, they don't do much "real" training... its always something silly like med ball slams and weightless step ups. God forbid they hand them a dumbbell or dare I say squat (in the smith no less)...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    they run them like a business, not a gym. How many times do you see CEO's in great shape ha? Usually fat, balding, old men with 4 divorces and an over inflated ego.

    Every once in awhile you will see 1-2 reasonable trainers (the one next to my hotel here in WI has 3 actually), but even then, they don't do much "real" training... its always something silly like med ball slams and weightless step ups. God forbid they hand them a dumbbell or dare I say squat (in the smith no less)...
    Listen I don't give a **** if they had a fat guy working there behind the scenes managing the place. But you should have fit people working the front desk where you check in. Also you should have people there that actually have an INTEREST in fitness. They hire people who have the body language of just being there cause its a job. They don't have a passion for working out. Employees should be required to workout if they are going to represent a fitness company. Not sit there on their phones with no knowledge of the fitness industry. Its a very bad image to have if you are representing a business.

  9. How does this affect your day to day living?

    The people that work in the establishment fit the PF narrative. They're the epitome of what their motto is.

    Find a gym you enjoy and move on. It's ridiculous to keep seeing these threads pop up. PF is targeted towards a specific demo graph, you don't fit it so don't let it bother you.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

  10. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    How does this affect your day to day living?

    The people that work in the establishment fit the PF narrative. They're the epitome of what their motto is.

    Find a gym you enjoy and move on. It's ridiculous to keep seeing these threads pop up. PF is targeted towards a specific demo graph, you don't fit it so don't let it bother you.
    Your correct, they look like 75% of the the members that go there so outta shape ppl feel more comfortable

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    Your correct, they look like 75% of the the members that go there so outta shape ppl feel more comfortable
    I go there to tan and I kept my membership because I do traveling for work once in a while and they have lots of locations around the country. But most gyms will provide a daily fee or weekly rate for out of town travelers so its more so the tanning I keep my membership for now. I do not workout at Planet Fitness anymore if I am at home. I now belong to Lifetime.

  12. I keep them for a cheap convenience, also working out in my basement is extremely cold in the winter so it's a luxury on any day under 45

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I keep them for a cheap convenience, also working out in my basement is extremely cold in the winter so it's a luxury on any day under 45
    I don't remember rocky bitching about training in russia... hahaha I think I would prefer the basement over a place where I can't make a sound while lifting. My dead lifts get kinda noisy
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM
  2. Why do you workout/compete?
    By njphysique in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
  3. Why do you workout/take supplements?
    By LG Sciences in forum Supplements
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 09:31 PM
  4. Why do we workout thread?
    By TheUnlikelyToad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 06:53 PM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 12:39 AM
Log in
Log in