Why do non workout people manage Planet Fitness?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Its amazing to me when I stop at my local Planet Fitness to go tanning (Only reason I keep my membership cause its free tanning at this local place) that the people managing the place do not workout or have interest in working out. Its as if they hire people just to work behind the counter with no knowledge or passion for fitness or looking like they are in shape.

Everytime I go in there lately I just get a real creepy feeling from the people working there. I can't tan and get out of there fast enough.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The one I go to only has 2 people who arent atleast 100 lbs overweight

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All that free pizza and purple everything got them looking like Barney

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Because if it looks like u lift and work there u might intimadate or judge someone.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm at a planet fitness right now and there's more people eating bagels then working out, they wiped out everything in 10 min. If I ever become homeless, for 10$ a month I can exercise shower and eat pizza bables and coffee all month, il survive.

This is why I prefer to work out at home

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm at a planet fitness right now and there's more people eating bagels then working out, they wiped out everything in 10 min. If I ever become homeless, for 10$ a month I can exercise shower and eat pizza bables and coffee all month, il survive.

This is why I prefer to work out at home
Just got back from planet bagel and pizza, my PF is getting weak on the bagels, they use to have several flavors of cream cheese and peanut butter but only offer regular cream cheese and no more PB.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
they run them like a business, not a gym. How many times do you see CEO's in great shape ha? Usually fat, balding, old men with 4 divorces and an over inflated ego.

Every once in awhile you will see 1-2 reasonable trainers (the one next to my hotel here in WI has 3 actually), but even then, they don't do much "real" training... its always something silly like med ball slams and weightless step ups. God forbid they hand them a dumbbell or dare I say squat (in the smith no less)...

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
they run them like a business, not a gym. How many times do you see CEO's in great shape ha? Usually fat, balding, old men with 4 divorces and an over inflated ego.

Every once in awhile you will see 1-2 reasonable trainers (the one next to my hotel here in WI has 3 actually), but even then, they don't do much "real" training... its always something silly like med ball slams and weightless step ups. God forbid they hand them a dumbbell or dare I say squat (in the smith no less)...
Listen I don't give a **** if they had a fat guy working there behind the scenes managing the place. But you should have fit people working the front desk where you check in. Also you should have people there that actually have an INTEREST in fitness. They hire people who have the body language of just being there cause its a job. They don't have a passion for working out. Employees should be required to workout if they are going to represent a fitness company. Not sit there on their phones with no knowledge of the fitness industry. Its a very bad image to have if you are representing a business.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does this affect your day to day living?

The people that work in the establishment fit the PF narrative. They're the epitome of what their motto is.

Find a gym you enjoy and move on. It's ridiculous to keep seeing these threads pop up. PF is targeted towards a specific demo graph, you don't fit it so don't let it bother you.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How does this affect your day to day living?

The people that work in the establishment fit the PF narrative. They're the epitome of what their motto is.

Find a gym you enjoy and move on. It's ridiculous to keep seeing these threads pop up. PF is targeted towards a specific demo graph, you don't fit it so don't let it bother you.
Your correct, they look like 75% of the the members that go there so outta shape ppl feel more comfortable

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
Your correct, they look like 75% of the the members that go there so outta shape ppl feel more comfortable
I go there to tan and I kept my membership because I do traveling for work once in a while and they have lots of locations around the country. But most gyms will provide a daily fee or weekly rate for out of town travelers so its more so the tanning I keep my membership for now. I do not workout at Planet Fitness anymore if I am at home. I now belong to Lifetime.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I keep them for a cheap convenience, also working out in my basement is extremely cold in the winter so it's a luxury on any day under 45

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I keep them for a cheap convenience, also working out in my basement is extremely cold in the winter so it's a luxury on any day under 45
I don't remember rocky bitching about training in russia... hahaha I think I would prefer the basement over a place where I can't make a sound while lifting. My dead lifts get kinda noisy