Crypto currency

Page 32 of 34 First ... 3031323334 Last

1. Looks like another factor is that the Grand Imam just declared yesterday that Bitcoin is Halal, meaning in accordance with Islamic scripture. Generally Islam frowns upon speculation r in non-backed assets, and several months ago 2 clergy were fired over dealings in Bitcoin. I don't know the reasoning behind the about-face, but the result is that a group of some 1.8 billion worldwide, some from some pretty wealthy countries, are getting into the crypto game.

Also, 2 days ago VenRock (the Rockefellers' venture capital firm) announced that they were going to begin investing in blockchain tech and the companies working on it. Billionaire George Soros also hinted recently that he might be "getting into" cryptocurrency trading. Now obviously with what a statement like this can do to the markets, it's probably a good bet that he was neck deep in positions already before saying so. With big money like the Rockefellers and Soros in the pool the water is sure to heat up.

There's actually a conspiracy theory going around that when the big players saw the potential of BTC and other coins in December, they manipulated the market so that it would crash and they could get in on the cheap, slowly enough that prices wouldn't rise until their positions were consolidated and the announcements were made. Given the anonymity of crypto we'll never know if this is the case, but it's not as far-fetched as saying we never landed on the moon etc.

2. Anyone that thinks there isn't manipulation should really pay closer attention.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Anyone that thinks there isn't manipulation should really pay closer attention.
    Most things have some form of manipulation - I accept I’m far to small a fish to be in the top levels, my aim is to be the first of the masses

4. I'm sure you all have heard of Spoofy by now. If not, read up. He (or they) are just one of many many investors running this market.

Don't know if anyone saw the chart from yesterday but people shorting BTC yesterday got slaughtered. This has been floating all over reddit. On the BTC sub, people are reporting losses of amounts that would make me downright cry. Lol, hopefully they followed the #1 rule.

5. The manipulation is brutal! Even on a per-coin level I've watched 3 pump & dumps in the three days I've been watching the markets closely. I lost 5% of my funds trying to catch the wave on one, only to find that it was about to hit the downslope. Rookie mistake I won't repeat!
    •   

6. I have 4 Discord channels that I get notices for everyday for pump and dumps. I just can't bring myself to do one because I know people are getting ****ed.

7. I don’t have enough time to play the pump and dumps lol

I need to get back into my normal Crypto Discord though, it helped me stay on top of the news a lot better. I deleted the email I used though so will have to restart.

8. Well looky here, I am in the green again on part of my portfolio. I just need things to stay down until May 15 as I have a nice bonus coming in.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Well looky here, I am in the green again on part of my portfolio. I just need things to stay down until May 15 as I have a nice bonus coming in.
    Isnt Mt. Gox trustee just going to dump another load of bitcoin and crash the system again?
    This message was paid for by the Russians

10. We have until at least September. I’m not sure how the legal system works in Japan, but I read they are trying to find a way to minimize the sell off as well.

11. Don't look now, but our beloved (at least those I convinced to buy into, lol) GNT is on a tear. It's been added to 3 major exchanges and mentioned by Coinbase as a "great project" and the CEO loves it. Testnet and Mainnet are live and so far, working as designed. It's early in the year and already at .00009 sats.

Keep an eye on this to accumulate more while it's still "cheap".

12. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Don't look now, but our beloved (at least those I convinced to buy into, lol) GNT is on a tear. It's been added to 3 major exchanges and mentioned by Coinbase as a "great project" and the CEO loves it. Testnet and Mainnet are live and so far, working as designed. It's early in the year and already at .00009 sats.

Keep an eye on this to accumulate more while it's still "cheap".

What was it you said about shilling your preferred coin? oh right:

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Bro, you obviously have a lot invested in XRP. That is a whole lot of shilling in one post. Lol

Gotta be careful with that because it starts to make all further posts seem like there is an agenda.

13. I know you are patting yourself on the back because you think you have a zinger, but this is a coin we've discussed, among others, before you joined the thread. Awareness of a project is different than continual shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price. I'm sorry that my post has been eating at you this whole time though.

And the fact that I joked about "buying into" isn't lost on me.

Also, if so inclined, go into the post history and you'll find that I had sold my GNT so this is no benefit to me personally.

14. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price.
    a person would have to be pretty naive to think that posting a once or twice in a single thread, in a forum called "anobolicminds" would have an impact of any nature on the price of digital asset within a $400 billion market.

15. I remember that guy "shilling" the Ripple, I really dont see what the big deal is, he just sounded excited about holding it and came on a roid forum to vent his rage.

16. Lol, let's move on. This will go no where.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I know you are patting yourself on the back because you think you have a zinger, but this is a coin we've discussed, among others, before you joined the thread. Awareness of a project is different than continual shilling of a project in each post with admitted desire to influence the movement of the price. I'm sorry that my post has been eating at you this whole time though.

And the fact that I joked about "buying into" isn't lost on me.

Also, if so inclined, go into the post history and you'll find that I had sold my GNT so this is no benefit to me personally.
    Funnily enough I was only thinking about how I brought a few thousand gnt after hearing about it from you and then remembering being too lazy to ship them (so I still have them all)....

18. My bytecoin is doing very well today.....waiting on a hard fork and hopefully getting on binance. They have been actively doing things to pickup this coin. Only thing that sucks is that often if your google bytecoin it wants to correct it to bitcoin, they gotta do something about that.

19. Yeah, almost everything is looking good right now. I actually enjoy looking at my portfolio again.

20. Hopefully SONM will take off once they get their conferences going since they updated their white paper.

TRON almost cracked 0.10 yesterday was but itís down now.

I sold the GNT I had. Looking at SALT white paper and may sell that off as well
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

21. SALT f'd themselves IMO and I also sold it off. They bombed any marketing opportunities, delayed in hiring the CFO, and rolled out the product too soon, keeping loans stuck in queue and damaging their reputation. Plus, arbitrage doesn't work when the whole market is down. Maybe it will pick up. Too may other great projects to keep my money there, though.

TRON is one I expect to climb over the next couple weeks and then hit near ATH before mainnet on the 31st, then sell off. I am considering buying a chunk to ride the wave up.

22. My plan too, got some TRX lined up. It's getting listed on CoinTiger tomorrow so don't wait too long!

23. Going to buy some ormius coin soon
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

24. Now let's hope we get that same momentum from the end of last year from this point. Lol I saw Coinbase doubled up their engineering staff for this year, hopefully they'll start adding some new stuff to be traded? Lots of big money will probably start rolling in again from financial firms from what I have seen.

25. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Now let's hope we get that same momentum from the end of last year from this point. Lol I saw Coinbase doubled up their engineering staff for this year, hopefully they'll start adding some new stuff to be traded? Lots of big money will probably start rolling in again from financial firms from what I have seen.
    I get my bitcoin at Abra now, they have a bunch of "virtual" crypto but you can buy and withdraw Bitcoin and they have been completing my orders in 2-3 days vs. 7 days every time on Coinbase. And most importantly your not being charged an arm and leg for fees for the purchases which is really nice when your buying small amounts.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM