Crypto currency

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by JulzRulz View Post
    I've opened an a/c with Coinbase but can't get my CC registered even though my country of residence is supported.

Emailed them & all I received was an auto-reply that their CS is super busy etc...

Anyone has a tried and trusted to recommend other than Coinbase ?
    I use coin base but you can only buy eth, ltc or obviously bitcoin.....

2. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Whats the logic? Presumably itll recover over the next day or so? Why bitcoin cast instead of litecoin or eth?

I brought a few golem last night btw, looked into and like the concept.
    The logic is that there is no actual value in Bitcoin, it is simply a price that is driven up due to the built in scaling complexity in creating further blocks and the number of people buying. As soon as the fork was called off, which was supposed to be designed to speed up the transactions and keep costs down, people get scared because they don't know the direction Bitcoin will go, so they sell. Now that there is a sell off, the price is dropping. All the "experts" believe it was inflated anyway and the real price should be around 5500-5800. There was a huge buy because everyone thought (including me, lol) that we would be doubling our coins after the fork.

$1329 drop in price in 3 days. Haha, we must all be insane to be playing in here.
    •   

3. There is also a Bitcoin Cash fork Monday which may be fueling the pump into it right now.
  4. Crypto currency

Bitcoin has captured such a small amount of the market and so much room to grow. 200 billion market cap is still real small compared to so many investments. Apple alone is worth more, so it's still new and up coming.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

5. Thinking I’m going to put 2/3 of my bitcoin into bitcoin cash while it’s still rising and before bitcoin drops to below when I bought in.

What wallet do you use for bitcoin cash @kisaj?
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Thinking I’m going to put 2/3 of my bitcoin into bitcoin cash while it’s still rising and before bitcoin drops to below when I bought in.

What wallet do you use for bitcoin cash @kisaj?
    I threw a little at Bitcoin Cash yesterday using brittrex......

7. Do what u think you should do, I know what I did and in 5 years I will have over 5 million dollars worth of bitcoin . If your just letting it sit let it grow 1% in interest like I am . If you just want to spend it like normal money get a ten x card.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    I threw a little at Bitcoin Cash yesterday using brittrex......
    I just don't want to hold it on an exchange for too long, but may end up dumping it for a little profit and putting it back into Litecoin and Ethereum until the chaos settles down between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I will be okay if I end up losing it all, but I'd rather not! Lol

9. I don't carry BCH, but Kraken is one that is highly recommended.

For now, I am day trading LTC. I'm riding the $12-20 fluctuations with a goal of $250-500 daily.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I don't carry BCH, but Kraken is one that is highly recommended.

For now, I am day trading LTC. I'm riding the $12-20 fluctuations with a goal of $250-500 daily.
    Do you do that through Exodus or an exchange? I just can't see the current USD price on Exodus which I don't really like.

11. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I just don't want to hold it on an exchange for too long, but may end up dumping it for a little profit and putting it back into Litecoin and Ethereum until the chaos settles down between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I will be okay if I end up losing it all, but I'd rather not! Lol
    I also have some etherum and litecoin sitting. Golem as a long term thing, tbh I’ll probably just wait till next week and put some of the Bitcoin Cash into etherum and the rest into golem and forget about the lot for a few years.....

12. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    Do you do that through Exodus or an exchange? I just can't see the current USD price on Exodus which I don't really like.
    I keep Coinbase and Exodus open at the same time so I can see the price per coin and make sure it matches my wallet. There is a slight lag to your Exodus wallet.

Right now BCH makes me nervous and I can't ride the wave of emotion with FOMO because it was sitting at $661 less than 2 days ago and now is fluctuating in the $1300s. I can see it dropping just as fast. Or, it could rise, who knows. But I am sitting on the side lines for now. If it drops into the $800s, I'll pick some up.

13. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I keep Coinbase and Exodus open at the same time so I can see the price per coin and make sure it matches my wallet. There is a slight lag to your Exodus wallet.

Right now BCH makes me nervous and I can't ride the wave of emotion with FOMO because it was sitting at $661 less than 2 days ago and now is fluctuating in the $1300s. I can see it dropping just as fast. Or, it could rise, who knows. But I am sitting on the side lines for now. If it drops into the $800s, I'll pick some up.
    That makes sense, also Exodus does have Bitcoin Cash, I just didn't have it selected. I am now waiting for confirmation on my Bitcoin transaction to Bittrex which was unnecessary now that I know Exodus does support it. Lol

Maybe it is good to give me more time to think about actually putting money into BCH.

As far as day trading LTC in Exodus, what do you exchange to when you sell high as you can't convert to USD?

14. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post

As far as day trading LTC in Exodus, what do you exchange to when you sell high?
    My bank account! I go the opposite way.

I hold everything in Exodus and when I plan to make a sell, I move it over to Coinbase and when the price is to my liking, I just sell all of it and it transfers to my bank account, usually in a day or two.

As far as BCH, I am hearing about some issues with invalidated orders and exchanges happening from some guys I know that play with big money. There is a warning on the Kraken site about vulnerabilities for the next few weeks with BCH and state that you need to keep this in mind when trading. That adds to my apprehension about plunking money down right now.

15. Well, what the **** is going on. $2500 a piece???

16. BCH transactions are being reported as "stuck" today. I know I would be pissed if I was trying to unload as value slips and couldn't. My buddy just texted me and he lost $8k in the span of 20 minutes.

I'm sticking with my original statement, I think that even in the world of crypto, it is too volatile. There is no way to support it and I'm betting after this weekend and part of this week it will go <$1k.

17. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    BCH transactions are being reported as "stuck" today. I know I would be pissed if I was trying to unload as value slips and couldn't. My buddy just texted me and he lost $8k in the span of 20 minutes.

I'm sticking with my original statement, I think that even in the world of crypto, it is too volatile. There is no way to support it and I'm betting after this weekend and part of this week it will go <$1k.
    BCH will be less than $1k?

I'm having trouble understanding the attack on BTC right now, what is going on exactly? I'm not sure if it is a good idea to hold any BTC now, or if it should all be in ETH or LTC?

I also saw that segwit2x is still happening now? I am lost. Lol

18. The attack is basically surrounding the fact that the BTC transaction fees are increasing and the block sizes won't be able to support the continued increase in users. So, there needs to be an improvement and the fork was designed to address this, but it didn't get enough support. So, while there is question on what happens next, people fled to go to the next thing and BCH was the recipient. Most thought it would be the other alt coins (because BCH really is considered an alt coin and not well supported) but it didn't turn out that way.

My opinion is that if you already hold BTC and got it at a good price, which based on fluctuations would be anything below $5k ea, then hold on to it. But, I would not be buying any right now because there are so many issues- currently I just saw over 200k transactions stuck in pending because the platform cannot keep up with all the activity. There always stands a chance you could be out your money. So a lot of exchanges are not allowing BTC transactions now or at minimum putting up warnings that there could be 8+ hour delays in purchased verification. Personally, if I put down thousands of dollars, I want to be damn sure that is secure and I want to know now- not tomorrow.

Like I've said, I am playing in alt coins, specifically LTC. It is stable and has minor fluctuations, but put down a nice little chunk of money and you can ride those swings for a $250-500 daily payout.

19. I switched the majority of my BTC over to ETH yesterday, I’m waiting for LTC to drop to do it with the couple hundred I have left in BTC. I’ve been using GDAX and it’s been instant sells with the BTC on there.

20. I bought in at 5700 per BTC, and it’s looking like it’s going to stay above that for now, but who knows what it will do.

I would like to day trade with LTC I just don’t think even if I put all my digital assets into LTC it would be worthwhile for the small amount I have in there and I’ve reslly only seen it bounce between 58-62 lately. I haven’t monitored it too closely though.

Also, side note @kisaj, how safe is using the Coinbase app on my phone? I assume there is no problem as long as I am not on public wifi? I don't think I would feel comfortable even using my universities private wifi.

21. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I’ve been using GDAX and it’s been instant sells with the BTC on there.
    Then you lucked out. It's not the exchange, it's the platform. I haven't checked, but I would imagine GDAX has some sort of warning on there for BTC. If they don't, that wouldn't be good.

22. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Then you lucked out. It's not the exchange, it's the platform. I haven't checked, but I would imagine GDAX has some sort of warning on there for BTC. If they don't, that wouldn't be good.
    Yeah, I'm a little worried to try it now that there is so much pending, even though it literally is only like $200 left that I forgot in a different wallet. It only took about 30 minutes last night to send the .04 BTC from Bittrex to GDAX. I may put a stop limit sell for if it drops to $6k just to prevent any losses.

23. So bitcoin is on the surge again??

24. You could say that. As is LTC, breaking new 3 month barriers. Now that people have shook off the fork, they are coming back to BTC and it's all over the news so more people are buying in. It wouldn't surprise me to see $9k next week.

Plus, they've cleared the backlog of transactions. I bought 1 coin at $7600 and got it cleared in 10 min. It's the highside now, so I will hold onto this one for the long ride.

25. Same, I bought back in at $7,400.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 12:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM