This biatch Irma

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
Fingers and toes crossed, praying, prepping, hoping...please folks, we in Florida, Georgia, Carolinas...damn the whole south and Texas, need your prayers. I went through Andrew and I suspect this will be much worse...

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stay safe!! We are down at Disney, head home early Saturday morning.

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
Hope you get out ok...sucks, the path has shifted and now my area might see the NE quadrant of the eye...really not good...hopefully it will be down to at least a CAT 1 like they are predicting...we will see.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Same here, Central West Florida here near Tampa / St. Pete in Bradenton. The eye of the storm is going to go right over us from the latest track prediction. Hopefully it will die down to a CAT 1 by then...

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I hope that whore stops sucking and blowing.....

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
Latest I saw was CAT 4 in Tampa, really depressed and bummed me out, especially after we have heard for several days that it will be a 1 or 2 in Tampa on up. I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow to see that the biatch moved even more west...like way out into the gulf and away...wishful thinking I know.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So we left the area left my dog with some friends... The dog got out, got lost was seen in the worse neighborhood across the tracks. The guy watching her, the dog catcher and a family member all spotted her at different times she took off and wouldn't let them get near her. Luckily the next morning one of the guys who was watching her came out at 5am and she was laying in the street. So I got my dog back lol

This Beach Irma, got me 1000 miles from home. And I got 3 packages in the mail delayed lol.

At least my house is boarded up and my fam is safe... Make the most of it, at the hotel gym now getting it in. Prayers for FL and loved ones

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got hammered here. 110mph blowing straight into the front of my house. My cul de sac is a lake and we have no power...sitting in the dark with the family. It's over now for us. Relieved.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got hammered here. 110mph blowing straight into the front of my house. My cul de sac is a lake and we have no power...sitting in the dark with the family. It's over now for us. Relieved.
Glad you're safe. Where are you?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fort Myers.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fort Myers.
Is the storm entirely over for you, or just the worst of it? I'm in Palm Beach County (just about 100 miles due East of Fort Meyers), and they say there can still be hurricane force gusts until midnight, and tropical force winds until 5 AM here.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man just dodged it. Saw the track on Mon-Wed indicating Miami gets a direct hit. AA sent out a text indicating one can change flights at no charge to return to Miami. Do so and return from overseas late Thursday. Go to HD at 5am Friday and they are sold out of plywood by 6am.(there was a line for plywood only and I was still in it at 6am) Bought pt shadow box and armored up the rear SGD. They were out of Tapcons. Then see at 2pm the track shows west to hit Naples, confirmed at 5pm. Breathe easy as going from 140mph to 100mph then to 70mph is a make or break difference. Loads of rain and impressive wind even at 70mph. 21369578_10213906435752310_5858666020564838260_n.jpg

Did not have to resort to this as I remembered Hurricane Andrew:
DSCN3303.JPG

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is the storm entirely over for you, or just the worst of it? I'm in Palm Beach County (just about 100 miles due East of Fort Meyers), and they say there can still be hurricane force gusts until midnight, and tropical force winds until 5 AM here.
Yes. The eye wall went directly over us. Then all went calm and we went out and took pictures. :D

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bradenton/ Sarasota. Safe but no power as of 8:17p last night. Had some interesting experiences last night having to take the dog out. Lol.

Insane. Behind us is a lake where before was all field.

IMG_3752.jpg

IMG_3773.jpg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It already has gators and snakes. :) Oh, and cows. I think there are still cows... I heard at least one moo today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It already has gators and snakes. :) Oh, and cows. I think there are still cows... I heard at least one moo today.
lol...that is crazy....will the gators eat a cow?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol...that is crazy....will the gators eat a cow?
Only if the cows go near the water, and they usually don't have water near them. Now I have to go and count the cows... lol. brb.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Only if the cows go near the water, and they usually don't have water near them. Now I have to go and count the cows... lol. brb.
that really is crazy!!!

at least you still have your sense of humor-good on you!!!

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
We got hit by the "flattened out" eye-wall...pretty nasty but nothing like Andrew (that REALLY sucked)...front door wasn't sealed good by the manufacturer so battled all night/morning sopping up water with towels, but all in all, not too much in damage...but you all in SW FLA did get walloped pretty hard. Those pics seriously don't do it justice. Where I am, HUGE old oak trees are down although quite a few of them made it. Golf courses are underwater and won't be able to be played on until the water recedes. Retention ponds here nearly overflowed...power and gas still an issue...biatch.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I am in the St. Pete/Tampa area and I just got power back.

I am glad the thing shifted to the East a little because we were supposed to be in its original path

This thing was supposed to be SO MUCH WORSE and I am glad going on land slowed it down before it hit us.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I was in Florida City/Homestead for Hurricane Andrew- ground zero. There was none of that Freight Train sound the wind makes when it is making high,high mph. That gets to you. Many of us here are still walking around with that relief look on our faces. Where I live, Irma was a nuisance.