Is planet fitness a good place to get a membership?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Is planet fitness a good place to get a membership?

Hahhahah just joking. F&ck that place!
    I got banned 4 years ago for a multitude of crimesi was innocent of. Sh*t I didn't even carry around a water bottle, wear string shirts, slam weights or nothing else horrible... maybe ate more of the pizza than I should have...and those purple pre workout tootsie rolls ..

2. I know a TON of people who use the gym just for cardio.

I myself have never been. But I have a feeling THOSE types of gym will be the norm in the next decade
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition
    •   

3. Probably since as the world gets more cruel the minds and body's grow weak.

4. Quote Originally Posted by lokedog View Post
    Probably since as the world gets more cruel the minds and body's grow weak.
    No it's because those gyms focus on no frills, judegement free zones.

ALSO millennials don't want to workout anymore
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition

5. If a purple and yellow environment motivates you , then yes.
    •   

6. Don't drop the weights lol
    It kills me how its the "judgement free zone" until you drop some weights or make some noise lifting.... Then they set of the alarm to make sure they draw attention to you. I felt judged ha
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com

7. Had a g/f many years back who joined, she worked night shift so I went with her after work a few times....within the first week I got kicked out because I wore a basketball jersey

I think the rules are alittle less harsh now
    AM10 for 10% off at Mindandmuscle.com
    AM10 for 10% off at Mrsupps.com

8. My wife is member so i get to go as a guest....i only use it for cardio on rainy or cold days.....

9. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    Don't drop the weights lol
    It kills me how its the "judgement free zone" until you drop some weights or make some noise lifting.... Then they set of the alarm to make sure they draw attention to you. I felt judged ha
    It's the most judgemental place, I have my basement gym and a pf membership, I have been yelled at for putting down weights too hard, was told to take off my bandana at 5am because it's bothering customers and there was 5 ppl in the gym. If they still had free weights I'd go grunt on the bench till the alarm went off and purposely drop it on myself and Sue lol

10. They have pizza and escalators!
    Lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones View Post
    They have pizza and escalators!
    Lol
    No escalators at the one I used to go to, cheap fukz

12. Don't forget pre workout tootsirolls

13. Quote Originally Posted by skinnybones View Post
    They have pizza and escalators!
    Lol
    I can't complain, they offered a 99 dollar per year special with no annual fee.

14. Quote Originally Posted by jameschoi View Post
    I can't complain, they offered a 99 dollar per year special with no annual fee.
    I can complain all day! They got rid of free weights bench and squats and there's only 4 Smith machine so it's a battle Royal. Db only go to 75lbs. And there's 70000 cardio machines. Hate hate hate

15. Quote Originally Posted by lokedog View Post
    So id just got outta prison for the horrible crime of grow rooms..
    Anyhow i instantly hooked up with a little hottie stripper who i moved in with who helped get me on my feet - gave me money, a car n bought me a gym membership....at pee fat aka planet fitness..
    In prison everybody does add on tear offs, so one set can be giant.
    I walked up to the dumbell rack and started with 10lbs x 50 reps, 20lb x 40reps, 30lbs x 30reps, 40lbs x 20 reps, 50lbs x 10 reps, 60lbs x 5 reps , 70lbs x 2 reps then walk back down just like i came up.
    When i get back to the 10lb of course it felt like a 100lbs so it was set down with a little clinking noise.
    The dumb little chic who worked there came running up to me, "Sir! Sir!" in a panic strickened voice, "If that weight is too much for you, you should use a smaller weight!"
    I said, "Are you out of your f* ckin mind chic??? Did you see the giant set i just did? I saw you in the mirror coming over watching. "
    "Sir im letting you know that if the weight is too much you're supposed to use less weight at planet fitness. "
    Having just gotten out i was in no mood to be fcked with so i told her, "Yea? Well check this out go ahead and fck off! "

First offense. Lol

Second since its obvious ive put in a lotta time somewhere especially and probably the gym, people came up and asked me questions. "At planet fitness we have trainers and do allow members to train other members."
    Uh ok. Offense number 2..

Then there was this chic who was making it obvious she wanted the D! She was average and my gf was hot so i was a smart ass: "Hey look i have a girlfriend but if you wanna pay me, well that wouldn't be cheating; that would be work. So--"

"What?!? Im not gonna -"

"Whoa chic hold up don't flip out. I just got out and need a job so I'll work cheap.
    Look ill do it by the orgasm. I get you one O and thats a 20 dollars and a cheese burger.
    2 orgasms it's $20 cheeseburger fries and a medium coke. I get you 3 of em and we just supersize that along with the 20 and"

"HEY F**K YOU **SHOLE!!!" As she stomped off.

A week later i get the phonecall with the list of crimes: "foul language; judging people; training members; sexual harrassment; intimidating people; slamming weights.."
    I just busted out laughing, "Wow! Anything else?"

"Yes well also your membership was purchased by someone that is not you. "

"Yes that's because obviously my girlfriend bought it."
    "Well she sighed, we just can't allow you back in planet fitness because besides all that too many members have let us know that they're intimidated by you."

"Well maybe if theyre that damn weak they should just never leave their house and play it safe. But hey look- can you hear me, cause its sounds like you can't?"

"Uh huh yes i can hear you fine.:

"Ok. Well listen close f* ck planet fitness and f*ck you and f*ck all your fat *ss members and"
    Click! Ahahahahah
    I went in the same one with her a year later. We broke up but still friends. I was about done with my pre workout ab routine when the punk working there came up saying, "Can i talk to you?"
    "Sure dude talk. Say whatever in front of her."
    He said, "ok well we've been having a lot of complaints. "
    "Really like what?"
    "Well some people said they were intimidated and you were harrrassing them."

I said sympathetically, "oh really? Did they say i was training them, sexually harassing them, slamming weights and cussing and stuff too bro ?"
    He tells me "Yea all of that."

I told him, "You know what? You are completely full of s*it because nobody's been over here and I've not talked to one single person here excerpt my ex here so eat sh*t and ill leave when im ready. "
    Then comes another pee fat boy. I go back n finish my abs n say ok yea I'll go. Fck this place.
    They actually started follow me till i told em if the continued it was gonna be a very bad thing for all of them and me. Then they stopped and she and i left with a "dmn i can't take you anywhere:
    Ahahahah fck that place...peefat!
    Way to much to read...can u please post some cliff notes?

16. Next monday is pizza night and tuesday is bagels and starbucks coffee.

17. it sure does beat a hotel gym though... honestly, in a pinch, its clean, well organized, and in the smaller towns the rules are waaayyyy more lax. The one I've been using in wisconsin is basically the same as my normal LA fitness as far as actual rules go. Beaters and tanks all over, big jacked dudes and sleazy chicks doing butt exercises all day... its great haha.

Some of them however are exactly as advertised... built whiners and cry babies who dont actually want to lift weights but want to say they go.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

18. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    it sure does beat a hotel gym though... honestly, in a pinch, its clean, well organized, and in the smaller towns the rules are waaayyyy more lax. The one I've been using in wisconsin is basically the same as my normal LA fitness as far as actual rules go. Beaters and tanks all over, big jacked dudes and sleazy chicks doing butt exercises all day... its great haha.

Some of them however are exactly as advertised... built whiners and cry babies who dont actually want to lift weights but want to say they go.
    Yes. I'm in this boat too. Some are actually pretty bad ass with their equipment. One in Kentucky I think? Had ISO hammer pin loaded equipment. Had a phenomenal workout. Maybe it was Florida but it works. Plus always tons of cardio equipment to be used and tanning. I like their steppers a lot. Usually a 24/7 within 20min of wherever you're at in the US (within reason of BFE) which makes getting workouts in after 7pm on fri or sat legit
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

19. Mine closes at 7 on Friday Saturday

20. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Way to much to read...can u please post some cliff notes?
    Its a story dude. No reason to be s smart*ss read it or don't. Idgaf one way or another.

21. People fresh out like to talk lol I been there. I get it

22. If you go to pizza night around 5:30 pm you can usually get a whole pie to go. Old people walk in and get a pizza to go and never workout lol.

23. Quote Originally Posted by lokedog View Post
    Its a story dude. No reason to be s smart*ss read it or don't. Idgaf one way or another.
    Anger much?

24. Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    Anger much?
    Yea actually if i feel like im being trolled or fcked with. Which it's pretty obvious your smart ass responses purpose was just that. So if you have some kind of intention with that being your objective take it to someone else.
    I mean i could go into how well i handle being fcked with in the real world and what i would do about it but it would be a moot point.

25. I don't even lift there but at my gym I've been warned about grunts and weight banging several times... I would get destroyed by the lunk alarms lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good places to get bulk egcg and huperzine A.
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 03:55 PM
  2. Good place to get HGH??
    By ROWDYROB in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
  3. good place to get GH or Igf1
    By gimli197 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2006, 01:37 PM
  4. Replies: 5