Is planet fitness a good place to get a membership?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I know a TON of people who use the gym just for cardio.

I myself have never been. But I have a feeling THOSE types of gym will be the norm in the next decade

lokedog

Awards
Probably since as the world gets more cruel the minds and body's grow weak.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Probably since as the world gets more cruel the minds and body's grow weak.
No it's because those gyms focus on no frills, judegement free zones.

ALSO millennials don't want to workout anymore

312muscle

312muscle

Awards
If a purple and yellow environment motivates you , then yes.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't drop the weights lol
It kills me how its the "judgement free zone" until you drop some weights or make some noise lifting.... Then they set of the alarm to make sure they draw attention to you. I felt judged ha

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a g/f many years back who joined, she worked night shift so I went with her after work a few times....within the first week I got kicked out because I wore a basketball jersey

I think the rules are alittle less harsh now

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
My wife is member so i get to go as a guest....i only use it for cardio on rainy or cold days.....

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don't drop the weights lol
It kills me how its the "judgement free zone" until you drop some weights or make some noise lifting.... Then they set of the alarm to make sure they draw attention to you. I felt judged ha
It's the most judgemental place, I have my basement gym and a pf membership, I have been yelled at for putting down weights too hard, was told to take off my bandana at 5am because it's bothering customers and there was 5 ppl in the gym. If they still had free weights I'd go grunt on the bench till the alarm went off and purposely drop it on myself and Sue lol

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They have pizza and escalators!
Lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I can't complain, they offered a 99 dollar per year special with no annual fee.
I can complain all day! They got rid of free weights bench and squats and there's only 4 Smith machine so it's a battle Royal. Db only go to 75lbs. And there's 70000 cardio machines. Hate hate hate

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
So id just got outta prison for the horrible crime of grow rooms..
Anyhow i instantly hooked up with a little hottie stripper who i moved in with who helped get me on my feet - gave me money, a car n bought me a gym membership....at pee fat aka planet fitness..
In prison everybody does add on tear offs, so one set can be giant.
I walked up to the dumbell rack and started with 10lbs x 50 reps, 20lb x 40reps, 30lbs x 30reps, 40lbs x 20 reps, 50lbs x 10 reps, 60lbs x 5 reps , 70lbs x 2 reps then walk back down just like i came up.
When i get back to the 10lb of course it felt like a 100lbs so it was set down with a little clinking noise.
The dumb little chic who worked there came running up to me, "Sir! Sir!" in a panic strickened voice, "If that weight is too much for you, you should use a smaller weight!"
I said, "Are you out of your f* ckin mind chic??? Did you see the giant set i just did? I saw you in the mirror coming over watching. "
"Sir im letting you know that if the weight is too much you're supposed to use less weight at planet fitness. "
Having just gotten out i was in no mood to be fcked with so i told her, "Yea? Well check this out go ahead and fck off! "

First offense. Lol

Second since its obvious ive put in a lotta time somewhere especially and probably the gym, people came up and asked me questions. "At planet fitness we have trainers and do allow members to train other members."
Uh ok. Offense number 2..

Then there was this chic who was making it obvious she wanted the D! She was average and my gf was hot so i was a smart ass: "Hey look i have a girlfriend but if you wanna pay me, well that wouldn't be cheating; that would be work. So--"

"What?!? Im not gonna -"

"Whoa chic hold up don't flip out. I just got out and need a job so I'll work cheap.
Look ill do it by the orgasm. I get you one O and thats a 20 dollars and a cheese burger.
2 orgasms it's $20 cheeseburger fries and a medium coke. I get you 3 of em and we just supersize that along with the 20 and"

"HEY F**K YOU **SHOLE!!!" As she stomped off.

A week later i get the phonecall with the list of crimes: "foul language; judging people; training members; sexual harrassment; intimidating people; slamming weights.."
I just busted out laughing, "Wow! Anything else?"

"Yes well also your membership was purchased by someone that is not you. "

"Yes that's because obviously my girlfriend bought it."
"Well she sighed, we just can't allow you back in planet fitness because besides all that too many members have let us know that they're intimidated by you."

"Well maybe if theyre that damn weak they should just never leave their house and play it safe. But hey look- can you hear me, cause its sounds like you can't?"

"Uh huh yes i can hear you fine.:

"Ok. Well listen close f* ck planet fitness and f*ck you and f*ck all your fat *ss members and"
Click! Ahahahahah
I went in the same one with her a year later. We broke up but still friends. I was about done with my pre workout ab routine when the punk working there came up saying, "Can i talk to you?"
"Sure dude talk. Say whatever in front of her."
He said, "ok well we've been having a lot of complaints. "
"Really like what?"
"Well some people said they were intimidated and you were harrrassing them."

I said sympathetically, "oh really? Did they say i was training them, sexually harassing them, slamming weights and cussing and stuff too bro ?"
He tells me "Yea all of that."

I told him, "You know what? You are completely full of s*it because nobody's been over here and I've not talked to one single person here excerpt my ex here so eat sh*t and ill leave when im ready. "
Then comes another pee fat boy. I go back n finish my abs n say ok yea I'll go. Fck this place.
They actually started follow me till i told em if the continued it was gonna be a very bad thing for all of them and me. Then they stopped and she and i left with a "dmn i can't take you anywhere:
Ahahahah fck that place...peefat!
Way to much to read...can u please post some cliff notes?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Next monday is pizza night and tuesday is bagels and starbucks coffee.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
it sure does beat a hotel gym though... honestly, in a pinch, its clean, well organized, and in the smaller towns the rules are waaayyyy more lax. The one I've been using in wisconsin is basically the same as my normal LA fitness as far as actual rules go. Beaters and tanks all over, big jacked dudes and sleazy chicks doing butt exercises all day... its great haha.

Some of them however are exactly as advertised... built whiners and cry babies who dont actually want to lift weights but want to say they go.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it sure does beat a hotel gym though... honestly, in a pinch, its clean, well organized, and in the smaller towns the rules are waaayyyy more lax. The one I've been using in wisconsin is basically the same as my normal LA fitness as far as actual rules go. Beaters and tanks all over, big jacked dudes and sleazy chicks doing butt exercises all day... its great haha.

Some of them however are exactly as advertised... built whiners and cry babies who dont actually want to lift weights but want to say they go.
Yes. I'm in this boat too. Some are actually pretty bad ass with their equipment. One in Kentucky I think? Had ISO hammer pin loaded equipment. Had a phenomenal workout. Maybe it was Florida but it works. Plus always tons of cardio equipment to be used and tanning. I like their steppers a lot. Usually a 24/7 within 20min of wherever you're at in the US (within reason of BFE) which makes getting workouts in after 7pm on fri or sat legit

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
People fresh out like to talk lol I been there. I get it

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you go to pizza night around 5:30 pm you can usually get a whole pie to go. Old people walk in and get a pizza to go and never workout lol.

lokedog

Awards
Anger much?
Yea actually if i feel like im being trolled or fcked with. Which it's pretty obvious your smart ass responses purpose was just that. So if you have some kind of intention with that being your objective take it to someone else.
I mean i could go into how well i handle being fcked with in the real world and what i would do about it but it would be a moot point.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I don't even lift there but at my gym I've been warned about grunts and weight banging several times... I would get destroyed by the lunk alarms lol

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Yea actually if i feel like im being trolled or fcked with. Which it's pretty obvious your smart ass responses purpose was just that. So if you have some kind of intention with that being your objective take it to someone else.
I mean i could go into how well i handle being fcked with in the real world and what i would do about it but it would be a moot point.
Im just keeping it real...when i was locked up people that talked alot didnt do much...just saying

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I skimmed through, read the TL;DL story all the way through. It left me scratching my chin thoughtfully.

If it is a gym; it's clean; has all the machinery and weights you want, use it. If you work out in a place that is sensitive to banging weights either learn to control yourself, or leave. You are a guest.

I prefer the dark; dank; cold; sweaty gyms where there's nothing but almost silent grunting and no chrome. Wait, that's my bedroom.

lokedog

Awards
Im just keeping it real...when i was locked up people that talked alot didnt do much...just saying
Sorry i thought i quoted you. Here let me say it different Fck off punk. Go troll somebody else.

lokedog

Awards
I skimmed through, read the TL;DL story all the way through. It left me scratching my chin thoughtfully.

If it is a gym; it's clean; has all the machinery and weights you want, use it. If you work out in a place that is sensitive to banging weights either learn to control yourself, or leave. You are a guest.

I prefer the dark; dank; cold; sweaty gyms where there's nothing but almost silent grunting and no chrome. Wait, that's my bedroom.
No thats just it. If you look like s body builder, you're marked and they will find something regardless of what you do.
Their business model caters to middke aged fat women who seldom show up or fizzle out fast. Most locations have thousands of members with only hundreds who actually go.
People like to say they "have a gym membership" and for 10-$20 they can.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No thats just it. If you look like s body builder, you're marked and they will find something regardless of what you do.
Their business model caters to middke aged fat women who seldom show up or fizzle out fast. Most locations have thousands of members with only hundreds who actually go. People like to say they "have a gym membership" and for 10-$20 they can.
Our perception is our reality, and there is where we agree. I used to work at Bally's and it was kind of like you say, but they had the intelligence to put the free weights in the basement away from the glamor guys and gals.

Edit: I forgot to say, we policed ourselves and never complained. If anyone was overly aggressive or disrespectful, they would be asked politely to turn the volume down and not drop the weights. It was the best gym experience for me ever. A good group of people from all aspects of beginning their journey to mostly power lifters, bodybuilder, wrestlers like myself at the time, or any sports individuals. Have yet to find that since.

--

When you mix, someone is going to get their feathers ruffled. I quit my last gym because of loudmouthed weight dropping a=holes and the management didn't do squat about it. Granted it was the other side of the spectrum, but at least pick up and put your weights back, lmao. I just got fed up of going there and cleaning before my routine.

If you feel targeted, chances are you were. There are also others ways to respond, but I wasn't there and will give you some space and consideration. I assume positive intent as often as I can until I can't. I hope you find a cool gym.. It isn't going to be PF. At least that one.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never been the grunting noise making type. That sht gets on my nerves. No weights slamming or dropping... none of that routine that i feel like the vast majority of guys that do, just want people to look at them like they're elite intense or something stupid.
The only thing i did was the aforementioned about the chic that was sweating me.
If people asked me training questions, i answered them but didn't, "train " them as forbidden at pee fat.
Do a planet fitness search and youll get tons of hits with the stuff im saying.
I didn't believe it either even though i was forewarned.
When im in the gym, im not there to socialize, pick up p*ssy, or anything else but train and gtfo- which after a lifetime of training since i was 12 y/o is my favorite part of the gym- being done and leaving.
Ive heard of a few peefats being cool. Idk..i didnt believe it was so lame with dumb ass rules and targeting people till it happened to me.
Gotcha. Yeah, I look intense as f*ck when I'm working out. Talk to nobody, get it done. I'm wondering now, how they look at me. lol.
Bad rap my man.

Cheers.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I go to a mostly college students majority PF and the front desk lady said they have roughly 2K members times $10 per month and $39 annual fee is a boatload of cash per month. So roughly 320K per year gross income.

lokedog

Awards
Lol uh ok..not sure how im supposed to interpret that but I'm sure it was supposed to educate me about something.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aka institutionalized-
There's nothing cool about being a convict. Guys like this kill me. Do your time get out change your life and do the right thing... Leave your old convict mentality behind. I know a lot of guys can't live right on the outside because they can't let go of the chain gang mentality.