Icarus on Netflix

1. Icarus on Netflix

Cool documentary on Russian sports doping system. I thought it was well made and interesting. Anyone have anything to add to it? Seems pretty obvious that they were doing it. Or is it propaganda?

2. No man, I think you had the head of their program pinpointing those he reported to and that they were aware of what was going on all the way to Putin. What adds to the legitimacy is that they were filming while he was still a part of that program, having no idea at the time of all that would unfold. I thought it was an amazing documentary. I often find real life much more interesting than fiction and this is certainly one of those cases.

If anyone hasn't seen it check it out. Russian scientist for athletes helps an American cyclist run cycles while beating antidoping tests... All the while doing the same for basically the whole Russian Olympic team. And then it all comes crashing down.

Also the fact that the Olympic investigation came to the conclusion that everything that was said actually happened makes it hard to say its propaganda.
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    No man, I think you had the head of their program pinpointing those he reported to and that they were aware of what was going on all the way to Putin. What adds to the legitimacy is that they were filming while he was still a part of that program, having no idea at the time of all that would unfold. I thought it was an amazing documentary. I often find real life much more interesting than fiction and this is certainly one of those cases.

If anyone hasn't seen it check,it out. Russian scientist for athletes helps an American cyclist run cycles while beating antidoping tests... All the while doing the same for basically the whole Russian Olympic team.

Also the fact that the Olympic investigation came to the conclusion that everything that was said actually happened makes it hard to say its propaganda.
    Agree completely. I just always question all angles. I loved the Russian scientist haha, such a character!

4. Yeah, kinda the guy you just want to see win lol he was a character for sure... Loved his choice of inspirational reading during the film haha
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Generation Iron on Netflix
    By jdg76 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2015, 04:48 PM
  2. Teddy Bear on Netflix
    By AwhYeah in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 03:46 AM
  3. Confusion on types of test