People copying your style

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
I get weirded out when people copy me and annoyed. Creeps the heck out of me! How do you handle a copy cat?

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you are the copy cat, not them. :)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everyone copies some aspects like style, workout, diet etc of someone. Even you are copying someone and you know that's the fact. So, please!!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
It could be that the person looks up to you and wants to emulate you. No shortage of young people growing up without mentors. It can be wierd, but as long as the person isn't being an a-hole or trying to out "you" you, it's really just a compliment.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I realize there are much more important issues to spend my time thinking about and move on.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You pay less attention to them and focus on you

I see no reason to take offence or allow it to irritate you, just shows that people may look up to you or want to be more like you.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You pay less attention to them and focus on you

I see no reason to take offence or allow it to irritate you, just shows that people may look up to you or want to be more like you.
^^^^This. In a situation where a lot of people are trying to get in better shape, the tendency is to emulate someone who appears to have figured it out. In that aspect, there are two types; those who will freely approach someone and ask questions, and those who are more reserved and sit back and observe. Be thankful it's the latter.

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
I get weirded out when people copy me and annoyed. Creeps the heck out of me! How do you handle a copy cat?
I take it as a compliment. When people load their shoulders and back the same way i do before a bench. Or the little shimmy I do before I squat. I look like a total moron but hey these kids gotta do something to hit a new PR right?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I REALLY get weirded out when people copy me and annoyed. Creeps the heck out of me! How do you guys handle a copy cat?

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
I REALLY get weirded out when people copy me and annoyed. Creeps the heck out of me! How do you guys handle a copy cat?
Please give me a brief example on what REALLY weirded out means.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please give me a brief example on what REALLY weirded out means.
Like it bothers me so much I turn to the internet for validation... like this one time, last Monday, I noticed this new dude at the gym walk in and started bench pressing on the bench next to mine. I feel like the only reason he wanted to work chest was because I was already working chest.

Not to mention all the people who copy what I wear! I doubt everyone would think to wear baseball hats and cutoffs to the gym on their own without blatantly copying me

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like it bothers me so much I turn to the internet for validation... like this one time, last Monday, I noticed this new dude at the gym walk in and started bench pressing on the bench next to mine. I feel like the only reason he wanted to work chest was because I was already working chest.

Not to mention all the people who copy what I wear! I doubt everyone would think to wear baseball hats and cutoffs to the gym on their own without blatantly copying me
Fukc. I want to copy you to bro. You were husky, now shredded and eat pancakes and cereal. I have a picture of you on my fridge but that's not weird, right?

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
It could be that the person looks up to you and wants to emulate you. No shortage of young people growing up without mentors. It can be wierd, but as long as the person isn't being an a-hole or trying to out "you" you, it's really just a compliment.
This is the weird stuff thats happening. It been going on for over 10 years with someone at work. Plays it off like its his own and gives me horrible jealous vibes. I think his nuts! He prolly thinks about me?

I dont know how to handle it. Im just going to ignore him as much as i can, and at the same time keep the vibe neutral and proffesional / friendly as possible.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Fukc. I want to copy you to bro. You were husky, now shredded and eat pancakes and cereal. I have a picture of you on my fridge but that's not weird, right?
How do I change my username to Whey?
lmao, it humorous. I'm still uncomfortable tho, I'm trying to laugh it off lol

APC80

APC80

Awards
This is the weird stuff thats happening. It been going on for over 10 years with someone at work. Plays it off like its his own and gives me horrible jealous vibes. I think his nuts! He prolly thinks about me?

I dont know how to handle it. Im just going to ignore him as much as i can, and at the same time keep the vibe neutral and proffesional / friendly as possible.
Maybe he fancies you

Bcr50

Bcr50

Awards

If it is really something that is bothering you, talk to the guy about it.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Who the **** is so self absorbed they notice or even think someone is purposely copying their style? Jesus. I'm pretty sure you aren't that important to anyone except maybe your mom and Dad.

Fasted

Awards
  • Established

Well it's hard to know over the net, but if this is the type of dude I think it is, then playing it polite but short and distancing yourself is probably the best move. It seems as if he has his own issues to get over if he's copying you and purposely challenging you or mean mugging, etc. There was a guy at my job like that once upon a time. Not a bad guy, but way mixed up and no emotional intelligence. He kinda self destructed on his own and I felt pretty bad for him. But he would do things like talk to me about athletics and then argue that NASCAR is the most athletic sport. When I engaged and discussed these things with him it got worse and he had a bad rep throughout the workplace so I didn't want to be associated. At the same time I always leave someone with their dignity unless they give me no option. When I quietly just let him make his wierd assertions without the arguing he chilled out.

If it's as ridiculous as you are saying it is, then others can tell. No need to make a point, just play it short, cool and polite. But some people do just push things till they have to be addressed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not to come across in a disparaging way, but I would assume you are probably pretty young, OP. This is the type of thing that would concern someone that isn't fully confident or sure of themselves, like most everyone in their early 20s. As you come into your own, things others do affect you less and less to the point when you are in your 40's you simply stop giving a **** altogether. LOL

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Well it's hard to know over the net, but if this is the type of dude I think it is, then playing it polite but short and distancing yourself is probably the best move. It seems as if he has his own issues to get over if he's copying you and purposely challenging you or mean mugging, etc. There was a guy at my job like that once upon a time. Not a bad guy, but way mixed up and no emotional intelligence. He kinda self destructed on his own and I felt pretty bad for him. But he would do things like talk to me about athletics and then argue that NASCAR is the most athletic sport. When I engaged and discussed these things with him it got worse and he had a bad rep throughout the workplace so I didn't want to be associated. At the same time I always leave someone with their dignity unless they give me no option. When I quietly just let him make his wierd assertions without the arguing he chilled out.

If it's as ridiculous as you are saying it is, then others can tell. No need to make a point, just play it short, cool and polite. But some people do just push things till they have to be addressed.
Yea ive been keeping my distance but when I see him I keep things short and friendly. I'm uncomfortable about him emulating everything I do, because at times he can give off a negative vibe. It almost seems like he wants to be me, right now I think a friendly distance is key.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Not to come across in a disparaging way, but I would assume you are probably pretty young, OP. This is the type of thing that would concern someone that isn't fully confident or sure of themselves, like most everyone in their early 20s. As you come into your own, things others do affect you less and less to the point when you are in your 40's you simply stop giving a **** altogether. LOL

We're both experience men. I'm in my 30s and he is in his mid 40s. I find it creepy because I can get a sense of all the weirdness behind it all. I brought it up with some of my co workers, and they have noticed it too and thinks its funny.

Dz23

Dz23

Awards
We're both experience men. I'm in my 30s and he is in his mid 40s. I find it creepy because I can get a sense of all the weirdness behind it all. I brought it up with some of my co workers, and they have noticed it too and thinks its funny.
Why not get a nice earring like George Michael and see if he copies you?,If he does he might be your dad and you can reconnect.

If he doesn't copy this then u should get a new hat

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Why not get a nice earring like George Michael and see if he copies you?,If he does he might be your dad and you can reconnect.

If he doesn't copy this then u should get a new hat
LMAO will do sir!

Fasted

Awards
  • Established
If he gets an earring like George Michael then dudes gunna fancy him for sure!