Mac OS rant

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Look I love my Mac but holy ****ing **** balls of blazing fire has it been pissing me off recently. Updated to Sierra a few weeks ago and it's gotten slower over time, weird cause it's only 2 years old. Run some scans and nothing comes up... hm odd. I look at the consol and for the first time ever I'm getting error messages, and not one or two but a literally f*ck ton (that's more than a ton of sh*tloads). Have no idea where these are coming from, some are from the calendar some are from notifications, some are from bum**** nowhere on my hard drive and occasionally in this sea of orange error bubbles I see a red one where there was actually a failure of some sort. Can't figure out any of this and Apple support has nooooo ****ing idea why I'm getting 2k errors in 10 min. Gonna just wipe the drive and restart with a fresh OS since i only use this for school.

Rant over

Ps I'm open to ideas and/or help.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry to hear about that man.. I would definitely start lurking through some mac forums. I am sure someone has been going through your same issues. Doing a clean restart sounds like a good idea as well. If you can backup all your files i would explore nuking your drive to make sure it's 100% clean

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I wiped the drive and installed a new OS, fixed the problems but oh my ****ing god did it cause problems trying to do that. Had to wipe a external drive and configure it to take the OS installer, then the Mac decided to have a fit and when I tried to boot it up using the external device in order to wipe the SSD, it decided it wasn't having any of that and deleted some boot files. Became a **** fest trying to repare the SSD for the new OS but I got it all figured out.

Word of advice, Macs are great till **** goes bad, then it goes really bad really fast.