Any serious guitar players?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanna chat some guitar/gear with some of you. I played rhythm acoustic for a long time and about 4 years ago switched to lead electric to expand my knowledge and have some fun. My acoustic is a 2001 taylor 312ce limited edition. My electric set up I have a little vox practice amp and my stage amp is a 2016 limited green vox ac15. Wanted a hand wired ac30 but that's too much volume so I wouldn't be able to push the tubes more that likely. My axe is a 1997 strat with rosewood fretboard with seymour Duncan everything axe set (thinking about changing these soon). And of course my pedal board. Currently downsizing. So I have some pedals I'm selling. Anyways, lemme know what you got and what music you like to play! I enjoy blues and modern country (brad paisley type).

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see another guitarist. I've been playing for +15 years self taught.
-Taylor acoustic (i can't remember what model i bought)
-Nylon string guitar that my wife's grandpa gave me, nut sure brand but it plays pretty good
-Gretsch G6118T
-Ibanez RG-120
-ESP mh-1000 (blue)
-Gibson Les Paul Special
-Epiphone Black Beauty with EMG 8185s
-A black Schecter that I can't remember model right now.
-and just on Friday I won a bid on an Autographed guitar by the Adicts. I can't figure out the brand either. I can't find anything on google. It is a Schruz? I put a picture in the latest purchase thread. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/282761-post-your-latest-4.html

I play these out of my Line 6 Spider MKII HD100 with 2x12" celestions from an old Marshall half combo cab. I also have a b-52 cab that is in my storage.
I like to play a little of everything. Big metal head. I used to be in Death Metal bands and stuff growing up. Recently was in a spanish rock/ 80s cover band with my Metal buddies haha.. but yea I wish I could still play in band. As of now I just jam by myself and practice a little here and there.. Wish I had more time for music.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Fellas! I play a lot campfire classic rock (Zep), flamenco rhythms with percussive muting (ie Rodrigo y Gabriella), and heavy altetnative (Tool, Rage, etc).

Lately, I write acoustic songs with my 4 year old while he does pushups, dances, and runs in circles

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Serious no but I play, not as much as I used too but still pick it up when I have time. Forgot a lot of songs tho but you never forget how to finger pick

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serious no but I play, not as much as I used too but still pick it up when I have time. Forgot a lot of songs tho but you never forget how to finger pick
For us non serious players, i think it's totally normal to go through phases of high productivity with our instrument, and then go through lulls.

I have put my guitar down for 6-12 months at a time 2 or 3 times in life when I just cant focus enough to be sharp.

Right now, I'm in a pretty creative place lately with lots lyric writing, improvements to my rhythm, and willingness to learn from Youtube tutorials. That might change tomorrow, it's just for fun for me.

tm86

Awards
I would be glad to share!

Guitars:

Strat - 2010 American Special - Black
Tele - no clue what year - Lollar Royal T neck pickup - been worked on & modded multiple times, plays great.
Gibson J45
Alvarez acoustic - 1974 (this is my go to)
Sho-Bud E9 Pedal Steel Guitar

Amplifiers:

1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb (Original blackface)
Fender Acoustasonic

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also have a mid 80's Fender solid state amp with Gain and Chorus channels and reverb as well. It's a nice little amp but it doesnt do justice to my Les Paul to be honest.

Do u like ur deluxe reverb?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been playing for almost 20 years now, these are my axes:

-Ibanez JS2K Crystal Planet
-Les Paul Deluxe Ice Tea Burst
-Les Paul Traditional Cherry
-Guild Acoustic
-Fender Strat

My favorite is the JS2K, it's Joe Satriani's limited edition guitar, only 200 made

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I play a lot of Air Guitar

Serious

[video=youtube;izrzkS5xxuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrzkS5xxuc[/video]

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I started lifting so I could haul this **** around...that and the fact that, chubby/out of shape, isn't the best look for a rockstar lol

IMG_1391.jpg

...It is hard balancing my passion for lifting/health etc. and songwriting/recording....There are nights I'm at the gym where it hits me that, I haven't practiced/written/recorded in a long time! And there are times when I'm immersed in music and have only been to the gym twice that week...

kev4330

Awards
I used to play guitar but I stopped playing when school got too hard. I used to play on my electric Fender and my acoustic one as well.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to play guitar but I stopped playing when school got too hard. I used to play on my electric Fender and my acoustic one as well.
Do u still have your gear? I'd say store it safely and the itch to play will return when life allows!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got me a strymon bigsky and I'm in love lol

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats the reverb pedal, right? What kind of music do u play R1?