Any serious guitar players?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanna chat some guitar/gear with some of you. I played rhythm acoustic for a long time and about 4 years ago switched to lead electric to expand my knowledge and have some fun. My acoustic is a 2001 taylor 312ce limited edition. My electric set up I have a little vox practice amp and my stage amp is a 2016 limited green vox ac15. Wanted a hand wired ac30 but that's too much volume so I wouldn't be able to push the tubes more that likely. My axe is a 1997 strat with rosewood fretboard with seymour Duncan everything axe set (thinking about changing these soon). And of course my pedal board. Currently downsizing. So I have some pedals I'm selling. Anyways, lemme know what you got and what music you like to play! I enjoy blues and modern country (brad paisley type).

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome to see another guitarist. I've been playing for +15 years self taught.
-Taylor acoustic (i can't remember what model i bought)
-Nylon string guitar that my wife's grandpa gave me, nut sure brand but it plays pretty good
-Gretsch G6118T
-Ibanez RG-120
-ESP mh-1000 (blue)
-Gibson Les Paul Special
-Epiphone Black Beauty with EMG 8185s
-A black Schecter that I can't remember model right now.
-and just on Friday I won a bid on an Autographed guitar by the Adicts. I can't figure out the brand either. I can't find anything on google. It is a Schruz? I put a picture in the latest purchase thread. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/282761-post-your-latest-4.html

I play these out of my Line 6 Spider MKII HD100 with 2x12" celestions from an old Marshall half combo cab. I also have a b-52 cab that is in my storage.
I like to play a little of everything. Big metal head. I used to be in Death Metal bands and stuff growing up. Recently was in a spanish rock/ 80s cover band with my Metal buddies haha.. but yea I wish I could still play in band. As of now I just jam by myself and practice a little here and there.. Wish I had more time for music.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Fellas! I play a lot campfire classic rock (Zep), flamenco rhythms with percussive muting (ie Rodrigo y Gabriella), and heavy altetnative (Tool, Rage, etc).

Lately, I write acoustic songs with my 4 year old while he does pushups, dances, and runs in circles

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Serious no but I play, not as much as I used too but still pick it up when I have time. Forgot a lot of songs tho but you never forget how to finger pick

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Serious no but I play, not as much as I used too but still pick it up when I have time. Forgot a lot of songs tho but you never forget how to finger pick
For us non serious players, i think it's totally normal to go through phases of high productivity with our instrument, and then go through lulls.

I have put my guitar down for 6-12 months at a time 2 or 3 times in life when I just cant focus enough to be sharp.

Right now, I'm in a pretty creative place lately with lots lyric writing, improvements to my rhythm, and willingness to learn from Youtube tutorials. That might change tomorrow, it's just for fun for me.

T

tm86

Awards
I would be glad to share!

Guitars:

Strat - 2010 American Special - Black
Tele - no clue what year - Lollar Royal T neck pickup - been worked on & modded multiple times, plays great.
Gibson J45
Alvarez acoustic - 1974 (this is my go to)
Sho-Bud E9 Pedal Steel Guitar

Amplifiers:

1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb (Original blackface)
Fender Acoustasonic

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I also have a mid 80's Fender solid state amp with Gain and Chorus channels and reverb as well. It's a nice little amp but it doesnt do justice to my Les Paul to be honest.

Do u like ur deluxe reverb?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been playing for almost 20 years now, these are my axes:

-Ibanez JS2K Crystal Planet
-Les Paul Deluxe Ice Tea Burst
-Les Paul Traditional Cherry
-Guild Acoustic
-Fender Strat

My favorite is the JS2K, it's Joe Satriani's limited edition guitar, only 200 made

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I play a lot of Air Guitar

Serious

[video=youtube;izrzkS5xxuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izrzkS5xxuc[/video]

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I started lifting so I could haul this **** around...that and the fact that, chubby/out of shape, isn't the best look for a rockstar lol

IMG_1391.jpg

...It is hard balancing my passion for lifting/health etc. and songwriting/recording....There are nights I'm at the gym where it hits me that, I haven't practiced/written/recorded in a long time! And there are times when I'm immersed in music and have only been to the gym twice that week...

K

kev4330

Awards
I used to play guitar but I stopped playing when school got too hard. I used to play on my electric Fender and my acoustic one as well.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to play guitar but I stopped playing when school got too hard. I used to play on my electric Fender and my acoustic one as well.
Do u still have your gear? I'd say store it safely and the itch to play will return when life allows!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just got me a strymon bigsky and I'm in love lol

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats the reverb pedal, right? What kind of music do u play R1?