Anyone here a medical tech, specifically a Polysomnography(sleep study technologist)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Anyone here a medical tech, specifically a Polysomnography(sleep study technologist)


    The Meyers Briggs test is cool with the exception, we're picking what we think we closely resemble and project what we THINK we resemble.

    Take that test with a grain of salt.

    You sound more-so like you're chasing an income instead of a career.

    What do you currently do? What "work" experience do you have now?
    Psalms 62:1-62:2


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    Dude, the program is only an 18 month program and it's covered under financial aid for me. I mean all of it is covered, so no debt. It's one of the only certification programs that is covered.
    I must have misread the op sorry.good luck.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    There are hundreds of necessary jobs that require degrees that start out at less than $50,000 a year. Teachers, social workers, architects. You're saying all these people are morons?
    Guess it depends on the motive.if money isnt the motive then id say no they are not morons.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    The Meyers Briggs test is cool with the exception, we're picking what we think we closely resemble and project what we THINK we resemble.

    Take that test with a grain of salt.

    You sound more-so like you're chasing an income instead of a career.

    What do you currently do? What "work" experience do you have now?
    Unemployed and had to get multiple surgeries. I'm about to get another Friday. I've only worked in retail.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Shiznown View Post
    Unemployed and had to get multiple surgeries. I'm about to get another Friday. I've only worked in retail.
    Management isn't a terrible gig either. I'm a manager of a retail setting and make 40k+

    Granted, we have no debt (student loans are the last to go lol)

    Anyhow, instead of putting your income 1st, look into finding a career you'll enjoy.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I figured you already knew of the sales route and didn't want to do that, which is why it wasn't mentioned. I'm like you, I would hate sales and can't stand salesmen in the first place. Very rarely I get a good one that isn't just flat out annoying.

    I generally don't think it's a good idea to get a degree in such a specific job category, unless it is one that has very good job security.
    I spent 10+ years in the IT industry working for a very large WISP. Once I realized how well I worked with people I moved to sales. The money is better and there is less stress. I never finished a degree, however I make more than most IT (minus programmers) in my area.

    But it's awesome you mentioned not liking salespeople. I've always said I will never take a job where I'd have to be shady. I'm more account managing/consulting.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Management isn't a terrible gig either. I'm a manager of a retail setting and make 40k+

    Granted, we have no debt (student loans are the last to go lol)

    Anyhow, instead of putting your income 1st, look into finding a career you'll enjoy.
    That's the thing though, I think I'd like MRI the best; however all the hassle isn't worth it. I don't think I'd LIKE sleep study tech, or PT assistant, but I think I can be pretty content with those jobs. See guys I have a certain let's say social disorder. I can hide it pretty well and only my close friends know. So I'm worried in a job like sales, that may be an issue.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan815 View Post
    I spent 10+ years in the IT industry working for a very large WISP. Once I realized how well I worked with people I moved to sales. The money is better and there is less stress. I never finished a degree, however I make more than most IT (minus programmers) in my area.

    But it's awesome you mentioned not liking salespeople. I've always said I will never take a job where I'd have to be shady. I'm more account managing/consulting.
    I suppose I should have specified salesmen that work on commission, they tend to be the ones I walk away from even if I want what they are selling. I'll put off buying something for months if the person selling it annoys me. Lol

    I was looking at a truck online I really liked, it said "email for price." I emailed asking the price, got a quick response saying I will get back to you on the price when I get to work in the morning..

    The next couple of days I received probably 8 emails from the dealership and salesmen asking me to give them a number to call them on and never once received the price of the truck.

    They still have the best prices I've seen on trucks but I refuse to give them my business after that. Lol

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan815 View Post
    I spent 10+ years in the IT industry working for a very large WISP. Once I realized how well I worked with people I moved to sales. The money is better and there is less stress. I never finished a degree, however I make more than most IT (minus programmers) in my area.

    But it's awesome you mentioned not liking salespeople. I've always said I will never take a job where I'd have to be shady. I'm more account managing/consulting.
    The difference in IT sales is that you are providing a solution to a problem. It is a much different sell. I've worked as a sales engineer in the past for a couple of large software companies and you literally are helping the customer with problems they may not even realized they had.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The difference in IT sales is that you are providing a solution to a problem. It is a much different sell. I've worked as a sales engineer in the past for a couple of large software companies and you literally are helping the customer with problems they may not even realized they had.
    I should rephrase, I did IT tech support/networking then switched to sales. I did sell Internet for few years with that company, however now I sell retail display solutions.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com

  11. Ahh, gotcha.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    I suppose I should have specified salesmen that work on commission, they tend to be the ones I walk away from even if I want what they are selling. I'll put off buying something for months if the person selling it annoys me. Lol

    I was looking at a truck online I really liked, it said "email for price." I emailed asking the price, got a quick response saying I will get back to you on the price when I get to work in the morning..

    The next couple of days I received probably 8 emails from the dealership and salesmen asking me to give them a number to call them on and never once received the price of the truck.

    They still have the best prices I've seen on trucks but I refuse to give them my business after that. Lol
    Ugh, I hate that. My wife and I drove 1.5 hours away once for a Kia Sorento that was exactly what we wanted. The sales guy assured us that it was great deal. We got there and he brought us 4 Kias, none that was the one online. My wife flipped out on him. He said well...what are you gonna do?? She said buy a car from someone else, that's what the F**K we are gonna do.

    It was funny AF lol
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com

  13. "What are you gonna do?" never is really a good close.

  14. Get in a field you enjoy, move into management and profit. Just realise that if money is all you seek, you will never be satisfied. Get in a field you enjoy, put all your effort into learning the ins and outs of it and the money will follow once you move up the ladder in any corporation.

    My partner works in retail - a field many dismiss as low pay - yet she does so well at it that in her position she makes 80k+. She started on minimum wage and worked her way up the ladder. More importantly though, she loves her job and the pay is just an added bonus. The keys are getting into a company that has room for growth and one that values staff who work hard (don't just jump into the first business that offers you a job if there is no potential for growth unless you just want experience).
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Get in a field you enjoy, move into management and profit. Just realise that if money is all you seek, you will never be satisfied. Get in a field you enjoy, put all your effort into learning the ins and outs of it and the money will follow once you move up the ladder in any corporation.

    My partner works in retail - a field many dismiss as low pay - yet she does so well at it that in her position she makes 80k+. She started on minimum wage and worked her way up the ladder. More importantly though, she loves her job and the pay is just an added bonus. The keys are getting into a company that has room for growth and one that values staff who work hard (don't just jump into the first business that offers you a job if there is no potential for growth unless you just want experience).
    Sound advice here
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone here tried/heard of Vitargo-CGL?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 12:39 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 01:11 PM
  3. Anyone here been on/now on an HST cycle?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:50 AM
  4. Anyone here use beta-blockers?
    By Lethalius in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2003, 05:28 PM
  5. Anyone here use GuggulBolic Guggulsterones?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Log in
Log in