Suit jacket for big muscular men

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Short of getting a 2k custom suit anyone found a good place to get a great fitting suit jacket? I'm 5'10", 230lbs and 16%ish bf, need to wear suits for work quit a bit and mine fit me horribly. Coworkers are able to easily lift arms to type on a keyboard, for me the whole damn jacket gets so tight it looks like it's going to tear. I'm already in a suit that's supposedly 4 sizes bigger than what I'm supposed to be in.

FireTitan SFreed ryane87 habajaba justhere4comm rtmilburn blueline438 angcd3 BEAST73 mmorso Cjg bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt angcd3 hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel Ag5000 lifted67 Cjg bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz Clean gene ZOO jramoska SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane SpicedCider ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 vujade Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 Jebrook halfhuman ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan rtmilburn hairygrandpa DUbz86 sparks2012 nicksox15 WAF BloodManor

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Sore subject. I've given up on suits because of body size always changing.

Sucks, but is what it is..

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What the hell is a suit? I wear T-shirts; Jeans and Shorts to work. lol. I've not had a decent suit in about 20 years... I have worn dress shirts and waste coats. (Vests), with Ties.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Men's wear house or Jos A Banks can alter stuff for a reasonable price. Their stuff is no where near custom suit prices.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
It's tough, wear one everyday for work (not that I'm a big muscular man lol) but I'm 5'10 218 right now 13-14% . Perry Ellis use to have one I think it was "Modern Fit" the only non slim fit which were great for the price and style it didn't look like it was a "fat boy" suit and it still looked like a nice suit , which I normally paid 70-90 for the jacket and pants too it was great, you might still be able to find it if you look on their site. Van Heusen isn't too bad ether . Besides those two most of my other suits are cheaper jc penny "Fat Boy" suits which is what my girl calls them cuz they don't have that nice fitted look at all . It's ****ing tough , living in Florida my chair wears my jackets more then I do anyways lol, my managers gave up on even asking me to wear them

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
It's not the suit you gotta find....you need a good tailor that know their stuff. I buy suits that are too big but decent quality at a normal price, and then have it tailored. The tailoring runs me 35-100 depending how much work needs to be done. I tried a few till I found one that knows what she's doing

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Just remembered , I normally do the shirt and tie with a vest too , that normally looks good I always get compliments from customers

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
I love hoodies...FCCK suits...

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sore subject. I've given up on suits because of body size always changing.

Sucks, but is what it is..
I get my Suits at a place that taylor's them her in Tulsa, OK, But Ask for a Sport Cut. Calvin Klein makes one that is not expensive, the one I got about 6 months ago didn't even need tailored except the sleeve length. I have a 46" chest, 33" waist. the pants are a little tight around the legs but no too bad.
They even sale shirts that are a 18.5" neck and 33" sleeve. (Those are hard to find)
Good Luck! Might calling some men's clothing stores.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a couple of suits from Men's Warehouse and they tailor them at a decent price (~60-90$ or more - depending on how many alterations you need). The cool thing is is that each alteration is only a 1 time fee. You never have to pay for the same alteration twice on a single suit (ie: realterations of a previous alteration are free). They will have buy one get one suit deals occasionally too.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Men's wear house or Jos A Banks can alter stuff for a reasonable price. Their stuff is no where near custom suit prices.
I'd go with this. Not that I'm muscular, but I have a few issues that make off the rack difficult.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd go with this. Not that I'm muscular, but I have a few issues that make off the rack difficult.
I bet its the crotch area...

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a huge guy, but I agree. Get a tailor,I have 5 suits all tweaked by a tailor. Slimish around the waist, nice and loose on top,but not sagging, that is just disgusting to see. Arm length is important, must be JUST right.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's not the suit you gotta find....you need a good tailor that know their stuff. I buy suits that are too big but decent quality at a normal price, and then have it tailored. The tailoring runs me 35-100 depending how much work needs to be done. I tried a few till I found one that knows what she's doing
Excellent advice. No matter what size you are, if you're buying a suit off the rack, you need to visit a tailor.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the great advice. I saw one recommendation for itailor.com, anyone else ever use them?