What's your favourite type of coffee?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What Brand, roast etc. and how much do you drink?

I just started drinking coffee last week, picked up some Black Rifle CAF (caffeinated as f*ck) and I've been drinking that black. Just 1-2 cups a day in the morning to get me going.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't really drink coffee for the caffeine or to get going so the super caffeinated ones tend to be bitter. HEB has some good coffees.

Generally drink it black or with a little milk/cream to cool it down

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't really drink coffee for the caffeine or to get going so the super caffeinated ones tend to be bitter. HEB has some good coffees.

Generally drink it black or with a little milk/cream to cool it down
Yeah I get you, I'm drinking it to cut out energy drinks. It's a **** ton cheaper to drink coffee than it is to buy a $3 energy drink every morning

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We usually go with Starbucks espresso grind, Anniversary is our favorite but any of the beans are fine. Komoto Dragon is good.
I just discovered this place however and it's grabbed my attention. I think you'll see why, lol.

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
We usually go with Starbucks espresso grind, Anniversary is our favorite but any of the beans are fine. Komoto Dragon is good.
I just discovered this place however and it's grabbed my attention. I think you'll see why, lol.

https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/
I heard about them, gave them a look but decided BRCC was better in the long run because they support vets and stuff, feels like it isn't all about the money with them and they ship hella fast.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
During the work week I usually drink: Folgers, Standard (which is the stuff my office supplies), Target Brand, nothing crazy

Weekends: Starbucks - Venti Iced Americano BLACK with an Extra Shot (so 5 shots of espresso).

Besides that I just drink boring bland black coffee

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink my coffee black....during the week before work it's whatever is on sale because I tend to slam it on my way out the door

I went to a coffee convention last year and found a company called "jailhouse" coffee, I really enjoyed their coffee

if your in the philly area, the reading terminal market has a coffee stand with some really good beans as well, and any kind of "jamacian me crazy" blend is usually pretty good, I tend to like beans from tropical type south America places

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Costco available Magnum Jamaican Blue Mountain whole bean is our preferred coffee. Followed by Peetz light blends. New England donut shop blend.

How: Black or black+ foamed milk topping or black with ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, orange peel, anise seeds or black with ice and milk to have a tan final color

How much: About nine 4-6 oz mugs daily. Those are the small mugs.

Use a Ninja coffee bar. That is also important as well to final taste.

Mom & Pop's 1970s era avocado green percolator would make great tasting and smelling coffee with Maxwell House ground stuff which I would never drink today unless it was made with that percolator.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
None?

T

Tearbear

Awards
I'm not partial to a brand, but legit espresso is great. Not one of those little shot glasses either. Something that makes your heart flutter when you are done

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Local brands Double espresso every morning. If I have time I will use the coffee machine and brew up another local columbian coffee

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Whole bean coffee, medium roast, don't have a particular brand I prefer, but earth fare or fresh market has a wide variety

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should mention never in a Styrofoam or plastic cup either. Glass, steel or ceramic. Never, ever Styrofoam or plastic if you want to protect your testes.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I should mention never in a Styrofoam or plastic cup either. Glass, steel or ceramic. Never, ever Styrofoam or plastic if you want to protect your testes.
So true. I see people at work drinking coffee in the little styrofoam office cups every day and I can't help but fear for their poor endocrine system. If I say anything though, I'm just a tin foil hat nutcase. Oh well. They're loss

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I only have plastic cups rn but I'm getting a coffee mug soon

J

Jay Cutler

Awards
As usual I drink only latte coffee twice a month - and have no problems with health!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
As usual I drink only latte coffee twice a month - and have no problems with health!
OMG JAY CUTLER....MR O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Cafe Bustelo is literally the bomb if you like strong coffee but cheap. I get it from Aldi.

dactyl

dactyl

Awards
Death wish and Odin force are amazing but expensive
That bustello is great when I need it strong and on a budget

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caveman coffee and the onnit coffee are pretty damn good. With some MCT oil Right now i have the onnit black roast with pumpkin mct.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Columbian Dark Roast. I get water filtered decaf and I use an electronic percolator. No plastic parts touch, or get near the coffee and it's percolated. I am super caffeine sensitive. My blood pressure will go from about 120 to 138 if I just have a cup or two of regular coffee. I don't know how anyone uses pre-workout sups. I'd have a stroke lol.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dunkin Donuts I've noticed puts their coffee in styrofoam, but their cold drinks in harder plastic. LOGIC!