How much sleep does everyone get?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just curious because we all know rest is nessesary for gains. I average 5 hours 42 min, tho at the moment it's going up slightly but I fear that trend will be coming to an end with anatomy and long night study sessions.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I get 8-9 hours of sleep in. Over weekends I get 10. I'm basically a koala.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
With another baby on the way, I hope at least 4 lol

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get about 6hrs of broken sleep. 2 kids under the age of 3 doesnt help.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For me 6/7 hours max and once I'm awake I'm up for the day

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually get about 6-7 hours of sleep. If I'm exhausted and have a chance to sleep in I'm lucky to stay asleep for 8 hours. I can nap easily but anything more than a half hour catnap keeps me up all night restless.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
I aim for 7 hours, prefer to have 8 but generally during the week I get 6.5 to 7 as awake by 5:15-5:30 to train at 5:45-6:00

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I average about 6 1/2 hours a night, would love to get 8 but just not enough hours in a day. I do manage to get about an hour nap in on the weekends.......I love naps!!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
During the week anywhere from 6.5-8 and during the weekend 8-12 usually lol I have the worst possible time trying to wake up and get out of bed.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
During the week anywhere from 6.5-8 and during the weekend 8-12 usually lol I have the worst possible time trying to wake up and get out of bed.
I feel you, weekends I sleep like crazy and don't want to get out of bed

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Little to none because a 1.5yr old likes to keep us up.

Seriously though, probably 5-6hrs of broken sleep

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on how busy work is. Sometimes a 2 hour nap in the conference room on a stack of medical records or depo transcripts.
Others 12-14 lol

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
8-9 hours. Anything less than 8 and imma hot mess lol

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
6 to 7 average. Then there's those awesome nights where it's 2, because I can't get my brain to shut down.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
6 to 7 average. Then there's those awesome nights where it's 2, because I can't get my brain to shut down.
I feel you there, just got 3:38 last night for that very reason

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like to get about 9.
I like to get about 8 too, but that never happens lol before my baby girl, I'd get 8-10hr a night.. it was glorious

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5-7 depending on what is going on. I've never been a big sleeper. To much FOMO going on in my head.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
We are twins . Same here.

Last week I ended up pulling an all nighter and going o the gym before work. Wow did that feel bad.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weekdays 4-6 max, usually closer to 5-5.5

Weekends, 8-All haha... Wekends are the only chance I have to actually sleep due to work and travel. If I have to travel on a weekend, forget that day too.

That said, I can sleep anywhere, anytime (including planes) so I do manage a few 1hr naps on planes and such once or twice a week usually. Not that it helps at all but it makes the time go fast at least haha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wish I could pressurize my room because as soon as the cabin is pressurized on a flight, I am out. I barely make it through the safety announcements. I may have actually been awake for 10 takeoffs out of 100+ flights.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been up for 24 hours get on a plane and still can't sleep !!

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
I get about 6hrs of broken sleep. 2 kids under the age of 3 doesnt help.
My wife and I feel u on that one lol but we wouldn't have it any other way

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My wife and I feel u on that one lol but we wouldn't have it any other way
Kids are a blessing and a curse, some days they feel more like a curse tho lol. I'm just glad I'm not there yet.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Kids are a blessing and a curse, some days they feel more like a curse tho lol. I'm just glad I'm not there yet.
I'm having a hard time biting the bullet with having kids bc of many such sentiments. I know most people say it's worth it but it's such a life changer. So much responsibility. I've been with my husband for 15 yrs. it's been a glorious 15 years of childlessness. It's hard to change and I'm approaching "sterile" age

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm having a hard time biting the bullet with having kids bc of many such sentiments. I know most people say it's worth it but it's such a life changer. So much responsibility. I've been with my husband for 15 yrs. it's been a glorious 15 years of childlessness. It's hard to change and I'm approaching "sterile" age
I know where u r coming from. My wife and I were together for 10yrs before we had our first, and we enjoyed life so the thought of this looming responsibility was terrifying.

Im wrestling with this post because the experience of becoming a parent, and being a parent, is so deeply profound it cannot be encoded in words. I guess the best thing to say is this: your values change so dramatically that the things you fear losing now become insignificant. Its a liberating, transcendental shift, and you will look back and see yourself as the butterfly sees the catepillar.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We spent our 20s and early 30s traveling and living a pretty damn opulent lifestyle, then woke up one day and it just clicked. We always knew it was something we wanted, but never forced it. I will say that I cannot emphasize enough how amazing it is and for every moment we get frustrated, we have 100 more that we just get overwhelmed with feeling fortunate. I'm biased, but we are raising 2 of the coolest little girls on the planet. :)

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't really plan on having kids lol just not worth it to me mostly cause I'd have to settle down with a woman and me and women don't get along well in the dating world.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Some of the best sleep you can get imo.
Haha idk I had a pretty amazing 3 hours and 58 min last night. I guess I just like flying too much to sleep through it.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't really plan on having kids lol just not worth it to me mostly cause I'd have to settle down with a woman and me and women don't get along well in the dating world.
You're young. That is not all that uncommon.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha idk I had a pretty amazing 3 hours and 58 min last night. I guess I just like flying too much to sleep through it.
Take an international flight. I had a 13 hour flight to Italy. Slept like a king

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Take an international flight. I had a 13 hour flight to Italy. Slept like a king
I'd watch some movies lol but I've watched most of the good ones that are out... been watching top gear before bed but I'm almost done with it sadly.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It varies -- on average 6-7 during the week, though I have tried to be more diligent about getting closer to 8.

On the weekends I try my best to catch up at least one night if not both.

Monte_Cristo

Monte_Cristo

Awards
  • Established
I usually aim for 8 hours altought 8.30/9 make me more comfortable.
Awfully the older I get the less I manage to sleep, even if I happen to sleep just 6 hours Im not gonna feel tired untill the usual time I go to sleep.

Anyway I noticed that sleeping from midnight to 8 is much more restoring than sleeping from 4 to 12 even if the amount of hours is the same.
Best result from comes from sleeping around midnight and waking me around 9, needless to say no electronics or caffeine before going to sleep.
A couple of hours of relax before going to sleep make a hell of a different even with the same total sleeping time.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
You're young. That is not all that uncommon.
People told me this too when I was 20 (about the decision to not have kids) and now I'm over 30 and feel even more reluctant than I did at 20.

I do hope I wake up one day and suddenly change my mind but that hasn't happened yet in the past 15 years of my relationship

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Double post oops

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
7.5-8 hours normally, I used to be a mess if I didn't get 9 hours but with kids my body has adapted - that or the fact that I take a strong pwo.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
6-7 here as well when not working (I work 12+ hr night shifts 3-4 times week). Obviously much harder to sleep during the day, so then I average 4-5 hrs with the help of IML dream-n-grow.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
5 hours at most. Jobs, kid, family, lifting and various responsibilities leave little room for sleep. In rare cases that I sleep for 6-7 hours I wake up feeling sooo good!!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
5 hours at most. Jobs, kid, family, lifting and various responsibilities leave little room for sleep. In rare cases that I sleep for 6-7 hours I wake up feeling sooo good!!
Finally someone in my boat lol. If I sleep for 6-10 hours I wake up feeling trashed tho. 10+ and I'm gtg

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Finally someone in my boat lol. If I sleep for 6-10 hours I wake up feeling trashed tho. 10+ and I'm gtg
Any little something to take before bed to aid in waking up fresh? I have found paracetamol just before going to bed to make me wake up fresh but it works only for 3hour sleeps. Or less. If I sleep for 5hours it doesnt help me at all

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Now it is about 8hrs 10pm to 6am. Do not use me as a metric. It is age and strenuous activity depended. I never needed more than 6 hrs well into my early 40s. Now with age and heavily lifting, literally, need that sleep.

I also think that if I did not lift weights and napped a bit in the early evening then I could revert to less sleep at night.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sleep is very hard to come by nowadays in the crazy high stress times we live in. Makes it hard for us lifters to obtain our goals in many cases. Stress, lack of sleep, and lack of time for that matter. This is why cortisol control supps seem to be growing in popularity. I am going to look into getting a continuous intravenous drip of b-AET.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I feel all of you with regards to quality sleep being hard to come by with the unexpectedness that life throws at us. Even though I get less than 8 hours a night, taking ZMA XT from SNS has made my sleep better. I have taken this product even before my becoming a rep so I definitely believe in the product.