How much sleep does everyone get?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    I get about 6hrs of broken sleep. 2 kids under the age of 3 doesnt help.
    My wife and I feel u on that one lol but we wouldn't have it any other way
    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength

2. Quote Originally Posted by thorsdad31 View Post
    My wife and I feel u on that one lol but we wouldn't have it any other way
    Kids are a blessing and a curse, some days they feel more like a curse tho lol. I'm just glad I'm not there yet.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Kids are a blessing and a curse, some days they feel more like a curse tho lol. I'm just glad I'm not there yet.
    I'm having a hard time biting the bullet with having kids bc of many such sentiments. I know most people say it's worth it but it's such a life changer. So much responsibility. I've been with my husband for 15 yrs. it's been a glorious 15 years of childlessness. It's hard to change and I'm approaching "sterile" age
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you

4. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    I'm having a hard time biting the bullet with having kids bc of many such sentiments. I know most people say it's worth it but it's such a life changer. So much responsibility. I've been with my husband for 15 yrs. it's been a glorious 15 years of childlessness. It's hard to change and I'm approaching "sterile" age
    I know where u r coming from. My wife and I were together for 10yrs before we had our first, and we enjoyed life so the thought of this looming responsibility was terrifying.

Im wrestling with this post because the experience of becoming a parent, and being a parent, is so deeply profound it cannot be encoded in words. I guess the best thing to say is this: your values change so dramatically that the things you fear losing now become insignificant. Its a liberating, transcendental shift, and you will look back and see yourself as the butterfly sees the catepillar.

5. Quote Originally Posted by UnicornDrpns View Post
    We spent our 20s and early 30s traveling and living a pretty damn opulent lifestyle, then woke up one day and it just clicked. We always knew it was something we wanted, but never forced it. I will say that I cannot emphasize enough how amazing it is and for every moment we get frustrated, we have 100 more that we just get overwhelmed with feeling fortunate. I'm biased, but we are raising 2 of the coolest little girls on the planet.
    •   

6. I don't really plan on having kids lol just not worth it to me mostly cause I'd have to settle down with a woman and me and women don't get along well in the dating world.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Never slept on a plane...
    Some of the best sleep you can get imo.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Some of the best sleep you can get imo.
    Haha idk I had a pretty amazing 3 hours and 58 min last night. I guess I just like flying too much to sleep through it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    I don't really plan on having kids lol just not worth it to me mostly cause I'd have to settle down with a woman and me and women don't get along well in the dating world.
    You're young. That is not all that uncommon.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Lol yeah I know, just shows you what age does to people.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Haha idk I had a pretty amazing 3 hours and 58 min last night. I guess I just like flying too much to sleep through it.
    Take an international flight. I had a 13 hour flight to Italy. Slept like a king
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Lol yeah I know, just shows you what age does to people.
    Maturity is a hell of a thing. lol

13. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Take an international flight. I had a 13 hour flight to Italy. Slept like a king
    I'd watch some movies lol but I've watched most of the good ones that are out... been watching top gear before bed but I'm almost done with it sadly.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

It varies -- on average 6-7 during the week, though I have tried to be more diligent about getting closer to 8.

On the weekends I try my best to catch up at least one night if not both.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | sales@evolutionarymuse.com | Inspire to Evolve

15. I usually aim for 8 hours altought 8.30/9 make me more comfortable.
    Awfully the older I get the less I manage to sleep, even if I happen to sleep just 6 hours Im not gonna feel tired untill the usual time I go to sleep.

Anyway I noticed that sleeping from midnight to 8 is much more restoring than sleeping from 4 to 12 even if the amount of hours is the same.
    Best result from comes from sleeping around midnight and waking me around 9, needless to say no electronics or caffeine before going to sleep.
    A couple of hours of relax before going to sleep make a hell of a different even with the same total sleeping time.

16. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    People told me this too when I was 20 (about the decision to not have kids) and now I'm over 30 and feel even more reluctant than I did at 20.

I do hope I wake up one day and suddenly change my mind but that hasn't happened yet in the past 15 years of my relationship
    I don't make sandwiches and I don't clean house BUT I do play PC games and lift weights. Instagram: unicorn_droppings_for_you
  17. How much sleep does everyone get?

Double post oops

18. 7.5-8 hours normally, I used to be a mess if I didn't get 9 hours but with kids my body has adapted - that or the fact that I take a strong pwo.

19. 6-7 here as well when not working (I work 12+ hr night shifts 3-4 times week). Obviously much harder to sleep during the day, so then I average 4-5 hrs with the help of IML dream-n-grow.

20. 5 hours at most. Jobs, kid, family, lifting and various responsibilities leave little room for sleep. In rare cases that I sleep for 6-7 hours I wake up feeling sooo good!!
    Anything, just ask

21. Quote Originally Posted by GreekTheBrick View Post
    5 hours at most. Jobs, kid, family, lifting and various responsibilities leave little room for sleep. In rare cases that I sleep for 6-7 hours I wake up feeling sooo good!!
    Finally someone in my boat lol. If I sleep for 6-10 hours I wake up feeling trashed tho. 10+ and I'm gtg

22. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Finally someone in my boat lol. If I sleep for 6-10 hours I wake up feeling trashed tho. 10+ and I'm gtg
    Any little something to take before bed to aid in waking up fresh? I have found paracetamol just before going to bed to make me wake up fresh but it works only for 3hour sleeps. Or less. If I sleep for 5hours it doesnt help me at all
    Anything, just ask

23. Now it is about 8hrs 10pm to 6am. Do not use me as a metric. It is age and strenuous activity depended. I never needed more than 6 hrs well into my early 40s. Now with age and heavily lifting, literally, need that sleep.

I also think that if I did not lift weights and napped a bit in the early evening then I could revert to less sleep at night.

24. Sleep is very hard to come by nowadays in the crazy high stress times we live in. Makes it hard for us lifters to obtain our goals in many cases. Stress, lack of sleep, and lack of time for that matter. This is why cortisol control supps seem to be growing in popularity. I am going to look into getting a continuous intravenous drip of b-AET.
  25. How much sleep does everyone get?

I feel all of you with regards to quality sleep being hard to come by with the unexpectedness that life throws at us. Even though I get less than 8 hours a night, taking ZMA XT from SNS has made my sleep better. I have taken this product even before my becoming a rep so I definitely believe in the product.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    Jgntyce@seriousnutritionsoluti ons.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How much sleep are you getting
    By airram479 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 10:13 AM
  2. how much stuff does everyone take?
    By tirtle88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-12-2008, 02:01 AM