Open shoulder surgery

1. Open shoulder surgery

Anyone had it? How was the recovery?

2. It will probably increase recovery time by a month or two is my guess. Can it not be done Arthoscopically?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rascal14 View Post
    It will probably increase recovery time by a month or two is my guess. Can it not be done Arthoscopically?
    Probably not, there's a much higher risk for failure if it's not done open

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Anyone had it? How was the recovery?
    Shoulder surgery is a tough thing to endure....Even arthroscopic! I see it daily.... what do you need done?

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Probably not, there's a much higher risk for failure if it's not done open
    Not true brother!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Surgiman View Post
    Shoulder surgery is a tough thing to endure....Even arthroscopic! I see it daily.... what do you need done?
    Labrum repaired with some bone moved down to somewhere because my shoulder ground it down. Also they are possibly thinking. About shortening tendons but don't know for sure.

7. Try to get it done arthroscopically if at all possible. @rascal14 and I had it done recently and it was a breeze for us.

8. Had 3...2 open 1 artho. Took a few months to truly get into the swing of things.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

9. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Try to get it done arthroscopically if at all possible. @rascal14 and I had it done recently and it was a breeze for us.
    They told me because of what has to be repaired there's a much higher chance of needing it again if I get arthro vice just going open

10. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    They told me because of what has to be repaired there's a much higher chance of needing it again if I get arthro vice just going open
    Makes sense then. Wish you a smooth recovery.

11. I've had both, 4 scopes and one open. My recovery time was about the same for both. As for rehab, you get out of it what you put into it. I competed 7.5 months after the open surgery. Wasn't close to my best bench, but I went 3/3...

12. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    That's nonsense...

13. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    That's nonsense...
    Considering I have to have bone replaced idk if they can do that arthroscopically

14. Dude, you either need a new shoulder or you don't. There is no bone replacement. Also, tendons are either detached or they're not. There is no shortening. Wtf...

15. Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Dude, you either need a new shoulder or you don't. There is no bone replacement. Also, tendons are either detached or they're not. There is no shortening. Wtf...
    They can move bone around, my humerus is fine so I don't "need a new shoulder" and yes they can shorten tendons up if they've been stretched out from dislocations etc. They can still be attached and the shoulder can still be lose.

There would be no point in getting stuff repaired if the tendons wouldn't keep it in the joint over time. It would just move around and tear stuff again.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. shoulder surgery
    By bigpapa in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:58 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
  3. separated shoulder surgery
    By nobady in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 10:59 AM