• Best Answer
  • RockStar
Anyone had it? How was the recovery?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It will probably increase recovery time by a month or two is my guess. Can it not be done Arthoscopically?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It will probably increase recovery time by a month or two is my guess. Can it not be done Arthoscopically?
Probably not, there's a much higher risk for failure if it's not done open

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Shoulder surgery is a tough thing to endure....Even arthroscopic! I see it daily.... what do you need done?
Labrum repaired with some bone moved down to somewhere because my shoulder ground it down. Also they are possibly thinking. About shortening tendons but don't know for sure.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Try to get it done arthroscopically if at all possible. rascal14 and I had it done recently and it was a breeze for us.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had 3...2 open 1 artho. Took a few months to truly get into the swing of things.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Try to get it done arthroscopically if at all possible. rascal14 and I had it done recently and it was a breeze for us.
They told me because of what has to be repaired there's a much higher chance of needing it again if I get arthro vice just going open

napalm

napalm

Awards
I've had both, 4 scopes and one open. My recovery time was about the same for both. As for rehab, you get out of it what you put into it. I competed 7.5 months after the open surgery. Wasn't close to my best bench, but I went 3/3...

napalm

napalm

Awards
Dude, you either need a new shoulder or you don't. There is no bone replacement. Also, tendons are either detached or they're not. There is no shortening. Wtf...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude, you either need a new shoulder or you don't. There is no bone replacement. Also, tendons are either detached or they're not. There is no shortening. Wtf...
They can move bone around, my humerus is fine so I don't "need a new shoulder" and yes they can shorten tendons up if they've been stretched out from dislocations etc. They can still be attached and the shoulder can still be lose.

There would be no point in getting stuff repaired if the tendons wouldn't keep it in the joint over time. It would just move around and tear stuff again.