Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the VA just flat out doesn't want to replace my knee...so this is their option---got cortisone shot in doctors office last Tuesday, today I got lidocaine patches, tomorrow diclofenac 1% topical gel is coming.

the cortisone injection actually has helped some, it took a lot of the swelling away and increased mobility-still have most of the pain....

I put 1 of the lidocaine patches on about 3 hours ago, after reading a lot of praise from people who are/have used them I am somewhat disappointed-hopefully they have a cumulative effect..

I just got thru doing at least an hour of research on the diplofenac gel, I have high expectations for this, user experiences I read are at least 95% favorable with at least moderate pain relief.

anyone used either the lidocaine patches or the diclofenac gel?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I noticed zero from lidocaine patches. Used 10 or so with no avail. Pain in the ass to keep on too

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I noticed zero from lidocaine patches. Used 10 or so with no avail. Pain in the ass to keep on too
yeah, after reading so many positive reviews I am disappointed. I used the liner from my brace over patch to keep it in place, otherwise you are right-it would never last even close to 12 hours....I hope the diclofenac gel works better!!!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My wife was given Voltaren gel for her knee pain. I think that's how it's spelled.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My wife was given Voltaren gel for her knee pain. I think that's how it's spelled.
yup...diclofenac gel is the generic for voltaren....did it help your wife's knee pain? youngandfree

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
yup...diclofenac gel is the generic for voltaren....did it help your wife's knee pain? youngandfree
Yeah, her's wasn't too bad. She thought she had a torn ligament, and during surgery, they saw there wasn't any tear. Just scar tissue under the knee cap the doc scraped out. So when she used it, it helped.

My buddy has been dealing with an achillies tear for the last 3 years. I've seen a tube of it at his place, but don't think he uses it, not sure why.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am just now healing up from an inflamed Achilles tendon caused by a heel spur. The Voltaren gel helped me quite a bit.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am just now healing up from an inflamed Achilles tendon caused by a heel spur. The Voltaren gel helped me quite a bit.
the patches are worthless, but the voltaren gel IS helping. the effects seem to be cumulative, after using every 4-6 hours for a few days I can tell a significant reduction in pain---when I have to be on my feet for an extended time it starts to hurt, but when I get home and apply the voltaren gel relief comes pretty fast.
Misfit28 have you tried the gel anywhere else!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, her's wasn't too bad. She thought she had a torn ligament, and during surgery, they saw there wasn't any tear. Just scar tissue under the knee cap the doc scraped out. So when she used it, it helped.

My buddy has been dealing with an achillies tear for the last 3 years. I've seen a tube of it at his place, but don't think he uses it, not sure why.
glad it helped your wife, you should tell your buddy to at least give the gel a reasonable trial period!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the patches are worthless, but the voltaren gel IS helping. the effects seem to be cumulative, after using every 4-6 hours for a few days I can tell a significant reduction in pain---when I have to be on my feet for an extended time it starts to hurt, but when I get home and apply the voltaren gel relief comes pretty fast.
Misfit28 have you tried the gel anywhere else!!!
I used to use it on my shoulder, as I have a circumferential tear in my labrum and it helped quite a bit. That got better by shoulder pressing more, instead of less like my doc recommended

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I used to use it on my shoulder, as I have a circumferential tear in my labrum and it helped quite a bit. That got better by shoulder pressing more, instead of less like my doc recommended
I get 4 big 100gram bottles every month so I am going to experiment on my neck and shoulders next time I sleep wrong and get a pulsing headache. I put some on my wife's sore back and she said it didn't help much.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get 4 big 100gram bottles every month so I am going to experiment on my neck and shoulders next time I sleep wrong and get a pulsing headache. I put some on my wife's sore back and she said it didn't help much.
The key is letting it build up to therapeutic levels, that's when it really starts to work.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The key is letting it build up to therapeutic levels, that's when it really starts to work.
that is how it has worked for my knee...but when I get a really bad headache I will try anything-not sure I want to use it all the time on my neck and shoulders since the really bad headaches only happen once in awhile. I even saw where a woman applied voltaren to her temples after getting a migraine and she said it really helped....

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Icy hot with lidocaine. That **** works let me tell you. Then again I was using 3x more than I should have been

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
that is how it has worked for my knee...but when I get a really bad headache I will try anything-not sure I want to use it all the time on my neck and shoulders since the really bad headaches only happen once in awhile. I even saw where a woman applied voltaren to her temples after getting a migraine and she said it really helped....
That's very interesting.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Icy hot with lidocaine. That **** works let me tell you. Then again I was using 3x more than I should have been
tried it, not much effect. the lidocaine patches are 5% and they don't do much either.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
**** when I was dying with my shoulder I'd pour tons on and it would help loads
I have no doubt it worked great for you, and happy to hear it!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried Kratom and BPC157?
what I really need to try is a knee replacement...but the VA is giving me the runaround!!!

but no, I have not tried either of those...

sorry if I sound angry, I am just very frustrated by the GD-- VA!!!!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
what I really need to try is a knee replacement...but the VA is giving me the runaround!!!

While they are ****ing you right up the ars (heard they do that a lot) I'd give kratom and BPC a try. Guys here swear by Kratoms pain relieving abilities and BPC has a lot of healing properties so It could keep it from getting any worse, maybe even make it slightly better.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
While they are ****ing you right up the ars (heard they do that a lot) I'd give kratom and BPC a try. Guys here swear by Kratoms pain relieving abilities and BPC has a lot of healing properties so It could keep it from getting any worse, maybe even make it slightly better.
thank you, I appreciate your helpfulness!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I highly recommend voltaren gel...it only last for around 3 hours per application, but it numbs the pain pretty good for that length of time.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established

Whoa man really? No knee replacement now? That's sucks man!!!

Also, ChocolateClen is right about the Kratom. I've got a log going right now and tagged you for the discussion.

I hope the VA does something for ya man!! That's sh1tty

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Whoa man really? No knee replacement now? That's sucks man!!!

Also, ChocolateClen is right about the Kratom. I've got a log going right now and tagged you for the discussion.

I hope the VA does something for ya man!! That's sh1tty
yeah, trump is right-the VA is a mess. I asked the rep if he had a sample of kratom I could try, but he never responded????

thanks for the response!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
yeah, trump is right-the VA is a mess. I asked the rep if he had a sample of kratom I could try, but he never responded????

thanks for the response!!!
PM me your address brother and I'll send you some Kratom to sample. I'll get it out in a couple days when I can make it to town

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PM me your address brother and I'll send you some Kratom to sample. I'll get it out in a couple days when I can make it to town
pm sent...mighty nice of you, thank you!!!

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
pm sent...mighty nice of you, thank you!!!
Not a problem man I'm happy to help. I'm surprised the boys over at MHK didn't respond. macedog24 and heavyiron are usually on it.

Anyway the new Red Vein Thai they got is amazing

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Not a problem man I'm happy to help. I'm surprised the boys over at MHK didn't respond. macedog24 and heavyiron are usually on it.

Anyway the new Red Vein Thai they got is amazing
I will make sure people hear about results...pain is no fun, but I stopped responding to pain killers at recommended dose, and being a recovering alcoholic did not want to go down the path of upping the dose of pain killers.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I will make sure people hear about results...pain is no fun, but I stopped responding to pain killers at recommended dose, and being a recovering alcoholic did not want to go down the path of upping the dose of pain killers.
I hear you bro... it's a total b1tch if you have substance abuse issues!! This is were I think Kratom is a godsend. I actually first bought some when the FDA was going to ban it to have on hand when my shoulder bursitis flares up... I figured it was better than taking Vicodin since I use to have an opiate addiction. It definitely works for me.

If you could, please post the results on my log so people can see how it helps chronic pain issues

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/milehigh-kratom/289043-mmorso-gets-mile.html

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hear you bro... it's a total b1tch if you have substance abuse issues!! This is were I think Kratom is a godsend. I actually first bought some when the FDA was going to ban it to have on hand when my shoulder bursitis flares up... I figured it was better than taking Vicodin since I use to have an opiate addiction. It definitely works for me.

If you could, please post the results on my log so people can see how it helps chronic pain issues

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/milehigh-kratom/289043-mmorso-gets-mile.html
be happy to.....congrats on overcoming your addiction!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rubbing posion ivy on bone on bone knees helps just as much as lidocaine, in a controlled study... that I just made up

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Rubbing posion ivy on bone on bone knees helps just as much as lidocaine, in a controlled study... that I just made up
I could see rubbing poison ivy from the batman movie on my bone, that would be pretty sweet!!!:sadwavey:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ha Ha! Nothing has changed!

How's ur knee?
the voltaren has helped a lot, it is usually good until afternoon and then it bothers me quite a bit even though I apply several times throughout the day...I missed the window of opportunity this year with the VA screwing around-can't take the time off during my busy months of the year. so I will have to wait until next fall....we do what we gotta do!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've seen this process take a while with the VA, especially with younger patients. You may have to jump through some hoops...

Maybe while you're in your heavy work season, u could still build on ur medical case. For example, if u continue to utilize cortisone shots and participate in physical therapy, and still continue to have pain, it will build your case for the procedure next year.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've seen this process take a while with the VA, especially with younger patients. You may have to jump through some hoops...

Maybe while you're in your heavy work season, u could still build on ur medical case. For example, if u continue to utilize cortisone shots and participate in physical therapy, and still continue to have pain, it will build your case for the procedure next year.
I see what you are saying...but my case has already been made thru x-rays and a mri. I was told it is standard protocol to go thru this routine prior to knee replacement if you are under 60 years old...unfortunately I am 'ONLY' 58, LOL.

it is the VA we are talking about-:pat:

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup you're way too young!!!! Nice problem to have brother!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yup you're way too young!!!! Nice problem to have brother!
lol...I am hoping trump keeps his promise and straightens out the VA....:hammer:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
celc5 how often can I get a cortisone shot? it did help some after I got it the last time but it seems to be wearing off.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 or 4 times per yr should be fine. All docs know not to overdo it. Maybe like if a pro football player got a knee shot every week for a 16 week season, we would be concerned a little about tissue break down

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3 or 4 times per yr should be fine. All docs know not to overdo it. Maybe like if a pro football player got a knee shot every week for a 16 week season, we would be concerned a little about tissue break down
it's been close to 3 months...might see what the doc says---thanks!!!

3GMac

Awards
If you are bone on bone nothing is going to help you. Get a MRI to see how bad you are. I just had a partial right knee replacement 3 months ago was back in gym after a month. If they won't do it for you because if a weight problem lose it you'll be glad you did. Good luck !!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you are bone on bone nothing is going to help you. Get a MRI to see how bad you are. I just had a partial right knee replacement 3 months ago was back in gym after a month. If they won't do it for you because if a weight problem lose it you'll be glad you did. Good luck !!
lol....weight problem?