KNEE SURGERY OPTIONS

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. KNEE SURGERY OPTIONS


    the VA just flat out doesn't want to replace my knee...so this is their option---got cortisone shot in doctors office last Tuesday, today I got lidocaine patches, tomorrow diclofenac 1% topical gel is coming.

    the cortisone injection actually has helped some, it took a lot of the swelling away and increased mobility-still have most of the pain....


    I put 1 of the lidocaine patches on about 3 hours ago, after reading a lot of praise from people who are/have used them I am somewhat disappointed-hopefully they have a cumulative effect..

    I just got thru doing at least an hour of research on the diplofenac gel, I have high expectations for this, user experiences I read are at least 95% favorable with at least moderate pain relief.


    anyone used either the lidocaine patches or the diclofenac gel?
    SIMPLE MAN


  2. I noticed zero from lidocaine patches. Used 10 or so with no avail. Pain in the ass to keep on too
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I noticed zero from lidocaine patches. Used 10 or so with no avail. Pain in the ass to keep on too
    yeah, after reading so many positive reviews I am disappointed. I used the liner from my brace over patch to keep it in place, otherwise you are right-it would never last even close to 12 hours....I hope the diclofenac gel works better!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  4. My wife was given Voltaren gel for her knee pain. I think that's how it's spelled.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    My wife was given Voltaren gel for her knee pain. I think that's how it's spelled.
    yup...diclofenac gel is the generic for voltaren....did it help your wife's knee pain? @youngandfree
    SIMPLE MAN
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    yup...diclofenac gel is the generic for voltaren....did it help your wife's knee pain? @youngandfree
    Yeah, her's wasn't too bad. She thought she had a torn ligament, and during surgery, they saw there wasn't any tear. Just scar tissue under the knee cap the doc scraped out. So when she used it, it helped.

    My buddy has been dealing with an achillies tear for the last 3 years. I've seen a tube of it at his place, but don't think he uses it, not sure why.

  7. I am just now healing up from an inflamed Achilles tendon caused by a heel spur. The Voltaren gel helped me quite a bit.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    I am just now healing up from an inflamed Achilles tendon caused by a heel spur. The Voltaren gel helped me quite a bit.
    the patches are worthless, but the voltaren gel IS helping. the effects seem to be cumulative, after using every 4-6 hours for a few days I can tell a significant reduction in pain---when I have to be on my feet for an extended time it starts to hurt, but when I get home and apply the voltaren gel relief comes pretty fast.
    @Misfit28 have you tried the gel anywhere else!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  9. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Yeah, her's wasn't too bad. She thought she had a torn ligament, and during surgery, they saw there wasn't any tear. Just scar tissue under the knee cap the doc scraped out. So when she used it, it helped.

    My buddy has been dealing with an achillies tear for the last 3 years. I've seen a tube of it at his place, but don't think he uses it, not sure why.
    glad it helped your wife, you should tell your buddy to at least give the gel a reasonable trial period!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  10. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    the patches are worthless, but the voltaren gel IS helping. the effects seem to be cumulative, after using every 4-6 hours for a few days I can tell a significant reduction in pain---when I have to be on my feet for an extended time it starts to hurt, but when I get home and apply the voltaren gel relief comes pretty fast.
    @Misfit28 have you tried the gel anywhere else!!!
    I used to use it on my shoulder, as I have a circumferential tear in my labrum and it helped quite a bit. That got better by shoulder pressing more, instead of less like my doc recommended
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    I used to use it on my shoulder, as I have a circumferential tear in my labrum and it helped quite a bit. That got better by shoulder pressing more, instead of less like my doc recommended
    I get 4 big 100gram bottles every month so I am going to experiment on my neck and shoulders next time I sleep wrong and get a pulsing headache. I put some on my wife's sore back and she said it didn't help much.
    SIMPLE MAN

  12. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    I get 4 big 100gram bottles every month so I am going to experiment on my neck and shoulders next time I sleep wrong and get a pulsing headache. I put some on my wife's sore back and she said it didn't help much.
    The key is letting it build up to therapeutic levels, that's when it really starts to work.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    The key is letting it build up to therapeutic levels, that's when it really starts to work.
    that is how it has worked for my knee...but when I get a really bad headache I will try anything-not sure I want to use it all the time on my neck and shoulders since the really bad headaches only happen once in awhile. I even saw where a woman applied voltaren to her temples after getting a migraine and she said it really helped....
    SIMPLE MAN

  14. Icy hot with lidocaine. That **** works let me tell you. Then again I was using 3x more than I should have been

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    that is how it has worked for my knee...but when I get a really bad headache I will try anything-not sure I want to use it all the time on my neck and shoulders since the really bad headaches only happen once in awhile. I even saw where a woman applied voltaren to her temples after getting a migraine and she said it really helped....
    That's very interesting.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Icy hot with lidocaine. That **** works let me tell you. Then again I was using 3x more than I should have been
    tried it, not much effect. the lidocaine patches are 5% and they don't do much either.
    SIMPLE MAN

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    That's very interesting.
    I thought so too.
    SIMPLE MAN

  18. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    tried it, not much effect. the lidocaine patches are 5% and they don't do much either.
    **** when I was dying with my shoulder I'd pour tons on and it would help loads

  19. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    **** when I was dying with my shoulder I'd pour tons on and it would help loads
    I have no doubt it worked great for you, and happy to hear it!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  20. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    I have no doubt it worked great for you, and happy to hear it!!!
    Have you tried Kratom and BPC157?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Have you tried Kratom and BPC157?
    what I really need to try is a knee replacement...but the VA is giving me the runaround!!!

    but no, I have not tried either of those...


    sorry if I sound angry, I am just very frustrated by the GD-- VA!!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  22. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    what I really need to try is a knee replacement...but the VA is giving me the runaround!!!

    but no, I have not tried either of those...


    sorry if I sound angry, I am just very frustrated by the GD-- VA!!!!
    While they are ****ing you right up the ars (heard they do that a lot) I'd give kratom and BPC a try. Guys here swear by Kratoms pain relieving abilities and BPC has a lot of healing properties so It could keep it from getting any worse, maybe even make it slightly better.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    While they are ****ing you right up the ars (heard they do that a lot) I'd give kratom and BPC a try. Guys here swear by Kratoms pain relieving abilities and BPC has a lot of healing properties so It could keep it from getting any worse, maybe even make it slightly better.
    thank you, I appreciate your helpfulness!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  24. I highly recommend voltaren gel...it only last for around 3 hours per application, but it numbs the pain pretty good for that length of time.
    SIMPLE MAN

  25. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    what I really need to try is a knee replacement...but the VA is giving me the runaround!!!

    but no, I have not tried either of those...


    sorry if I sound angry, I am just very frustrated by the GD-- VA!!!!
    Whoa man really? No knee replacement now? That's sucks man!!!

    Also, @ChocolateClen is right about the Kratom. I've got a log going right now and tagged you for the discussion.

    I hope the VA does something for ya man!! That's sh1tty

  26. Quote Originally Posted by mmorso View Post
    Whoa man really? No knee replacement now? That's sucks man!!!

    Also, @ChocolateClen is right about the Kratom. I've got a log going right now and tagged you for the discussion.

    I hope the VA does something for ya man!! That's sh1tty
    yeah, trump is right-the VA is a mess. I asked the rep if he had a sample of kratom I could try, but he never responded????

    thanks for the response!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  27. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    yeah, trump is right-the VA is a mess. I asked the rep if he had a sample of kratom I could try, but he never responded????

    thanks for the response!!!
    PM me your address brother and I'll send you some Kratom to sample. I'll get it out in a couple days when I can make it to town

  28. Quote Originally Posted by mmorso View Post
    PM me your address brother and I'll send you some Kratom to sample. I'll get it out in a couple days when I can make it to town
    pm sent...mighty nice of you, thank you!!!
    SIMPLE MAN

  29. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    pm sent...mighty nice of you, thank you!!!
    Not a problem man I'm happy to help. I'm surprised the boys over at MHK didn't respond. @macedog24 and @heavyiron are usually on it.

    Anyway the new Red Vein Thai they got is amazing

  30. Quote Originally Posted by mmorso View Post
    Not a problem man I'm happy to help. I'm surprised the boys over at MHK didn't respond. @macedog24 and @heavyiron are usually on it.

    Anyway the new Red Vein Thai they got is amazing
    I will make sure people hear about results...pain is no fun, but I stopped responding to pain killers at recommended dose, and being a recovering alcoholic did not want to go down the path of upping the dose of pain killers.
    SIMPLE MAN
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Squats after Knee surgery?
    By itzgambino in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 12:17 PM
  3. Program for post knee surgery
    By evanpiercey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM
  4. Torn meniscus(knee surgery)
    By Manwhore in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 08:27 PM
  5. reconstructive knee surgery tommorow
    By institutional in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Log in
Log in