Anyone understand thyroid results?

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
I need a little help interpreting my labs... I've got mixed opinion on the results and plan to have more done because the tests I got weren't enough. But here's my results.
TSH- 2.590 range .45 - 4.500
T4- 8.3 range 4.5 - 12.0
T3 uptake- 28% range 24 - 39
Free T4- 2.3 range 1.2 - 4.9

Thanks in advance!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May I suggest using this app to track your bloodwork tests:

myBloodTracker
https://appsto.re/us/vvMndb.i

-All tests stored locally on your iPhone/iPad
-Features over 200 blood tests with customizable ranges and units.
-Full male/female hormone panels

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
All I know is from those numbers (very similar to mine actually) my doc would put you on 25 - 50mcg of t4 after saying you are hypo. She believes those "reference range" numbers are crap. And I agree. Two other doctors said I was fine w thyroid but she put me on a little t4 and boom, much better.
Don't stop seeing doctors until you get what You want. If you Think/Feel* you are hypo, then find a doc that will take you serious. After all, they should be treating patients, not numbers. Not everyone falls into the regular range.

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
I agree I have lots of the signs and symptoms and mentioned to my endo who totally disregard it. Lower body temp thinner outer eyebrows depressed sometimes cold feeling very tired no matter how much I sleep... gets very expensive making multiple appointments lol why do docs act so ignorant??

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any updates, OP?

I've got secondary or tertiary thyroid issues and have been on levothyroxine (started at 50mcg, at 137mcg now) for years and was even on 25mcg T3 for a bit, as well.

I would be curious what your total and free T3 levels were, also (that's what I always liked to see along with T4).

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
No updates yet should have one at least by the end of the month at the latest