AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Help with laptop

About a week ago I noticed my laptop battery was not charging. When it is plugged in, the battery icon shows that the AC adapter is plugged in, but does not charge. When I unplug the adapter and plug it back in, it will charge for about 10 seconds and then stops, but again the icon shows the adapter is plugged in.

I took it to my local Geek Squad, they tried their adapter and it would not turn it, the battery was completely dead at this point. They suggested it was the battery. I purchased one and installed it today.

The new battery does the same exact thing. I did some reading it found it could be two other things:

1. The AC Adapter. Mine is not that old, I had to replace my original. Also, the one they used a the store would not even power the laptop.
2. A short circuit in the Power Charging Port. Now if this is the case, I'm screwed. Would it be worth replacing? Is it difficult to do?

If it is number two, I'll be at a loss for words. The laptop is literally 32 months old. I bought it when my laptop of 9 years when on me two years ago. This laptop has been an issue though. 11 months into it, the harddrive completely went, we determined it was a lemon. The manufacturer covered it, but that is something that should not happen in less than a year. if this is a hardware problem, I am no longer going to do business with Asus.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I had to guess it'll be something on the motherboard, why? Because I had the same thing happen to my old one. I'm no tech expert tho. All I know is replacing stuff inside a laptop is extremely difficult

Eldthursar

Eldthursar

Awards
If I had to guess it'll be something on the motherboard, why? Because I had the same thing happen to my old one. I'm no tech expert tho. All I know is replacing stuff inside a laptop is extremely difficult
Yep. Probably blown power circuit on the MOBO. Does it have any frisbee like qualities? If it is the MOBO that'll be all its good for.