Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I want to leave this vague so no form of "nerdiness" feels left out

Share your secret nerdy pleasures,
Share photos, stories, high scores, game or show talk, old cartoon favourites, whatever!

Just nerd out

*please tag in fellow anabolic-minded nerds

Promotional Twist!
For a well done post that really shows off some nerdy pride I will put up prizes.

Top Prize: 2x SNS X-gels sealed bottles

(If you want to add your own I'll pin your name and prize to this post as well)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My nerdy pleasures include..
-comic book collection
-saint seita anime action figures that I nervously showed my back then girlfriend (now wife) and she geeked out with me. :) so she was the one haha!
-left leg tattoos of comic characters. (Working progress)
-rpg/adventure video games.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
January = late Xmas gift month

Just in the mail:
IMG_1483568475.932002.jpg

Will be added to the small army of figures around our place here

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Huuuuuge vidja game nerd here?

Anything from FPS to RPG, I'm game (no pun intended). Started with SNES, and probably won't stop till I'm dead, haha!

Interesting stories...hm, there's a bunch from XBL in high school. Halo 3 custom games/forge mode, GoW 2 private matches going on for hours, FO3 while in a party and we're all running the same quest...the list goes on. Most recently been on a BF1 kick with work friends. Plenty of good times with that!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good idea here! My nerdiest would have to be comic books. Also do some gaming as time allows, just modded a raspberry pi and been rolling through the classics.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Marvel or DC?

Wait that might get violent

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a stat nerd and fell in love with dfs bc of it, (FanDuel, DraftKings etc). I spend pretty much all my time outside the gym reading in depth status statically data regarding everything sports related. Pretty much concentrate my efforts on football and hoops as they are my two favorite sports but I dabble in hockey and golf from time to time too.

Also if this didn't make me nerdy enough I'm a crazy sci-if nerd, doesn't matter how bad it is, see some of Netflix selections, I'll watch and enjoy

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I love RPGs. Anyone remember runescape from back in the day? I had a paid subscription to get the fancy "premium members only" servers lol.
Hmm a few of my other favorites:
Elder scrolls: oblivion, All of the fallouts since 3 came out, Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, and of course skyrim. I also love FPS too. I was 10th prestige on modern warfare 2 when it was still the hottest cod.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Geeze. Where do I even start. Video games is obvious. Pulled many all nighters playing games. Went to several midnight releases for halo games.
Did the whole comic book scene through out high school. Loved reading those. Huge Star Wars fan. Kids name is Luke. Love me some Harry Potter too. Went to every midnight release of the books when I was younger. Saw every movie the day they came out. When I was in college the first time it was for computer programming.

Even though I'm grown up now I still get my nerd on. My friend and I talk comics, Star Wars, marvel/dc, all the time. We get into arguments about it too. Lol. When on bike patrol we would stop atleast once a week to the comic shops downtown. You know for public relations. Lol. I still watch my anime shows, read the occasional comic book and any time Harry Potter or Star Wars is on I'll watch it. I love being a nerd at heart. It's nice to act like a child sometimes and argue who shot first, Han or greedo.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I love RPGs. Anyone remember runescape from back in the day? I had a paid subscription to get the fancy "premium members only" servers lol.
Hmm a few of my other favorites:
Elder scrolls: oblivion, All of the fallouts since 3 came out, Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, and of course skyrim. I also love FPS too. I was 10th prestige on modern warfare 2 when it was still the hottest cod.
So much in common.
Everything mentioned minus COD:MW, I stopped after COD 1-2 and got into faster paced shooters. I do very well under pressure, best level in every online shooter I've played is the free for all playlist.

I even enjoyed Unreal Tournament back on original Xbox, explosions and madness everywhere

Runescape was a colossal waste of my life in retrospect but it was fun as hell at the time

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll post up here later. I'm an old school nerd ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Our bookshelves are populated by assorted nerdyness

IMG_1483572349.044749.jpg

The plate, you'll see better below, was handmade by Klutzy for me last year, who can name the maps?

IMG_1483572397.268428.jpg

IMG_1483572404.939530.jpg

IMG_1483572417.545915.jpg

IMG_1483572425.050446.jpg

IMG_1483572435.912499.jpg

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Middle Earth from LOTR and Hyrule from Zelda?
Yeah they were easy, weren't they lol

I have one more somewhere hiding, Fallout map from the original

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Runescape was a colossal waste of my life in retrospect but it was fun as hell at the time
This is so accurate. I don't even want to know how much time I've wasted on these type of games that just suck you in.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Kudos if you can share a picture of your collection, or one favourite thing

But also be mindful of sharing images of your valuables online... Internet intelligently

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have an original artwork from the hobbit somewhere. It's from the good hobbit not the new ones. It's a picture of Bilbo in smaugs den. It's cool. I'll have to see what nerdy stuff I can rummage up. Do original power ranger or tmnt action figures count?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Everything nerdy counts here

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have an original artwork from the hobbit somewhere. It's from the good hobbit not the new ones. It's a picture of Bilbo in smaugs den. It's cool. I'll have to see what nerdy stuff I can rummage up. Do original power ranger or tmnt action figures count?
Dude, are they the giant turtles from the 90s?

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Let's see. Haven't really played video games since Forza 3, just kind of lost the interest to make time.

Started playing Dungeons and Dragons at 13 and played for years. Recently started playing again with my gf and another couple we like to game with every couple weeks. Or play Magic the Gathering, or a random board game. Always enjoyed RPGs to some degree.

I love learning more about training, and PED usage, and I definitely get off on strength programming to a nerdy degree.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pokémon + Ninja Turtles:

I'm a big Pokémon fan. I play GO, and still have my Pikachu/Pichu GBC with the Gen 1 & 2 games.

I'm also a DBZ fan, and watched some of Super. I think it's being dubbed in English soon, which is better than subtitles. I drew this a while ago:

Also a big Deadpool fan, but don't actually have any comics (I mostly just go online). Here's a pumpkin I carved for Halloween:

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Marvel or DC?

Wait that might get violent
D.C. Guy now, batman is my fav. Growing up I was really into Spider-Man though so have a soft spot in my heart for marvel. Also the xmen animated series was awesome back in the day. Close second to batman he animated series for me

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I love my super nintendo.

I just got a raspberry pie which is a credit card size computer and its used for retro gaming so i'm probably going to sell my collection so i can use the money to build an arcade with it.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. I only have the 6" ones. what are you talking about?
I remember playing at my cousins with like 14" Ninja Turtles from the early 90s. Exact same joint movements as 6" just huge... They did the same thing with the Animated X-men figures, but those were like 10" or 12".

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I just got a raspberry pie which is a credit card size computer and its used for retro gaming so i'm probably going to sell my collection so i can use the money to build an arcade with it.
The pie is amazing. It's more work to make it a cabinet but would be totally worth it

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The pie is amazing. It's more work to make it a cabinet but would be totally worth it
it wont help that i have zero skills or tools LOL. I wont start until i get my own place or find a place of my own though. Unless I do a mini arcade, or barcade like some call it.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it wont help that i have zero skills or tools LOL. I wont start until i get my own place or find a place of my own though. Unless I do a mini arcade, or barcade like some call it.
That's cool, hook that bad boy up and start playing now with a USB controller! Google "lifehacker retropie"

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
1483579529978.jpg

Set of Pokémon christmas tree ornaments that were supposed to be a Christmas present for Driven.

Hoping to get them done by next Christmas lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
Ha oh man sailor moon and tuxedo mask?!

Pretty sure sailor moon and Kimberly (pink power ranger) were tied for my first crushes.
Yea I was obsessed as a kid!

Every Christmas so far Dylan has gotten me something (or a couple somethings) Sailor Moon related. Last year was a pack of socks of the Sailor Scouts and these little pendants from different series'.
This year he got me a Luna sweater with the ears and face on the hood! ☺ (#adulting?) Tuxedo mask pop figure, and coffee mugs. My mom even got in on the sailor moon gifts this year haha.
Was not complaining!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My few biggest nerdy loves:
DBZ
Pokémon (especially squirtle)
Any of the Gundams (especially fundamental wing... death scythe hell was my jam)
Everything dinosaurs (raptors ftw)
Star Wars

Some items from around the house:
IMG_1483583447.168935.jpgIMG_1483583465.051767.jpg
IMG_1483583617.178474.jpg
The slippers my gf bought me today: IMG_1483583916.637138.jpg

I used to have all the dbz action figures and gundam build kits but I got rid of most of them when I moved from my old 3br house into a 1br apartment... now I wish I still had them cuz I've got the space again... guess I'll have to acquire new ones ha

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea I was obsessed as a kid!

Every Christmas so far Dylan has gotten me something (or a couple somethings) Sailor Moon related. Last year was a pack of socks of the Sailor Scouts and these little pendants from different series'.
This year he got me a Luna sweater with the ears and face on the hood! ☺ (#adulting?) Tuxedo mask pop figure, and coffee mugs. My mom even got in on the sailor moon gifts this year haha.
Was not complaining!
Pffffftttt forget being an adult. It's too much fun to enjoy life ;)

My mom wants me to have kids like last year (literally begs me and my gf at holidays... it's kinda awkward ha). The last few weeks I've sent her pictures of the baby Pokémon I hatched.
IMG_1483584247.040456.jpgIMG_1483584258.625070.jpgIMG_1483584268.151768.jpgIMG_1483584278.226590.jpgIMG_1483584286.409765.jpg

I think I finally broke her haha

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Harry Potter nerd checking in ?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Harry Potter nerd checking in ?
Aw man how did I forget Harry???

Had an inside hookup (aunt who worked at a bookstore) who got me each book almost a month early.

Bought the gf tix to Harry Potter world for our 3rd anniversary (but sadly haven't had a chance to go yet... it's been 1.5yr :()

KlutzyLifter

KlutzyLifter

Awards
Aw man how did I forget Harry???

Had an inside hookup (aunt who worked at a bookstore) who got me each book almost a month early.

Bought the gf tix to Harry Potter world for our 3rd anniversary (but sadly haven't had a chance to go yet... it's been 1.5yr :()
My dad and stepmom waited until my step sister and I had both moved out...then they went to the Harry Potter park without us.
I'm still not over it

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Broad spectrum nerd here. Really used to be into WOW but got out of it after Cataclysm. Love everything comic book related. Used to be a major Marvel buff and not care a ton about DC but I really love DC now, with Iron Man and Flash being my favorites from each side, specifically Barry Allen. Have so much comic stuff in the house it's kind of crazy not to mention 90 percent of the clothes I wear have some super hero on them. My father in law hates it and always tries to convince me to change my wardrobe which makes me a thousand times more determined to keep it. I'll try to get up a few pics tomorrow of some things if I remember.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Im a total comic nerd and proud of it i love marvel avengers and x-men are my favorite i have 2 young sons kaiden thor and axel hulk they're bedroom is all avengers i also have 2 tats IMG_20150725_192253-600x1067.jpg20160828_085822_1472400011432-1-600x955.jpg
That represent my sons
In also a huge thunder cats and g.i.joe fan i record and watch g.i.joe still to this day

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My dad and stepmom waited until my step sister and I had both moved out...then they went to the Harry Potter park without us.
I'm still not over it
Cruel. Just cruel.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That thunder cats comment made me remember two other great loves:

Voltron and transformers.

I burnt through the new Netflix voltron (next season might be out by now too or very soon if not) in two days after work in my hotel ha

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's some of our Funko Pops. We have more scattered in kids rooms, game room, etc.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
That thunder cats comment made me remember two other great loves:

Voltron and transformers.

I burnt through the new Netflix voltron (next season might be out by now too or very soon if not) in two days after work in my hotel ha
Transformers is another fave i love the movies

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Sub'd! I'll have to contribute when I'm more awake...

muskate

muskate

Awards
I still collection pokemon cards...

I don't care what anyone says. It truly is a great game. Everyone needs something to turn off their brain and unwind each day.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Well when you go to sell hit me up. I'd love to get a few more games. Especially those dbz games!!
But you are missing some of the hardest games ever. Lion king and Aladdin. You haven't lived until you beat the wait to be king level or hakuna matata. Plus flying the magic carpet out is a b!tch too.
I still collection pokemon cards...

I don't care what anyone says. It truly is a great game. Everyone needs something to turn off their brain and unwind each day.
I can believe I forgot about Pokemon. Let me go get my Charizard holo!

KingLeonidas9

KingLeonidas9

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well when you go to sell hit me up. I'd love to get a few more games. Especially those dbz games!!
But you are missing some of the hardest games ever. Lion king and Aladdin. You haven't lived until you beat the wait to be king level or hakuna matata. Plus flying the magic carpet out is a b!tch too.

I can believe I forgot about Pokemon. Let me go get my Charizard holo!
I got those 2 plus about 20 more that not pictured lol.
Sure, ill take some pictures this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using AnabolicMinds mobile app

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got those 2 plus about 20 more that not pictured lol.
Sure, ill take some pictures this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using AnabolicMinds mobile app
That's awesome man. When my parents divorced all my snes stuff went missing. Didn't realize it until a few years ago when I went looking for it. We only have maybe ten games now. Sad.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Driven2lift Company Promotions 0
Supplement Logs 8
Jayhawkk General Chat 6