Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. Wow! All of these responses made me remember a few things.
    1. How did i miss pokemon!? I still play it to this day. Currently playing yellow version virtual on the ds
    2. My pog career was short lived. :/ kid down the street owned me.
    3. I had a huge 3 ring binder with all my x-men trading cards. More than half were stolen at school one day and i never recovered them.

2. Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks
    My gf thinks I'm the weirdest person on earth... My idea of "fun reading" on vacations: medical journals, studies, and other scholarly articles haha. I have a kindle thats literally nothing but scientific fat loss studies and books.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
    Sparta Nutrition Product Rep - www.spartanutrition.com
    Use code ZEUS15 for 15% off your order
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I'm with you guys on the med articles lol.

Back when I was trying to figure out what was going on before the pituitary tumor was found and none of the docs I saw had much urgency, I would pick up medical textbooks that I found on sale lol.
    •   

6. Haha it is, according to my friends anyway. Over new year a group of friends and I were playing touch on the beach and one of my friends was surprised I could play well, given that I read in my spare time lol.

I find I have a good balance between sports, gym, DIY and book knowledge to keep me from being compartmentalised into any one thing, it's just funny what others think of you
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Very funny what people can assume

Doubt people would guess these BB guys to have serious nerd collections at home, but the AM community proves itself awesome yet again
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

8. I agree with @Jiigzz I'm like a jack of all trades. I could dress up for comic con and feel at home. I could go and play a pick up game (any sport) and play well. I am a big DIY guy. Right now I'm learning woodworking. Just built a lazy Susan for my kids shoes and I'm about to build some benches for the front porch. That I built
    I love to read. It can be anything from Tolkien to the latest bb article
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Front doorway, to ward off solicitors

IMG_1483652588.127512.jpg
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Current Calendar:

IMG_1483652619.492950.jpg

Cookie Guard:

IMG_1483652630.047915.jpg

Current Puzzle:

IMG_1483652719.493171.jpg

And last but not least my typewriter

IMG_1483652755.543102.jpg

Klutzy and I both write

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.
    Upvote for BF1/Skyrim lol

And I really want to start listening to podcasts/lectures on my commutes. I have a VERY lengthy drive ahead of me (UK to Italy) at the end of next month, so I could use some recommendations on sports science/training lectures and podcasts.
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

A few Halloweens:

Marv seems the most appropriate for this thread, but he is accompanied by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) from Caddyshack, and Detective Angel Batista from Dexter.

Not pictured are Chris Pratt's character from Jurassic World, out of work Ron Burgundy, Red Foo from LMFAO, and Axe Cop.

13. That angel Batista costume is on point

14. @drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show
    Brand Ambassador/Board rep looking for a new home and help increase your presence
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    @drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show
    Thanks brother, had a great time in the Athletix role

16. Host is kind of goofy but seems like a good guy 😀
    Brand Ambassador/Board rep looking for a new home and help increase your presence

17. I'm not really nerdy anymore, back in the day I was huge in to Pokémon, still have red, blue, emerald green, and another (fire red?) somewhere.

Handful of years ago I sold my yu-gi-oh card set for 500+ dollars, put the money towards a guitar haven't looked back.

I still play my dads old original game boy games, I'm in love with radar mission. By far one of the greatest games ever. Then there's nemesis (believe that's what it's called, been a while with college).

Used to play spyro (the little purple dragon). I have all the games from the PS1 to the most recent PS3 game. I used to sit down and play it with my dad when I was younger. Miss those days a lot.

A while back I dabbled in WoW, wasn't really my thing. I prefer games like Kerbal Space Program, empire total war etc now. Recently picked up castle story off steam, good game to kill time on, needs some work tho.

Can't forget Skyrim, and Battlefield. Still play those from time to time but I don't have next gen tech so I can't really play much more. Just cant afford the upgrade being in college.

Oh yeah can't forget about minecraft and terraria either...

I play a lot of board games that are Harry Potter or LotR based. Though I play a lot of board games in general tbh. Except monopoly, my family would probably kill eachother if we played that... But that's about it for my nerdyness. I geek out when talking about supplements and the gym with people tho.

I spend more time reading about gym related stuff than I do studying for college. Can't help it, it's just enjoyable. Most people can't read through journal studies or lab reports but I kinda like them. Guess that's why I became a personal trainer, just enjoyed talking to people about the gym.

As for collections, Calvin and Hobbes decorate my room and my laptop wallpaper. I change the wallpaper to match with the seasons... I have every single Calvin and Hobbes book known to man that I could get my hands on when I was younger. Same goes for The Far Side Gallery and Dilbert...

Lego set collection as well, mostly Star Wars but also some mars stuff and TONS of castle set stuff from a castle series legs did. Just picked up a collectible Beatles Yellow Submarine.

Other things that adorn my room walls include 3 glued together picture mosaic Peanuts puzzles. An old callender from 2013, a tag wall (take tags from stuff I buy and pin it up there, includes Corona, coke, Pepsi, alpinestars, tags from places I've been, Star Wars tags from shirts, Harry Potter tags, and many more).

I also have a huge Star Wars collection of books and logo sets with Star Wars colectable bookends (3751 out of 5000 made).

18. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    January = late Xmas gift month

Just in the mail:
    Attachment 143851

Will be added to the small army of figures around our place here
    You have any good Bioshock stuff? I went so far as a tattoo over that game

19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You have any good Bioshock stuff? I went so far as a tattoo over that game
    Neither of us really played much Bioshock when it was released but it's on our list of "Games We Need to Play"

20. how did we all forget legos? @ChocolateClen bringing maybe the greatest treasure of all time into play!

To this day I would (and most likely could) build anything out of legos. When I was like 6 I build a fully functioning gun (complete with moving slide and cocking hammer) that would actually shoot other legos out of it. And this was before all the fancy new pieces they have and motors and such. Just blocks, a few special pieces, and some rubber bands ha. My mom knew I was destined for an engineering career after that one.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - [email protected] .com
    Sparta Nutrition Product Rep - www.spartanutrition.com
    Use code ZEUS15 for 15% off your order

21. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    how did we all forget legos? @ChocolateClen bringing maybe the greatest treasure of all time into play!

To this day I would (and most likely could) build anything out of legos. When I was like 6 I build a fully functioning gun (complete with moving slide and cocking hammer) that would actually shoot other legos out of it. And this was before all the fancy new pieces they have and motors and such. Just blocks, a few special pieces, and some rubber bands ha. My mom knew I was destined for an engineering career after that one.
    Excellent, I was more of a Lincoln logs type of guy
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    Excellent, I was more of a Lincoln logs type of guy
    Don't forget K'nex!

23. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Don't forget K'nex!
    I actually never used those...

Lincoln longs were the **** tho. I used to take the small logs and make little cannons out of them by stacking one on top of the other, and then making army guys charge the cannons were they would all end up dead because my cannons were accurate af

24. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post

And last but not least my typewriter

IMG_1483652755.543102.jpg

Klutzy and I both write

Very cool! I've been looking for one to buy.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Very cool! I've been looking for one to buy.
    A lot easier to source parts than I thought, if you are after a vintage one

26. Quote Originally Posted by sparks2012 View Post
    Upvote for BF1/Skyrim lol

And I really want to start listening to podcasts/lectures on my commutes. I have a VERY lengthy drive ahead of me (UK to Italy) at the end of next month, so I could use some recommendations on sports science/training lectures and podcasts.
    Westside Barbell Podcast. Louie Simmons is crazy, and he talks at 100mph to keep up with his thoughts, but he is a true warrior. That mf'er has forgotten more stuff about strength training than I've learned.

If you learn nothing, his ferocity will still inspire you to train harder.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

27. Podcasts I listen to rooster teeth, jocko podcast and a few others
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ok so I did say there was a prize,

IMG_1484105872.565051.jpg

I'll pick on Friday, if your post got love from AM (likes) or a picture included, you get bonus considerations

29. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Ok so I did say there was a prize,

IMG_1484105872.565051.jpg

I'll pick on Friday, if your post got love from AM (likes) or a picture included, you get bonus considerations
    Damn I forgot the photos, oh well too late now, think that would be cheating.
  30. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Never too late, and the prize is just for fun.

Hopefully to get some more nerds to step forward
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any Olympic Lifters?
    By Ibanez in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM
  2. an experienced lifter looking at an SD cycle.
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 11:51 PM
  3. Summer is around the corner!
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:00 PM
  4. Lifters unite! IRC channel.
    By Flavor in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 06:09 PM