Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Page 3 of 14 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by blueline438 View Post
    That's awesome man. When my parents divorced all my snes stuff went missing. Didn't realize it until a few years ago when I went looking for it. We only have maybe ten games now. Sad.
    That hit a nerve with me! We moved around a lot when I was a kid, and in one of them my mom threw out a long box with a majority of my comics. I had some really old Spider-Man, first pressings of xmen, lots of good Spider-Man stuff from the early nineties. I've seen some of the stuff I had on display at cons for hundreds of dollars. Don't think I'll ever be able to throw anything away ever lol

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

If Tolkien counts, then I'm definitely in lol. I have all the regular and extended editions of all the films. Saw all 3 LOTR and Hobbit films in theaters (in iMAX and/or 3D whenever I had access, too; and a few midnight showings).

Haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, but have seen all the movies (only started watching them in college because a girl I had a crush on was a fan -- go figure lol). But I really enjoyed them. Just saw Fantastic Beasts the other week and absolutely loved all the creatures. Felt like a little kid.

Pokemon took off after my time, but I still have TONS of baseball/basketball cards tucked away and had a lot of Starting Lineups, too.

Also (sadly lol) went through a phase with pogs and Beanie Babies...smh.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
    •   

3. Pogs. Omg. How could I forget pogs. I had some awesome slammers. A few giant fat ones and one that was rubber and smelled like berries. Remember the tubes to keep the pogs together. I had like three of the big ones. Lol. This is the best thread ever.

4. I've got a ton of RPGs. I've played D & D since the Basic edition. I'm proud to say I've played all editions released thus far, and I also used to be into White Wolf LARP as well. I've also participated in boffer weapon LARPs as well.

I'll put up some pics of all my gaming books when I get a chance.

Never got much into Pokemon, but also love Tolkien and read mostly fantasy novels (my favorites are Ed Greenwood and R.A. Salvatore of Forgotten Realms fame). I also like horror and am a big Stephen King, Clive Barker and Neil Gaiman fan.

And, of course, Game of Thrones. I just wish George R.R. Martin would hurry up and release his next book!

Also a huge Walking Dead fan.

5. Quote Originally Posted by blueline438 View Post
    Pogs. Omg. How could I forget pogs. I had some awesome slammers. A few giant fat ones and one that was rubber and smelled like berries. Remember the tubes to keep the pogs together. I had like three of the big ones. Lol. This is the best thread ever.
    Dude! I had the blueberry rubber slammer too haha. I didn't have quite that many logs but def a tube or two.

Still have a ton of Pokémon cards sitting at my moms house back in pitt. I'll have to see what's there next time i go home as I know I had some awesome ones.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Dude! I had the blueberry rubber slammer too haha. I didn't have quite that many logs but def a tube or two.

Still have a ton of Pokémon cards sitting at my moms house back in pitt. I'll have to see what's there next time i go home as I know I had some awesome ones.
    Thing was awesome. That rubber made for a great slammer. Lol. I know I don't have any one those left.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

8. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    That hit a nerve with me! We moved around a lot when I was a kid, and in one of them my mom threw out a long box with a majority of my comics. I had some really old Spider-Man, first pressings of xmen, lots of good Spider-Man stuff from the early nineties. I've seen some of the stuff I had on display at cons for hundreds of dollars. Don't think I'll ever be able to throw anything away ever lol
    Same boat! When my parents split most of my childhood stuff stayed at my dad's house. When he sold it when I was in high school a bunch of my stuff was just never seen again (like my set of Nancy Drew books and my whole first 150 set of Pokémon cards).

9. As games advance, I continue to live in the past...Tecmo bowl baby!

classic.jpg
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio

10. Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    As games advance, I continue to live in the past...Tecmo bowl baby!

classic.jpg
    Zig zag baby. TD everytime!

11. Wow! All of these responses made me remember a few things.
    1. How did i miss pokemon!? I still play it to this day. Currently playing yellow version virtual on the ds
    2. My pog career was short lived. :/ kid down the street owned me.
    3. I had a huge 3 ring binder with all my x-men trading cards. More than half were stolen at school one day and i never recovered them.

12. Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    If reading is nerdy I'm in that club as well. Though my books are less pretty for our shelves so they hide lol

A lot of textbooks
    My gf thinks I'm the weirdest person on earth... My idea of "fun reading" on vacations: medical journals, studies, and other scholarly articles haha. I have a kindle thats literally nothing but scientific fat loss studies and books.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I'm with you guys on the med articles lol.

Back when I was trying to figure out what was going on before the pituitary tumor was found and none of the docs I saw had much urgency, I would pick up medical textbooks that I found on sale lol.

16. Haha it is, according to my friends anyway. Over new year a group of friends and I were playing touch on the beach and one of my friends was surprised I could play well, given that I read in my spare time lol.

I find I have a good balance between sports, gym, DIY and book knowledge to keep me from being compartmentalised into any one thing, it's just funny what others think of you
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels for strength, Focus XT for mental performance & Joint Support XT for pain free mobility
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Very funny what people can assume

Doubt people would guess these BB guys to have serious nerd collections at home, but the AM community proves itself awesome yet again

18. I agree with @Jiigzz I'm like a jack of all trades. I could dress up for comic con and feel at home. I could go and play a pick up game (any sport) and play well. I am a big DIY guy. Right now I'm learning woodworking. Just built a lazy Susan for my kids shoes and I'm about to build some benches for the front porch. That I built
    I love to read. It can be anything from Tolkien to the latest bb article
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Front doorway, to ward off solicitors

IMG_1483652588.127512.jpg
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Nerdy Lifters' Corner

Current Calendar:

IMG_1483652619.492950.jpg

Cookie Guard:

IMG_1483652630.047915.jpg

Current Puzzle:

IMG_1483652719.493171.jpg

And last but not least my typewriter

IMG_1483652755.543102.jpg

Klutzy and I both write

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Wow cool thread.

I no longer consider myself a true gaming/collectibles nerd, given I now have zero collectibles. I sold a Yi Gi Oh deck for near $500 and that was the end of it all. When i was younger I used to collect magazines and comics of all sorts, play the MMOs of the day (runescape, WOW etc). I still have a sega megasystem and ps1 but that's about it.

I still play a games from time to time, BF1 mostly or the remastered skyrim if I have more time to kill.

Still a huge book nerd, and read 1 journal article per day, and 2 if I have the time. Starting using my work commutes to listen to podcasts and lectures.
    Upvote for BF1/Skyrim lol

And I really want to start listening to podcasts/lectures on my commutes. I have a VERY lengthy drive ahead of me (UK to Italy) at the end of next month, so I could use some recommendations on sports science/training lectures and podcasts.
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

A few Halloweens:

Marv seems the most appropriate for this thread, but he is accompanied by Stone Cold Steve Austin, Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) from Caddyshack, and Detective Angel Batista from Dexter.

Not pictured are Chris Pratt's character from Jurassic World, out of work Ron Burgundy, Red Foo from LMFAO, and Axe Cop.

23. That angel Batista costume is on point
    Vein Nutrition Forum Rep IG-The_One_BD438
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Blue10 for 10% off your order

24. @drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show
    www.youtube.com keyword SuppTalk Radio
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by double s View Post
    @drive2lift, I heard your interview on SuppTalk last year, excellent show
    Thanks brother, had a great time in the Athletix role
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any Olympic Lifters?
    By Ibanez in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 02:13 PM
  2. an experienced lifter looking at an SD cycle.
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
  3. Summer is around the corner!
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 05:00 PM
  4. Lifters unite! IRC channel.
    By Flavor in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2003, 05:09 PM