When to start a cycle and what to use?

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Hey,

So I bet this has been already hit upon 100rds of times, if so I apologize. I have been always curious about cycling in general. I am a powerlifter/strongman by trade so I am already, fat strong I guess is what you call it. I just barely started training again after coming back from an injury.

When would you recommend I start a cycle. Lets face it, if I want to be competitive in either realm this is really the only option, since everyone else is doing it who's on a professional level. Would you recommend hitting a certain body composition, BF% or a certain pull weight (500-600 deadlift/squat for example) also what would the forum recommend to use and how would one cycle off without getting the dreaded bitch tits. (Gyno)

Sorry again, I wont lie this is something pretty new to me. In Vermont there isn't alot of resources.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
First off how old are you and what are your stats and current lifts?

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
As of January im turning 26. So I know im at the age where my Test levels are dropping. I am 5'11" about 300. I recently just started training again after being away for six months due to an injury. (Before my injury I was pulling about six for dead and squat and about two to three for bench. ) my big three lifts are currently DL 1rm is probably about 375-400 (after being back for a week yay. ) Bench 1RM is much more pathetic about 190-205. And my squat is the same as my deadlift. They haven't parted ways yet. Lol

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up, I'm no pro because I'm about to start my first cycle too, but the higher body fat % you are, the higher the chance of sides like gyno. Proper use of an AI such as Aromasin or Arimidex can minimize this risk, but it would still be highly recommended to lose body fat first. A simple testosterone only cycle is good for a first cycle.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Just a heads up, I'm no pro because I'm about to start my first cycle too, but the higher body fat % you are, the higher the chance of sides like gyno. Proper use of an AI such as Aromasin or Arimidex can minimize this risk, but it would still be highly recommended to lose body fat first. A simple testosterone only cycle is good for a first cycle.
Thank you, I saw that as well. My chest for my weight doesnt actually have an tremendous amount of fat on it, compared to my gut. Lol. So I was curious if it was based on total fat% or more likely if you have a high fat% in your chest.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Nah it's based on total fat. Fat cells are secretory meaning they play a hormone production/releasing role (primarily estrogen). The more fat cells you have, the more estrogen your body will produce and vice versus, it doesn't matter where they are located.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Well, good thing I am trying to cutt currently. This post is more directed at when would be smart to start a cycle. I know realistically if I want to reach the pinnacle of my sport, I will need to utilize some cycle. So what BF would you recommend, and a guesstimation is okay, I plan on doing as much study as possible and to reach as high as I can naturally before gear becomes utilized.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Well if it means anything to you I am also into powerlifting and would like to be competitive at least on the local level. You are a hell of a lot stronger than me in the squat and deadlift, but maybe set a goal for yourself to bench 275 and cut down some body fat to around 18% or so and then start thinking of a cycle. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk more about it

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
How is your bench so low?

When I started lifting I was 6' 278lbs I was big and fat yes but not much of a big gut that stands out I carried my weight very well. So I began doing a 5x5 3x a week full body split and my bench just skyrocketed and my squat took forever to come up. I always attributed this having to squat all my fat ass too but after 2 years my squat is so inconsistent I can sometimes rep 315 for a few sets and sometimes 225 feels so heavy. My squat 1RM is 355ish and my bench max is 375. I've hit 5x5 315 on bench and can't even do that with squata and the way I see how I'm built i believe I look like I can squat much more I have some pretty big legs. Also I've been lifting for 2.5 years consecutively but did have a shoulder problem for a few months that cost my bench some progression but nothing on the legs side.

VTGhoul

VTGhoul

Awards
Honestly I have no idea why my chest is so low. I started originally with Mark Rippetoes starting strength, then slowly transitioned to one of Layne Nortons programs. I have even moved and done 5/3/1. All of these programs were awesome but my squat and deadlift has always been much higher then my bench. The program I am on now, is rectifying the problem (i believe so anyways), but its a slow grow for my chest. I friggin hate it.