What's everyone's EDC?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What your preferred every day carry? Can be anything or a combination of things.

Since I'm at college and can't edc a firearm, here's mine:
599 XT Fox Karambit
Utility knife: DART knife made by Fox Knives

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What your preferred every day carry? Can be anything or a combination of things.

Since I'm at college and can't edc a firearm, here's mine:
599 XT Fox Karambit
I keep, among other things, a pair of metal nunchucks that also collapses into a baton in my car, and a seatbelt-cutter/glass-breaker tool on my key ring. The cutter is actually really handy for cutting random stuff without pulling out a knife or having to find a pair of scissors.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I keep, among other things, a pair of metal nunchucks that also collapses into a baton in my car, and a seatbelt-cutter/glass-breaker tool on my key ring. The cutter is actually really handy for cutting random stuff without pulling out a knife or having to find a pair of scissors.
Lucky those are illegal here in VA, my fighting knife has a glass breaker on it as well, never know when you'll need it and they work great as blunt impact devices.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lucky those are illegal here in VA, my fighting knife has a glass breaker on it as well, never know when you'll need it and they work great as blunt impact devices.
I remember reading on a martial arts forum that, since nunchucks are banned in Tornonto (I visited there a few times in the last year or two), there is now a black market for them. Apparently if you go to one store in Chinatown, leave a 20 on the counter, and don't say anything, they'll eventually bring you out a pair of nunchucks. The funny thing is that, for the average person, they're probably more dangerous to the user than anyone else.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I remember reading on a martial arts forum that, since nunchucks are banned in Tornonto (I visited there a few times in the last year or two), there is now a black market for them. Apparently if you go to one store in Chinatown, leave a 20 on the counter, and don't say anything, they'll eventually bring you out a pair of nunchucks. The funny thing is that, for the average person, they're probably more dangerous to the user than anyone else.
Yeah I prefer my karambit, the ring makes it hella dangerous even when it's not deployed and there's less chance of me hurting myself lol. Idon't think I could use much more than a knife without breaking my nose or some other form of bodily harm happening. I tested it on a pork but and I cut a solid 3 inches deep doing a quick slash. Hold it in reverse grip and it's a hella dangerous tool to have with you, not only for deadliness but also straight up control of people in a fight. The curved blade makes it really easy to control arms and wrists... wish I could carry a gun tho, I'm jealous Brandinooooo

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. I love it. Has no safety but a 5lb trigger instead.
I haven't looked into handguns since I can't really carry, but I've been eying a really nice AR. It's chambered in 338 Lapua

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I love it. Has no safety but a 5lb trigger instead.
I've never been a fan of manual safeties. I do really like the dual grip and trigger safeties on the Springfield XDS though. The Taurus TCP is also a very nice little piece. Not saying I own any of them at all ;)

As for more bizarre choices, how about hiding a blade in your hat:

I think it's made by an Israeli company.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I've never been a fan of manual safeties. I do really like the dual grip and trigger safeties on the Springfield XDS though. The Taurus TCP is also a very nice little piece. Not saying I own any of them at all ;)

As for more bizarre choices, how about hiding a blade in your hat:

I think it's made by an Israeli company.
That's interesting lol.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Big guns holding up big guns... that's a sight to see

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, look at the "related" suggestion from when I went on Google to find those pictures:

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone already seen this, or am I the first one to stumble upon it. I didn't even google Trump or anything to find it, haha.
That's the first time I've heard of it, that's pure gold right there....

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also I'm not sure why but I get a hell of a lot of **** when people find out I carry a knife on campus, I've yet to figure out why that is tho. I mean I live in a large city, in not the best area and I'm often walking around at night from classes or the gym, most often alone.... sounds like plenty of reasons to carry but yet even army and marine recruiters give me **** for it and I've gotten **** from the campus cops even tho my knives are legal....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also I'm not sure why but I get a hell of a lot of **** when people find out I carry a knife on campus, I've yet to figure out why that is tho. I mean I live in a large city, in not the best area and I'm often walking around at night from classes or the gym, most often alone.... sounds like plenty of reasons to carry but yet even army and marine recruiters give me **** for it and I've gotten **** from the campus cops even tho my knives are legal....
How dare you take some level of concern and responsibility for your personal safety instead of relying solely on the authority and ability of others to protect you...

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How dare you take some level of concern and responsibility for your personal safety instead of relying solely on the authority and ability of others to protect you...
I know right? Good thing that we have enough cops to always follow students around every where they go that way if something happens the students don't have to act on their own and there's a cop there to protect them. School only have 35k students, I'm sure they could hire enough cops to protect every one of us all the time.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know right? Good thing that we have enough cops to always follow students around every where they go that way if something happens the students don't have to act on their own and there's a cop there to protect them. School only have 35k students, I'm sure they could hire enough cops to protect every one of us all the time.
Related:

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pretty much, knife or gun it doesn't matter because our reasons are probably the same. I carry to protect myself so that I don't have to rely on others to do it for me. You may not like it now but when there's another attacker like there was at Ohio state recently, you're going to be happy I carry.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty much, knife or gun it doesn't matter because our reasons are probably the same. I carry to protect myself so that I don't have to rely on others to do it for me. You may not like it now but when there's another attacker like there was at Ohio state recently, you're going to be happy I carry.
An interesting quote:
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils, except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Can it be supposed that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, the most important of the code, will respect the less important and arbitrary ones, which can be violated with ease and impunity, and which, if strictly obeyed, would put an end to personal liberty-so dear to men, so dear to the enlightened legislator-and subject innocent persons to all the vexations that the quality alone ought to suffer? Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
-Thomas Jefferson, 1764 (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”) [supposedly the source]

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
That is my whole point with all this gun control nonsense. All that does is make things worse for law-abiding citizens. Shytty people will figure out how to get weapons if they want them

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is my whole point with all this gun control nonsense. All that does is make things worse for law-abiding citizens. Shytty people will figure out how to get weapons if they want them
Granted there do need to be laws and regulations in place, I do think they make things tougher for everyone including criminals but at what point do we step back and say this isn't working

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taurus PT740 Slim .40, and I open Carry. People dont like seeing a 5'10" 220lb bald tattooed guy with a .40 on his hip. Just sayin

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Taurus PT740 Slim .40, and I open Carry. People dont like seeing a 5'10" 220lb bald tattooed guy with a .40 on his hip. Just sayin
Haha I don't particularly care for that situation either just saying...

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Lol I know you and I would be worried.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I miss living in Missouri. What I carried depended on where I was going. Out for a nice dinner with my wife? Smith & Wesson .357 mag stainless 686, 4" barrel, with wood grips in a leather beltside holster. General everyday carry? Ruger SR 40c IWB appendix carry. Headed into town with some friends it was usually one of the 1911's IWB appendix carry. And if I was feeling especially rambunctious, it was open carrying the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. And if I was going somewhere that was posted no firearms, it was either the Colt Mustang pocket carry or (don't laugh) a tiny NAA .22 mag revolver with wooden boot grips. I could carry that in the watch pocket of my jeans and you wouldn't even know it was there.

But now I'm in the Peoples Republik of Illinois. sigh.........

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I miss living in Missouri. What I carried depended on where I was going. Out for a nice dinner with my wife? Smith & Wesson .357 mag stainless 686, 4" barrel, with wood grips in a leather beltside holster. General everyday carry? Ruger SR 40c IWB appendix carry. Headed into town with some friends it was usually one of the 1911's IWB appendix carry. And if I was feeling especially rambunctious, it was open carrying the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. And if I was going somewhere that was posted no firearms, it was either the Colt Mustang pocket carry or (don't laugh) a tiny NAA .22 mag revolver with wooden boot grips. I could carry that in the watch pocket of my jeans and you wouldn't even know it was there.

But now I'm in the Peoples Republik of Illinois. sigh.........
Damn haha what was your fav to carry?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I know this is gonna sound like a jab, but it isn't.

That's what my wife carried. She decided to get her permit in 2013 right after Sandy Hook. I told her she was limited to any handgun that I was set up to reload for (since at that time 9mm ammo was almost non-existent),which meant .380, .38 spl, .357 mag, .40 S&W, .45 and .44 mag We were at a gun show and she picked it out. That little gun is a whole lot of no fun to shoot, but she likes it.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And I know this is gonna sound like a jab, but it isn't.

That's what my wife carried. She decided to get her permit in 2013 right after Sandy Hook. I told her she was limited to any handgun that I was set up to reload for (since at that time 9mm ammo was almost non-existent),which meant .380, .38 spl, .357 mag, .40 S&W, .45 and .44 mag We were at a gun show and she picked it out. That little gun is a whole lot of no fun to shoot, but she likes it.
Its ok. It shoots fairly well, but Im not an everyday joe shooting either. But.. on a ridiculously stupid budget, and I bought it with money I got for Christmas, it was on sale and I walked out with the gun, mag extension , and 3 extra mags for $279. Couldnt pass it up. I want an H&K!

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Its ok. It shoots fairly well, but Im not an everyday joe shooting either. But.. on a ridiculously stupid budget, and I bought it with money I got for Christmas, it was on sale and I walked out with the gun, mag extension , and 3 extra mags for $279. Couldnt pass it up. I want an H&K!
I have a h&k black eagle 12 gauge. I love it

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I carry this. Get this shiit in you eyes and they burn for at least the amount of time for me to get out of range. :)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smith & Wesson makes some awesome small frame revolvers

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't that what Andy Dufresne used in The Shawshank Redemption??

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a h&k black eagle 12 gauge. I love it
Ugg. Sweetness.
Im a bit jealous. My dad carried an H&K when he was a police Officer, he initially taught me how to shoot, and once I could he let me shoot that at the PD range. Fell in love with it