SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I'm noticing my sleeping patterns are funky, so I've begun to use the bedtime thing built in to the iPhone under clock to track when I fall asleep and when I wake up.

Last night I fell asleep around 2am ish and I woke up at 7ish which is consistent with what my phone says. So 5 hours of sleep. Like wtf the body needs like 7 a night and here I am naturally waking up 2 hours before my alarm. What's crazy is this isn't a once in a while thing, this is happening every single night. I don't think I ever get more than 6-7 hours of sleep a night.

Is my body sabotaging my gains without me even trying or is something wrong with me? I feel perfectly fine on 5 hours of sleep....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not everyone is wired the same. I have been getting around 6 hours for the last 15+ years and when I get 8+ I am groggy and unmotivated. I however, know people that absolutely cannot function unless they get 8-9, which I would hate. I know how important sleep is, but I have always felt like I am wasting time laying in bed. I'd rather get 4-5 hours and take a 15-20 minute afternoon power nap.

I haven't used an alarm in 20 years. 5:30-6am is clockwork wake up time.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's just weird cause I go to bed so late and I wake up earlier than I want too. I could have had 7 hours of sleep but my body was just like nah get your ass up

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you going through any stressful events currently? I know when I went through some hard times, I was down to about 3-4 hours a night.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you going through any stressful events currently? I know when I went through some hard times, I was down to about 3-4 hours a night.
I mean school and failing 2 classes lol but I only just found out about those. The sleep thing has been goin on for months now

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I mean school and failing 2 classes lol but I only just found out about those. The sleep thing has been goin on for months now
Have you tried taking anything for sleep? I can't remember if you've mentioned it before lol.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
No I've never used anything, always afraid of over sleeping or waking up groggy
Take 1/2 teaspoon of benadryl 20 minutes before bed. You won't be groggy. Even a full teaspoon wouldn't have you groggy but would help you fall asleep. Melatonin would help staying asleep. bighulksmash's cuddling really helps.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
UNTIL I POP A STIFFY AND PIERCE YOUR DONUT
Take 1/2 teaspoon of benadryl 20 minutes before bed. You won't be groggy. Even a full teaspoon wouldn't have you groggy but would help you fall asleep. Melatonin would help staying asleep. bighulksmash's cuddling really helps.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Benadryl doesn't do anything to me lol I'm just gonna try to sleep earlier

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry about it ChocolateClen. If you're fine on 5 hours, then you're good. Not everybody needs 8 hours of sleep every night. Now if bighulksmash punches your donut, then you might have problems

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it ChocolateClen. If you're fine on 5 hours, then you're good. Not everybody needs 8 hours of sleep every night. Now if bighulksmash punches your donut, then you might have problems
Lmao

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of sleep, why the **** are we still awake Brandinooooo?? I worked 13 hours today and have to be back at 06:30 in the morning

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
SFreed has seen the bounty of the land

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of sleep, why the **** are we still awake Brandinooooo?? I worked 13 hours today and have to be back at 06:30 in the morning
Good question. I have to be up at 7...

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aaaaannnd my like button is gone again

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate being up this late. Too easy to start drinking again

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont......

i drove 200 miles on a quarter tank of gas and never left my drive way.
Ahhhh the good old days. I went through a quarter tank of gas sitting in the driveway once

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's it, I gotta be up in 5 hours. Night guys

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I had a friend who would nod out on the wheel every now and then . so we spray painted his car windows black !!!! while he was asleep in the daytime ![video=youtube;AF85_vVnrbo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF85_vVnrbo[/video] INSPIRATION !!!!
Ahhhh the good old days. I went through a quarter tank of gas sitting in the driveway once

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Aight I forced myself in to bed at 2300 last night and it was awful. I got 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep then I woke up at 4 am and just laid there for an hour before I finally went back to sleep for another hour. Woke up again then went back to sleep like 2 more times after that. Got 8 1/2 hours of sleep but damn it was awful. Worst night of sleeping by far

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aight I forced myself in to bed at 2300 last night and it was awful. I got 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep then I woke up at 4 am and just laid there for an hour before I finally went back to sleep for another hour. Woke up again then went back to sleep like 2 more times after that. Got 8 1/2 hours of sleep but damn it was awful. Worst night of sleeping by far
Dream n Grow