The Contender

stinkfinger

Awards
Anybody watching this? I think its great! Sure beats the other reality shows. Last nights fight was awesome! Do a search on yahoo and you can find the site that has all the fights for viewing.(http://media2.yahoo.com/player/contender/) Too bad they aren't doing a second season. Can't wait for the final fight! Manfrado vs. ???

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like the show....even though I'm not a big fan of reality TV. Last nights' fight was a slugfest. Too bad they cut the fights up, but I still enjoy it.

stinkfinger

Awards
Yea, they do cut them up pretty good, but I like seeing a show where these guys careers are on the line. Losing on the show effects the rest of their lives. Sly looks like a dumba** with the things he shouts out. He really doesn't know boxing. Not that I do either though. I hope the Latin Snake wins it.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Love the show but missed it last night! Why aren't they doing a second season, the **** is off the hook!

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
yeah, this show is awesome, i can't get enough of it, i want to see jessie win it all

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't like the editted fights and slomo replays to make things look more exciting. Stallone is crap, especially when he gives fighters advice on training. He should advice them on steroids instead.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
I don't like the editted fights and slomo replays to make things look more exciting. Stallone is crap, especially when he gives fighters advice on training. He should advice them on steroids instead.
So true :lol:

At least the finale is live-- will we actually get to see a real boxing match from start to finish?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Hell of a toe-to-toe slug fest the other night. That dudes face was hamburger when it was all said and done. I'm really digging the show.

joeycrabcakes

joeycrabcakes

Awards
best show-i'm hooked. I'd like to see peter win it. Dont really have an opinion on the latin snake, but theres something about jessie i dont like, maybe its because he had that lucky punch vs. anthony when he was getting his butt kicked.

black06

Awards
Yup, I think so too. I saw him being interviewed on some show after his first loss and the little subtle clues made me think he had won it all. When he got voted back on I knew it wasn't a hunch.

I think Peter is gonna win it, what do you guys think?

stinkfinger

Awards
I agree Jesse lucked out with beating Anthony. He was a dick about having to cut the weight too. Thats the rules. Boy, his wife is a beast also!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Ray was on Cold Pizza this morning talking about how ABC didn't renew the contract. But he also said that they plan on shopping the show around, so expect to see it on another network if indeed it does come back for season 2.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sugar Ray was on Cold Pizza this morning talking about how ABC didn't renew the contract. But he also said that they plan on shopping the show around, so expect to see it on another network if indeed it does come back for season 2.
Hell, it may go to UPN, they'll take anything.

I think with some small changes, and a little TLC with marketing, they can make this into a better show that would get them the ratings they had hoped for.

stinkfinger

Awards
The music really pumps me up. I even like the intro. The best part of the show is if you want to you only have to watch the last 15 minutes and you still can follow everything.

stinkfinger

Awards
Great final! Do you think Sly was trying hard for a another season. He must of mentioned rematch 100 times. This show is the way boxing should be. PURE. No dirty promoters and no $50 fee to see a good fight. Hope someone picks it up for next year.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Sly is looking pretty big. What do you guys think he's on?

jkaz182003

Banned
Awards
peter manfredo just ran out of energy in the last couple rounds, while sergio was still dancing. he was very well conditioned