Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to rank them based on these criteria:

- cost
- taste
- profile (namely, calories)

We can use more, but I think those are the foundation for me.

I've always been one to rock my powdered fat burners or energy supps because energy drinks (RTDs) are "too expensive" in comparison. But I'm cautious with my spending in so many places, this is an area I've allowed myself some flexibility in lately; particularly with a class from 6-10 two nights a week being added into my full-time schedule and other commitments.

So I pretty much look for zero-cal options. I don't have problems with sugar, but if I have sugar, I want to EAT it lol.

So far these are some that I have tried and enjoy:

- Monster Ultra Black
- Monster Ultra Citron
- Monster Ultra Sunrise
- RockStar Cherry Citrus
- RockStar Pure Zero Lemonade
- RockStar Pure Zero Mango Orange Passionfruit
- Monster Java Vanilla (Light)
- VPX Bang Power Punch
- VPX Bang Sour Heads

The following are good, but not in that top tier for me:

- Monster Ultra Red
- Monster Ultra Blue
- Monster Zero Ultra
- RockStar Sugar Free
- RockStar Zero Carb
- VPX Bang Lemon Drop

All of the above are zero cal with the exception of the Monster Java, which was very limited. And there isn't really a list for me that is "gag/terrible" and there are a ton I haven't tried, still. But I'm branching out where I can and trying new ones whenever I can find them.

Let's hear what you think.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Redbull Original
Monster Muscle (with protein)
Kronik (if you can find it still)
Rockstar (makes me more tired than awake)

Those are my favorites.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Full throttle is like gasoline for me I fuccing love it lol
Sugar free red bull/ monster
Bang
That's my go to
I've searched for years for the red camo monster that I use to have back in my little league days baseball days lol (I was addicted to pwo before I knew it) but I can't remember the name

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Full throttle is like gasoline for me I fuccing love it lol
Sugar free red bull/ monster
Bang
That's my go to
I've searched for years for the red camo monster that I use to have back in my little league days baseball days lol (I was addicted to pwo before I knew it) but I can't remember the name
And here I was just chugging Code Reds ;) lol

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yup - Redline Extreme when I truly need energy lol

other than that, I like the Monster Ultra line, tasty, and not too strong.
Lol. I always got more out of the regular Red Line.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Holy crap I typed that into google and got the name hahah!! Monster assault! Do they still make that ?
I've never seen it, but IIRC, it was listed on their products page this morning when I was looking, so I would assume they do.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I grabbed a case of the Redline Xtreme RTD -- and it tastes like bad cough medicine LOL. Not sure if it's just that one flavor or the whole line, but I don't feel comfortable buying anything else after that debacle. I still have 23 left...woof.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I grabbed a case of the Redline Xtreme RTD -- and it tastes like bad cough medicine LOL. Not sure if it's just that one flavor or the whole line, but I don't feel comfortable buying anything else after that debacle. I still have 23 left...woof.
They're the best though lol

Clark8141

Awards
Monster rehab is my go to. They have 4 or 5 different flavors and I believe are only 10 calories

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I like Monster Rehab and Monster Ultra series. I'm interested in seeing some cheaper zero calorie options, I don't think I'll ever find a powdered option that tastes as good as a ready to drink option.

I'm the same as you, I'd rather eat my calories than drink them lol

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Monster anything is amazing in my opinion....

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the punch drinks (Punch Monster, Pipeline Punch, and Rockstar Punch). I also like the Rockstar Roasted with Almond Milk (light vanilla).

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Am I the only one that has tried the Monster Muscle?

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I like them, I just never buy them anymore cause I have so much protein powder at home.
I don't like bringing my powder with my usually so I'll buy those instead of the random overpriced protein drinks they have in the gym vending machines.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am I the only one that has tried the Monster Muscle?
I haven't had a need yet.

The drinks I do for the energy and as a treat (at zero cal), but aside from my post-wo isolate shake, I generally prefer chewing my calories, so they don't appeal to me as much now as they once would have.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had a need yet.

The drinks I do for the energy and as a treat (at zero cal), but aside from my post-wo isolate shake, I generally prefer chewing my calories, so they don't appeal to me as much now as they once would have.
True. It has 110 calories or so I think.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. It has 110 calories or so I think.
Which isn't bad at all. And in a pinch I would definitely try one.

But lately I've just been trying different 0-cal drinks to sip on during class at night for something fun. It's my treat to myself for having a 4-hour class two nights a week even though I've been done with real school for years lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried one of the RockStar non-carbonated drinks last night -- orange -- with 20cal/can and it was meh. Taste is good, but the lack of carbonation just made it taste like it was flat. Won't be doing that one again.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Redbull is decent but it tastes rather flat to me and it gives me a weird after taste. Monster across the board is my go to energy drink unless something else is on sale.

My school only sells Pepsi products so I've tried a few amps and they aren't bad honestly. I don't get a kick out of them like I'd want but the taste is rather decent. I've tried the blueberry acai and watermelon flavors so far.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
VPX BANG is my go to when I can find it

But I usually stick with Monster Ultra

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Redbull is decent but it tastes rather flat to me and it gives me a weird after taste. Monster across the board is my go to energy drink unless something else is on sale.

My school only sells Pepsi products so I've tried a few amps and they aren't bad honestly. I don't get a kick out of them like I'd want but the taste is rather decent. I've tried the blueberry acai and watermelon flavors so far.
Do they have any that are zero or low cal? I feel like most I had looked at were chock full of sugar like regular Dew, which was the turn-off for me. I used to drink soooo much Mountain Dew up through HS. Cut out all regular soda by sophomore year in college (aside from rare occasions -- like seeing Surge back in stores and grabbing one lol).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Not low cal, but I love the original black can Full Throttle

Most often I have Monster Ultra Black

+ that much friendlier priced Alphamine

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do they have any that are zero or low cal? I feel like most I had looked at were chock full of sugar like regular Dew, which was the turn-off for me. I used to drink soooo much Mountain Dew up through HS. Cut out all regular soda by sophomore year in college (aside from rare occasions -- like seeing Surge back in stores and grabbing one lol).
Honestly couldn't tell you, I don't drink a lot of low cal stuff so I never really look.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just went to their site -- they have a blueberry grape zero that only has 10 cals. I may try to grab that to try (they have a good product locator on their page that actually chooses specific products).

Most of the others are listed at 58g sugar for 16 oz lol. Some others with 30g, which isn't that bad.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The BB and g is 10 cal? **** that tasted so good to lol I would have happily dropped 200 cal on that for a nice change up.

Monsters resealable can is a bloody genius idea...

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do like Monster, and Brandinooooo,I love the Monster Muscle, especially late at night when Im working EMS. BUT... My favorite still has to be "Wild Ride" sugar free from Rip-it. And theyr only $0.99 for a big can. Got hooked on them in Iraq. Just for shytz and giggles, take a few minutes to click the link and read. Its a fricken hilarious story about the rip-its, and incredibly well written by a Soldier. If you dont laugh your a$$ off, Id be surprised. Let me know what you think.
http://havokjournal.com/culture/case-study-ramadi-a-ranger-looks-back/

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I do like Monster, and Brandinooooo,I love the Monster Muscle, especially late at night when Im working EMS. BUT... My favorite still has to be "Wild Ride" sugar free from Rip-it. And theyr only $0.99 for a big can. Got hooked on them in Iraq. Just for shytz and giggles, take a few minutes to click the link and read. Its a fricken hilarious story about the rip-its, and incredibly well written by a Soldier. If you dont laugh your a$$ off, Id be surprised. Let me know what you think.
http://havokjournal.com/culture/case-study-ramadi-a-ranger-looks-back/
Yeah they have Rip-Its for .99 here also. I've only trie the Citrus one though. Its good.

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
They're good!! But do yourself a favor and read that story when youre on the sh**ter or something. Youll laugh it all out!!
Lmao I just read it , I liked rip it's at one point but for some reason I knew I didn't trust them

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Picked up a monster muscle this morning cause I've got some massive back doms from yesterday's workout. Stuff tastes pretty damn good

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been grabbing the 10 packs of Monster Zero Ultra (white/silver can) at Walmart because they come out to like $1.40 a can. The Ultra Black is probably my favorite at the moment, so I like to grab the 4 packs of it when I can.

Wanting to try the new Bang flavors.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
VPX bang has been my go to for the past year.

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
I would like to rank them based on these criteria:

- cost
- taste
- profile (namely, calories)

We can use more, but I think those are the foundation for me.

I've always been one to rock my powdered fat burners or energy supps because energy drinks (RTDs) are "too expensive" in comparison. But I'm cautious with my spending in so many places, this is an area I've allowed myself some flexibility in lately; particularly with a class from 6-10 two nights a week being added into my full-time schedule and other commitments.

So I pretty much look for zero-cal options. I don't have problems with sugar, but if I have sugar, I want to EAT it lol.

So far these are some that I have tried and enjoy:

- Monster Ultra Black
- Monster Ultra Citron
- Monster Ultra Sunrise
- RockStar Cherry Citrus
- RockStar Pure Zero Lemonade
- RockStar Pure Zero Mango Orange Passionfruit
- Monster Java Vanilla (Light)
- VPX Bang Power Punch
- VPX Bang Sour Heads

The following are good, but not in that top tier for me:

- Monster Ultra Red
- Monster Ultra Blue
- Monster Zero Ultra
- RockStar Sugar Free
- RockStar Zero Carb
- VPX Bang Lemon Drop

All of the above are zero cal with the exception of the Monster Java, which was very limited. And there isn't really a list for me that is "gag/terrible" and there are a ton I haven't tried, still. But I'm branching out where I can and trying new ones whenever I can find them.

Let's hear what you think.
Xyence is my go to.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been grabbing the 10 packs of Monster Zero Ultra (white/silver can) at Walmart because they come out to like $1.40 a can. The Ultra Black is probably my favorite at the moment, so I like to grab the 4 packs of it when I can.

Wanting to try the new Bang flavors.
I tried an Ultra Black for the first time the other day. It's probably my favorite so far now. The white van was really good the first time I had it but now it's had a weird taste ever since.

I like the Blue can a lot too.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Green monsters have been having a weird taste for me recently and I'm not sure why. Not a huge fan anymore but the ultra black is the bomb.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Venom Strawberry Apple and watermelon lime. Delicious, 10 cals, good profile. Best part? 99 damn cents. Thank you Dr. Pepper...lol

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A cuban coffee. which is like an espresso with loads of raw sugar. They are tiny as well.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had one of the older Monster Absolutely Zeros the other day and it tasted like Red Bull.

I used to not mind those, but the Ultra Zero line tastes so much better to me now that I almost gagged. But I finished it lol.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I tried a muscle monster a few days ago before my bank account hit $10.00 and it was decent aside from all the gains having settled to the bottom of the can