Movies

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    No Country for Old Men and American Hustle were really well done. Javier Bardem was freakishly perfect in that role.
    I like unpredictable type of films or if predictable to provide INTENSITY.

2. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    I like unpredictable type of films or if predictable to provide INTENSITY.
    Did you like Fargo? I know it's another older film, but I loved it. Lots of unpredictability and the Cohen brothers are some of the best writer/directors out their IMO.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Did you like Fargo? I know it's another older film, but I loved it. Lots of unpredictability and the Cohen brothers are some of the best writer/directors out their IMO.
    Yessir.
    Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, O'Brother Where art tho(I even bought the sound track), Big Lebowski,etc.

Miller's Crossing is one of my top twenty of any period.

Some of their recent films not to my taste-Ladykillers for example I find unwatchable, the original British B&W version is clever with very dry humor. They missed it in the remake. Tom Hanks is awful in it. Trying too hard to be the like the British actor in the original.

4. Wallburg should be the next Bourne. IMHO

Jack Reacher should be good.
    VEIN NUTRITION - PREMIUM BODYBUILDING SUPPLEMENTS
    CLICK ME > VEIN NUTRITION
    IG: @VeinNutrition

5. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Yessir.
    Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, O'Brother Where art tho(I even bought the sound track), Big Lebowski,etc.

Miller's Crossing is one of my top twenty of any period.

Some of their recent films not to my taste-Ladykillers for example I find unwatchable, the original British B&W version is clever with very dry humor. They missed it in the remake. Tom Hanks is awful in it. Trying too hard to be the like the British actor in the original.
    No Country for Old Men and Burn After Reading were the last good films by the Cohen Brothers.

Inglourious Basterds was the last good Tarantino film IMO.
    •   

6. Idk like any of these movies... except inglorious bastards. That was a good movie

7. I recommend Siege of Jadotville. Mercs vs Irish in the Congo in 1961. Fair amount of historical accuracy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3922798/?ref_=rvi_tt

8. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    I recommend Siege of Jadotville. Mercs vs Irish in the Congo in 1961. Fair amount of historical accuracy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3922798/?ref_=rvi_tt
    My son just mentioned this movie to me about an hour ago..
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    Use Code COLEMAN30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:
    APS Nutrition, ALR Industries, Formutech, LG Sciences, IForce Nutrition

9. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Wallburg should be the next Bourne. IMHO

Jack Reacher should be good.
    No one can do Bourne but the (ironically) gun hating Matt Damon. But Reacher SHOULD be good
    Use rep code "FireTitan"
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com

10. Looking forward to "Reacher". Just watched the first. Cruise was great.

11. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Looking forward to "Reacher". Just watched the first. Cruise was great.
    Im going to see it tomorrow. I liked the first one and ive read all the books (think there are 20 now) so im a big Reacher fan!

12. Quote Originally Posted by TheMrMuscle View Post
    Im going to see it tomorrow. I liked the first one and ive read all the books (think there are 20 now) so im a big Reacher fan!
    Well I'd love to say it was good but alas... that was a real letdown. Save your money boys.

13. So, it's a rental like most other movies. I find it difficult to justify the price of going out to a movie, and the time so me and my best friend (wife) usually rent something on iTunes since we are so behind the times. Ha.

14. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    So, it's a rental like most other movies. I find it difficult to justify the price of going out to a movie, and the time so me and my best friend (wife) usually rent something on iTunes since we are so behind the times. Ha.
    Me and my fiance loves the movies so we go every saturday if there is something we want to see. And saturday is also our refeeds so we can pig out on protein bars while relaxing. Next saturday is Dr Strange and I really hope its good.

15. Saw the accountant and thought it was amazing. May be biased as I work with autistic people for a living and thought they did great job portraying him as a kid

16. Going to see Doctor Strange tonight, anyone seen it yet? I've seen some good reviews so I have high hopes.
  17. Movies

Quote Originally Posted by TheMrMuscle View Post
    Going to see Doctor Strange tonight, anyone seen it yet? I've seen some good reviews so I have high hopes.
    He is amazing in everything he does. That's on our list for sure.

Watch Sherlock after. The first 3 seasons are on Netflix.

18. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    He is amazing in everything he does. That's on our list for sure.

Watch Sherlock after. The first 3 seasons are on Netflix.
    Just got back home from it and it was awesome. A must see for any Marvel fans but it is also a strong stand alone film.

Cumberbatch is always great and he was a great Sorcerer Supreme.

19. Quote Originally Posted by TheMrMuscle View Post
    Just got back home from it and it was awesome. A must see for any Marvel fans but it is also a strong stand alone film.

Hoping to go see it this week!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by TheMrMuscle View Post

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I am a huge Cumberbatch fan
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:

21. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Hoping to go see it this week!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I am a huge Cumberbatch fan
    Be sure to watch it in theaters and if possible 3D because it looked fantastic!

22. Recommend Hacksaw Ridge, based on MoH receipient Desmond Doss who rescued 75 wounded men while under fire on Okinawa!!!
    Directed by Mel Gibson as well. Doss was also a conscientious objector who served as a medic. Should be interesting to watch..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2119532/

23. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Recommend Hacksaw Ridge, based on MoH receipient Desmond Doss who rescued 75 wounded men while under fire on Okinawa!!!
    Directed by Mel Gibson as well. Doss was also a conscientious objector who served as a medic. Should be interesting to watch..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2119532/
    I REALLY wish they'd let Mel Gibson do something in acting again, but alas I feel he will be a director only.

That's what he gets for going on a drunken stupor. I just want Lethal Weapon 5
    HI-TECH PHARMACEUTICALS REPRESENTATIVE
    Use Code PATRICK30 to save 30% on ALL HiTech Pharma Co.:

24. Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    I REALLY wish they'd let Mel Gibson do something in acting again, but alas I feel he will be a director only.

He was great in Expendables 3 and I agree with you, let's see another Lethal Weapon!

25. Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post

He's acted since then and I don't think anybody is stopping him. I think he just prefers directing these days.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats you favorite Arnold Movie?
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 03:32 AM
  3. Movie Review: City of Gods