Water?

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Being in construction sometimes it so hectic that I don't get to drink as much water as I should especially in this heat and it's a little hard to carry a water jug when your 200 foot plus in the air walking steal beams lol is stupid to try to slam down as much water I can on my 1 1/2 hr car ride home to make up for to lift ? Like the body absorb by then or no?

JP10

JP10

Awards
I would just try to get as much as you can while you can, as you said there isn't much you can do about. Make sure your hydrated before you go to bed, in the morning before your shift(not sure when you work, just going by how most schedules are), some more at lunch, then after work get what you can before you lift. I don't like consuming excess water before I workout, I like to be basically as empty as possible, and not bloated.

This was taken from a quick google:

"600ml of water ingested 45 minutes prior to training is enough to take an athlete from mildly dehydrated to fully hydrated."

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-hydrated

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I would just try to get as much as you can while you can, as you said there isn't much you can do about. Make sure your hydrated before you go to bed, in the morning before your shift(not sure when you work, just going by how most schedules are), some more at lunch, then after work get what you can before you lift. I don't like consuming excess water before I workout, I like to be basically as empty as possible, and not bloated.

This was taken from a quick google:

"600ml of water ingested 45 minutes prior to training is enough to take an athlete from mildly dehydrated to fully hydrated."

http://breakingmuscle.com/nutrition/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-hydrated
I cramp easy as hell idk why but thanks for the info man great stuff

JP10

JP10

Awards
I cramp easy as hell idk why but thanks for the info man great stuff
Not sure what your potassium in take is, but that is another thing to consider. Bananas, advocados, coconut water all good sources. Don't know if you go to gas stations and get drinks or anything, but Body Armor is at a lot of Wawa and Sheetz near me and they're great for hydration. And no problem, happy to help!

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Not sure what your potassium in take is, but that is another thing to consider. Bananas, advocados, coconut water all good sources. Don't know if you go to gas stations and get drinks or anything, but Body Armor is at a lot of Wawa and Sheetz near me and they're great for hydration. And no problem, happy to help!
Bananas give me the boo boo's lol and ok body armor see if I can't find any thank bruh

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If you get a camelback style water pack, maybe get some of the foil covered bubble pack style insulation, and line the pack with it to keep the water from getting hot as hell while outside.

I'm a service tech that works outside, and I usually drink 4 liters during an 8 hour shift. Luckily for me, I don't have coworkers or a foreman botching about me going to the van every once in a while to get a drink.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
If you get a camelback style water pack, maybe get some of the foil covered bubble pack style insulation, and line the pack with it to keep the water from getting hot as hell while outside.

I'm a service tech that works outside, and I usually drink 4 liters during an 8 hour shift. Luckily for me, I don't have coworkers or a foreman botching about me going to the van every once in a while to get a drink.
Yea I hear you boss man stays on us looking at the clock lol "your fracking me" lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe check into a camelbak?
I second the Camelbak. You can get one the more expensive ones and itll be worth it. Before you go to bed, fill it up to almost full and put it in the fridge. Before you leave, throw as much ice in as you can and top it off with more water. I did this in when I was in rescue school in Charlotte, and it was great to have cool water with me at all times.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I second the Camelbak. You can get one the more expensive ones and itll be worth it. Before you go to bed, fill it up to almost full and put it in the fridge. Before you leave, throw as much ice in as you can and top it off with more water. I did this in when I was in rescue school in Charlotte, and it was great to have cool water with me at all times.
Iv thought a lot about getting one the only problem is wearing that along with a saftey harvest I don't know how comfortable that would be lol

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iv thought a lot about getting one the only problem is wearing that along with a saftey harvest I don't know how comfortable that would be lol
Its really not that bad if you get the better one. It has a chest strap to keep it on amd you wont have to cinch down the shoulder straps, besides, if youre going to be working in one place for a while, take it off

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Its really not that bad if you get the better one. It has a chest strap to keep it on amd you wont have to cinch down the shoulder straps, besides, if youre going to be working in one place for a while, take it off
Oh ok Iv never seen one with a chest strap il look into it but il have to check with saftey first cause they might not let me wear it under my harnest were not even aloud to wear a good under our hard hats in the winter lol

AllTheGainz

Awards
I think someone above mentioned trying body armor out. I work outside as well, (at a car wash) and I sweat like a dog. I bough one of those and saved it still I was starting to feel lethargic and thirsty about halfway into the day and damn do they work. Tasted great and the energy was more consistent than caffeine.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh ok Iv never seen one with a chest strap il look into it but il have to check with saftey first cause they might not let me wear it under my harnest were not even aloud to wear a good under our hard hats in the winter lol
Yeah, them safety guys are a bit ridiculous! FYI on the cold weather, Hot Hands now makes a large version, with an adhesive back. I use them when I hunt in 15 degree weather for 10-12 hours. Stick on the outside of your base layer and they work for about 8-10 hours. Theyre pretty awesome and cheap.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Yeah, them safety guys are a bit ridiculous! FYI on the cold weather, Hot Hands now makes a large version, with an adhesive back. I use them when I hunt in 15 degree weather for 10-12 hours. Stick on the outside of your base layer and they work for about 8-10 hours. Theyre pretty awesome and cheap.
Hot hands are like gold around here I swear they can't keep them in stock il have to hit Amazon for that and is like a self sticking patch?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hot hands are like gold around here I swear they can't keep them in stock il have to hit Amazon for that and is like a self sticking patch?
That it is. Like I Said, one side is sticky, sticks right to the outside layer of your bottom shirt,and stays all day. Probably a good 4x6 patch.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
That it is. Like I Said, one side is sticky, sticks right to the outside layer of your bottom shirt,and stays all day. Probably a good 4x6 patch.
Damn I will def be getting some I can tell you that

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Tell the safety guy that you passing out from dehydration because they won't let you get some water will be worse than you wearing a camelback under the harness. Tell him you'll check with the local OSHA inspector to get their opinion. :)

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Tell the safety guy that you passing out from dehydration because they won't let you get some water will be worse than you wearing a camelback under the harness. Tell him you'll check with the local OSHA inspector to get their opinion. :)
Hahaha if love to see his face he pulled me out the shaft yesterday cause he said the swing from my retractable point was to bad so I asked him "ok so we're so I need to put it to be safe and make you happy?" He said "ummmmm you know I don't really know" and walked away like wtffffff lol

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha if love to see his face he pulled me out the shaft yesterday cause he said the swing from my retractable point was to bad so I asked him "ok so we're so I need to put it to be safe and make you happy?" He said "ummmmm you know I don't really know" and walked away like wtffffff lol
Sounds like you need a new safety officer.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pedialyte is your friend. The and Gatorade diluted to half strength. I know your pain brother. Lots of times if I'm dehydrated, I'll pass out shortly after work and not even train that day. Water, to me, doesn't cut it. I get to drink water during work time, but the heat can get ahead of any water consumption in my experience.

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
Pedialyte is your friend. The and Gatorade diluted to half strength. I know your pain brother. Lots of times if I'm dehydrated, I'll pass out shortly after work and not even train that day. Water, to me, doesn't cut it. I get to drink water during work time, but the heat can get ahead of any water consumption in my experience.
Happens to me to usually doesn't hit me until I'm driving home sucks lol