Earphones

JP10

JP10

Awards
Just want to get some opinions on what earphones(brand specific) that people prefer. I had a pair of yurbuds but one day the left one stopped working and that really pissed me off haha. Since I have been using my iphone ones and they just don't cut it, when I have music playing at the gym I can still hear the music the gym is playing in the background. But anyways looking to get a new pair soon that's why I am looking for some recommendations!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just want to get some opinions on what earphones(brand specific) that people prefer. I had a pair of yurbuds but one day the left one stopped working and that really pissed me off haha. Since I have been using my iphone ones and they just don't cut it, when I have music playing at the gym I can still hear the music the gym is playing in the background. But anyways looking to get a new pair soon that's why I am looking for some recommendations!
I bought a pair of Bluetooth buds from walmart. Can't remember the name brand, but they were like $50 and they price matched it $39. The cut out ambient noise, stay in place and are sweat proof. But for $40, I can toss them if they break. Ill let you know what brand they are whenever I get back to my bag.

JP10

JP10

Awards
I bought a pair of Bluetooth buds from walmart. Can't remember the name brand, but they were like $50 and they price matched it $39. The cut out ambient noise, stay in place and are sweat proof. But for $40, I can toss them if they break. Ill let you know what brand they are whenever I get back to my bag.
$40 not to bad at all, any problems with connectivity with the Bluetooth?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, got about a 20-30' range. The name brand is "Jam". But, like you said, $40 isnt bad. Been rockin them for a little over a year now

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I order Bluetooth headphones from iOffer.com

Best I've found there are Bluedio, so far. Great quality for the price.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just picked up a pair of Bluetooth mpow cheetahs. Really liking them so far (about 3 weeks use) and they were like $20 on Amazon

Had a pair of jarv before but they kept breaking.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jaybird bluebuds have always had great reviews and recently dropped from $120-160 to like 70. Considering grabbing a pair, anyone used them?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jaybird bluebuds have always had great reviews and recently dropped from $120-160 to like 70. Considering grabbing a pair, anyone used them?
Had a pair a few years ago. Good quality, worked well, but since I used them all day around campus and to the gym, the charge didn't last through the entire day. If you can charge them more often and/or don't use them all day, they're pretty nice.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Yea my only worry with the Bluetooth earphones is the charge, just seems like an added hassle lol.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a pair and I love them. A single charge lasts me 4-5 training or cardio sessions and the sound is outstanding.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I got the sony water proof walkmen, lasts pretty long and only cost like 60-80

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
**** man, y'all way to rich for my blood. Haha I buy the $5 RCA ones from likr Family Dollar and I don't hear anything 99% of the times.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Forgot about this post, and thanks for all the replys. Hope it can continue to be used for earphone opinions and such lol. So I delayed buying a pair for awhile because I'm broke as sh1t, and yesterday was amazon prime day. Decided to jump on the Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones. They were $89, but yesterday got them for $49 which I thought was a pretty solid deal as Bose has a great reputation. Will update on the sound quality when I receive them!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adding to the battery life question on the Bluebuds-I watched 8 straight hours of **** on my phone tonight and according to the battery meter they're about half charged.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I really love my jabra sport pulses but they only last 4 ****ing hours on a charge lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
beats

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably over a year ago, I picked up Jam Fusion bluetooth over the ear headphones. I only did that because it was at Bed, Bath and Beyond and we had wedding gift certificates, so while the wife was picking things out, I decided I was getting something for myself without spending cash. They're pretty solid.

About 2 weeks ago, I picked up a set of bluetooth in-ear buds by Aukey for $13 (Prime day) as my back-up (in case mine end up dead when I show up). I took them to Dallas w/ me last week and they're pretty solid (especially for that price). Additionally, I always keep a regular set of corded ear buds in my gym bag as the absolute backup, but I loathe having my phone plugged in/on me, now, so that's a pure last resort (but a good one to have).

JP10

JP10

Awards
My sone hated his over the ear Beats, but Ive heard the buds are good. Its just hard for me to spend $190 on them , I Dont even like spending that much on me in general.
Same, cant justify spending over $50 on earphones to be honest. I would love to have them, I'm just cheap haha.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same, cant justify spending over $50 on earphones to be honest. I would love to have them, I'm just cheap haha.
Yep, me too. About the only thing Im willing to spend big money on for myself, is boots. I wear them constantly, so ill fork it over.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
My sone hated his over the ear Beats, but Ive heard the buds are good. Its just hard for me to spend $190 on them , I Dont even like spending that much on me in general.
I hear ya bro. I don't spend a lot on myself as well. the music however is different for me. I used so many pairs before but the beats for me are awesome. I only wish they were BT and have this pair now for almost 4 years. don't fall out of my ears and still sound great.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya bro. I don't spend a lot on myself as well. the music however is different for me. I used so many pairs before but the beats for me are awesome. I only wish they were BT and have this pair now for almost 4 years. don't fall out of my ears and still sound great.
That's awesome! Nice to see the big brands actually lasting longer. I did see the other day that beats has the BT buds, thays what I was referring to as $190. I have a lifeproof case on my phone, and cant use standard cable buds anymore unless I Add that ridiculous extension that came with the case. Hate it. Supposedly iPhone 7 is going to have BT buds. No cables at all, 1 bud for each ear and thats it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not worth it, IMO.

Every tech article I've read has said there are significantly better products that just don't have the brand recognition. There was also a piece a couple years ago (don't know if the parts have since changed) showing the actual cost of what was inside Beats when an engineer tore them apart -- it certainly wasn't enough to justify the cost -- not by a longshot.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Not worth it, IMO.

Every tech article I've read has said there are significantly better products that just don't have the brand recognition. There was also a piece a couple years ago (don't know if the parts have since changed) showing the actual cost of what was inside Beats when an engineer tore them apart -- it certainly wasn't enough to justify the cost -- not by a longshot.
but Jay Z says they are the shiznit lmao- I hear what your saying. I had 2 others laying around the house and the beats were in fact better than the other brands - skull (60 bucks)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
That's awesome! Nice to see the big brands actually lasting longer. I did see the other day that beats has the BT buds, thays what I was referring to as $190. I have a lifeproof case on my phone, and cant use standard cable buds anymore unless I Add that ridiculous extension that came with the case. Hate it. Supposedly iPhone 7 is going to have BT buds. No cables at all, 1 bud for each ear and thats it.
do those fall out at all? are those comfortable?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
do those fall out at all? are those comfortable?
Don't know yet. I guess they're supposed to be released in September with the new iphone7. But in all honesty, I may be switching to a samsung phone anyway.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Don't know yet. I guess they're supposed to be released in September with the new iphone7. But in all honesty, I may be switching to a samsung phone anyway.
dam bro my bad, I misread that. ok I gotcha now

AllTheGainz

Awards
I got some wireless beats headphones for Erging because cables always got in my way when I was doing my 90 min rows with the team. Best $150 I've spent in a long time, haven't had any issues with them yet and I've had them for 6 months now. Go over your ears too so you don't have to worry if you bend down or anything.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I got some wireless beats headphones for Erging because cables always got in my way when I was doing my 90 min rows with the team. Best $150 I've spent in a long time, haven't had any issues with them yet and I've had them for 6 months now. Go over your ears too so you don't have to worry if you bend down or anything.
the beats wire can be a pain in the azz! so for now, I just put the wire inside my shirt, but regardless love the beats

AllTheGainz

Awards
the beats wire can be a pain in the azz! so for now, I just put the wire inside my shirt, but regardless love the beats
Run it behind your head instead of infront of your head, you'll thank me later ;)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Run it behind your head instead of infront of your head, you'll thank me later ;)
down the back of the shirt, oh yea- I learned that one lol

good looking out right there

AllTheGainz

Awards
down the back of the shirt, oh yea- I learned that one lol

good looking out right there
Ah well damn were on the same page now. Wish the cord was shorter, I've gotten it caught on the bench a few times and it's ripped the buds outta my ears