Spider bite?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does this look like a spider bite and if so would it cause hives on my forehead?

Am I going to die?

When do I get to start shooting webs out of my wrists?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hives, I would say bee/wasp sting.

Hopefully not MRSA lol

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hives, I would say bee/wasp sting.

Hopefully not MRSA lol
Hmm I didn't think about a bee or wasp, that's definitely possible.

Lmao I hope it's not MRSA either, that would really put a damper on my day.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The first could be, but the marks on your forehead seem like an odd reaction if they are related. I would go see a dermatologist if you're worried, but I would just try an ice pack and some benadryl.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm I didn't think about a bee or wasp, that's definitely possible.

Lmao I hope it's not MRSA either, that would really put a damper on my day.
Yeah my wife got MRSA last year. Super scary, she was in hospital 4 days.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The first could be, but the marks on your forehead seem like an odd reaction if they are related. I would go see a dermatologist if you're worried, but I would just try an ice pack and some benadryl.
I didn't know if hives were part of an allergic reaction to any type of bite/sting. Thanks man, I'm going to take some Benadryl and see how it looks in the morning.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know if hives were part of an allergic reaction to any type of bite/sting. Thanks man, I'm going to take some Benadryl and see how it looks in the morning.
You've never seen the movie My Girl?

Benadryl and you should be good. If hives get worse and benadryl doesn't help, ER.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You've never seen the movie My Girl?

Benadryl and you should be good. If hives get worse and benadryl doesn't help, ER.
Yes I have, hopefully I don't end up like Macaulay Culkin's character lol.

Thanks brother, I expect to pass out momentarily.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Does this look like a spider bite and if so would it cause hives on my forehead?

Am I going to die?

When do I get to start shooting webs out of my wrists?
If that was a spider bite, you would actually be able to see a hole in the skin. And if a spider bit you, you would have noticed. It hurts like hell.
Another test you can perform is to run to the wall and jump. If you stick, yeah, you got bit by a spider. If you smack into the wall and slide back down, not a spider. Overnight gains, spider. No gains, not a spider.

3056023-poster-p-1-these-gloves-let-you-climb-walls-like-spider-man.jpg

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If that was a spider bite, you would actually be able to see a hole in the skin. And if a spider bit you, you would have noticed. It hurts like hell.
Another test you can perform is to run to the wall and jump. If you stick, yeah, you got bit by a spider. If you smack into the wall and slide back down, not a spider. Overnight gains, spider. No gains, not a spider.

View attachment 136363
Lmao well I do not seem to have over night gains nor out of the many attempts have I been able to stick to the wall....YET! It's going to happen though, just a matter of time.

What led me to believe it was a spider bite was the fact that I woke up from a dead sleep at 1:30 in the morning because I felt something crawling on my neck. I slapped at my neck, turned on my flashlight on my cell phone, tried to look for whatever it was but couldn't find anything, and went back to bed.

A day later my neck was really itchy so I looked in the mirror and that is what I saw. I think whatever it was that bit/stung me, I didn't consciously feel it, but that's what woke me up to feel it crawling on my neck.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Lmao well I do not seem to have over night gains nor out of the many attempts have I been able to stick to the wall....YET! It's going to happen though, just a matter of time.

What led me to believe it was a spider bite was the fact that I woke up from a dead sleep at 1:30 in the morning because I felt something crawling on my neck. I slapped at my neck, turned on my flashlight on my cell phone, tried to look for whatever it was but couldn't find anything, and went back to bed.

A day later my neck was really itchy so I looked in the mirror and that is what I saw. I think whatever it was that bit/stung me, I didn't consciously feel it, but that's what woke me up to feel it crawling on my neck.
The fact that it feels itchy I'm going to guess it was some blood sucking bug, like a mosquito, although it would have needed to be an Arnold mosquito for that size bite. They inject a chemical to numb the spot so they can feed undisturbed and to keep your blood from coagulating. But once it wears off it will feel itchy.
A spider bite, on the other hand, is painful and feels more like the area is on fire. Also you can see the two holes made by the mandibulae (sp?) or one big hole if they rip the skin. I got bit by one on the inner thigh and I have a small dimple in the skin about 1/4" in diameter where the skin died. Not all spiders will cause necrosis, but if they can pierce the skin, you will feel it.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The fact that it feels itchy I'm going to guess it was some blood sucking bug, like a mosquito, although it would have needed to be an Arnold mosquito for that size bite. They inject a chemical to numb the spot so they can feed undisturbed and to keep your blood from coagulating. But once it wears off it will feel itchy.
A spider bite, on the other hand, is painful and feels more like the area is on fire. Also you can see the two holes made by the mandibulae (sp?) or one big hole if they rip the skin. I got bit by one on the inner thigh and I have a small dimple in the skin about 1/4" in diameter where the skin died. Not all spiders will cause necrosis, but if they can pierce the skin, you will feel it.
Haha well I do take cell-tech and creatine so if this mosquito bit me in the past it probably stole all my gains and came back for me.

Doesn't sound like a spider bite then, just as long as it gets better and the rash goes away that's all that really matters. Thanks a lot for the information though, really appreciate it.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the doctor and she couldn't give me an exact answer as to what the red patch was, she doesn't think it is a bug bite. She thinks it's possible that it's poison ivy or some sort of poisonous plant, and the neck patch was the original contact spot and the forehead is from touching the contact spot and then rubbing my forehead. She prescribed me a steroidal cream to use for a couple weeks to get rid of it, so hopefully after that it will go away.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from the doctor and she couldn't give me an exact answer as to what the red patch was, she doesn't think it is a bug bite. She thinks it's possible that it's poison ivy or some sort of poisonous plant, and the neck patch was the original contact spot and the forehead is from touching the contact spot and then rubbing my forehead. She prescribed me a steroidal cream to use for a couple weeks to get rid of it, so hopefully after that it will go away.
Use the whole tube and get to the gym fast!!

:icon_lol:

Unfortunately it's corticosteroids, the wrong ones. Crap.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Use the whole tube and get to the gym fast!!

:icon_lol:

Unfortunately it's corticosteroids, the wrong ones. Crap.
Doh! Maybe I'll ask my doc to switch it out with some testosterone gel instead.

What if the corticosteroids is administered rectally, will I get any gainz from that?
Donna do you have any answers?

JDS777

Awards
Looks like ringworm to me. Sounds worse than it is. A fungal infection. I wrestled and got that crap before. Use some athletes foot cream like or bleach/water combo or both. If it's fungal that will take care of it. Use the anti-fungal cream on the face. Bleach works great but could scar.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Dirty Dan

bro, you just rented that cabin right? whos was it? the blanket that you are laying on, whos blanket is that? Did your dog get bit by anything or scratching? Have you given him a bath since you have been back home?

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Dirty Dan

bro, you just rented that cabin right? whos was it? the blanket that you are laying on, whos blanket is that? Did your dog get bit by anything or scratching? Have you given him a bath since you have been back home?
Oooh, *that* cabin ... the one in the woods ... built on top of a sacred Indian burial site? Yeah, you're cursed Dirty Dan. All your gains are going to drift to smith_69. The more you work out, the more he gets swole and the more cheetos he eats, the flabbier you get.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
all the gainz are mine