Lifting/Running Shoes

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I'm in the market for new shoes since my old ones are starting to crap out on me. I was considering on going with the Reebok Crossfit Nano 5.0's, but was wondering if there are any good ones you guys recommend.

Main Use: lifting with the added cardio (typically 10mins PWO and 20-25mins post workout).

My old ones were the Rebook Crossfit 4.0

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1464968713.619657.jpg

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
What kind of lifting are you doing - olympic, powerlifting, etc?

nikkibikini

Awards
For lifting I highly recommend Otomix. Especially for leg day.. Feels like slippers but great support!

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
What kind of lifting are you doing - olympic, powerlifting, etc?
More powerlifting, but want to dip into some Olympic lifting as well.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
For lifting I highly recommend Otomix. Especially for leg day.. Feels like slippers but great support!
I like the unique look of them. How's the sole of the shoe feel?

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
If you're basically powerlifting, a good pair of Chucks will do you fine. I've gone up to 650 for reps using Chucks and they were just as good and probably much better than all the expensive shoes I had.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
If you're basically powerlifting, a good pair of Chucks will do you fine. I've gone up to 650 for reps using Chucks and they were just as good and probably much better than all the expensive shoes I had.
Nice. I'll have to find a place that sells them around here and can try some on.

nikkibikini

Awards
The sole is great.. It's scuff proof also. Kai Green is always rocking them. The ankles are super padded and they are so light you forget you have on shoes. They have 30% off using NET30 right now too!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
+1 for Chucks, but they don't do much for cardio. I usually swap shoes after squats/pulls.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to find a place that sells Chucks to try a pair. Never had any so I don't know how they feel.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate that, but I'll just take the plain Jane ones. Haha I don't need anything fancy, just comfortable and durable.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate that, but I'll just take the plain Jane ones. Haha I don't need anything fancy, just comfortable and durable.
Mine are plain too. I took what was on sale.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love Nike Free because they're snug around the toes.

For lifting/ leg days, I use wrestling shoes.

You can find chucks at TJ Maxx for $30. I just got a pair the other day. :D And Adidas PL shoes at Ross for $40.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nike Metcon 2
The best hybrid shoes

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love Nike Free because they're snug around the toes.

For lifting/ leg days, I use wrestling shoes.

You can find chucks at TJ Maxx for $30. I just got a pair the other day. :D And Adidas PL shoes at Ross for $40.
Which Free's? The 5.0, RN, trainers?

I always want to buy a pair of Nike Free but they have a million different kinds of Free, I never know which one to get.

I'm also a chuck kinda guy, however I also love wearing mine outside of the gym too.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
My best friend spent $180 to customize his and my response... Really? $180 for that?
Damn puccah. You wanna start doing some honest reviewing things for us around here? Haha.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nike Metcon 2
The best hybrid shoes
Try finish line for these, just scooped a pair for $80 and the metcon 1's are going super cheap like $65 I wanna say? These are by far my favorite training shoe

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Try finish line for these, just scooped a pair for $80 and the metcon 1's are going super cheap like $65 I wanna say? These are by far my favorite training shoe
Nice! I was going to hit that place up today or tomorrow hopefully to try them out along side the Nano 5.0's as well and maybe some chuck's.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which Free's? The 5.0, RN, trainers?

I always want to buy a pair of Nike Free but they have a million different kinds of Free, I never know which one to get.

I'm also a chuck kinda guy, however I also love wearing mine outside of the gym too.
Yes, the 5.0! I need them snug so my feet won't move around. The Nike Flyknit are pretty awesome, too! It's like walking on air. Nike outlet!!! I got the Free for $45 and the Flyknit for $55.

Damn puccah. You wanna start doing some honest reviewing things for us around here? Haha.
Haha, they were uhhhhhhhhglayyyy! But everyone has their preferences. I can't see myself spending $180 on shoes.

flextx

flextx

Awards
Old school vans or chucks get the job done for training.

Unless you have flexibility issues the romaleo type shoes can help with squats.

I trained in basketball high tops for 10+ years, switched back to vans a few years ago and love them. And they're cheap!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, the 5.0! I need them snug so my feet won't move around. The Nike Flyknit are pretty awesome, too! It's like walking on air. Nike outlet!!! I got the Free for $45 and the Flyknit for $55.
Damn those are killer prices! I think I'm going to order myself a pair tonight. Thanks!!

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

@puccah8088 ended up getting these Nike Free 5.0

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered them online this morning, but once they get delivered and I try them out I'll let you know.
Where'd you get them from? Nike Outlet or Finish Line?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Where'd you get them from? Nike Outlet or Finish Line?
Foot locker, they were $99 on the website and then they had a coupon code to take 20% off along with free shipping so with tax it came to like $85.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Dang! I'll try those on and see how they feel and maybe pick some up.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
got a pair of reebok nano's and I love them....I don't do crossfit but I feel like I can deadlift and go straight into HIIT cardio and the shoe feels good doing both...some shoes like chucks are fine to lift in but I hated cardio in them, or some shoes are good for cardio but a bit off balanced when lifting

I also was in love with my nike hurrache's but they don't make the kind I had anymore, now they have big chunky heals on them

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
got a pair of reebok nano's and I love them....I don't do crossfit but I feel like I can deadlift and go straight into HIIT cardio and the shoe feels good doing both...some shoes like chucks are fine to lift in but I hated cardio in them, or some shoes are good for cardio but a bit off balanced when lifting

I also was in love with my nike hurrache's but they don't make the kind I had anymore, now they have big chunky heals on them
I tried the new ones on vs the Metcon 2's. They didn't have my size, but they had a 1/2 size down and it was like night and day with both. The toe box on the Nano's were roomy while the toe box on the Metcon's were just a little tight. Felt solid in both when I bodyweight squatted in the store so I don't know if it would've felt better with the right size.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried the new ones on vs the Metcon 2's. They didn't have my size, but they had a 1/2 size down and it was like night and day with both. The toe box on the Nano's were roomy while the toe box on the Metcon's were just a little tight. Felt solid in both when I bodyweight squatted in the store so I don't know if it would've felt better with the right size.
I think the nanos at least look more like a lifting shoe to me but when it's time for new shoes I'll look at the metcons and if they aren't far off go with whatever one I can get for a better price

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I think the nanos at least look more like a lifting shoe to me but when it's time for new shoes I'll look at the metcons and if they aren't far off go with whatever one I can get for a better price
Finish line has both on sale online right now, but the new Nano's are $10 cheaper than the Metcon's depending on color.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finish line has both on sale online right now, but the new Nano's are $10 cheaper than the Metcon's depending on color.
Yeah I saw metcons for a good price but I'm weird with gym shoes. I prefer black and they had blue I think for a solid price

My nanos are black and grey....the outlets near me have nike and Reebok...I know nike outlets sometimes can have hidden steals

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

@puccah8088 ended up getting these Nike Free 5.0
Those are nice!!! I usually stick with black but this time I wanted to be crazy.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I saw metcons for a good price but I'm weird with gym shoes. I prefer black and they had blue I think for a solid price

My nanos are black and grey....the outlets near me have nike and Reebok...I know nike outlets sometimes can have hidden steals
I checked out the Reebok and Adidas outlet but their designs were super ugly to me. I like my shoes to be kinda thin and Reebok's tongues are thick. I was tempted to buy some shoes just because it was buy one get one 60% off and I would have paid $10 for a pair of shoes but nothing caught my eyes. I did snag their shirts for $5 each. :D

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

+1 for the nanos. I dont do crossfit either, but bought them figuring they'll have great support for my 1 weak ankle. They dont roll at all when doing deadlifts or squats. But Reebok has a newer one called the crossfit sprint, made for the lifting and cardio of crossfit, so I would think they'd be about perfect.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
+1 for the nanos. I dont do crossfit either, but bought them figuring they'll have great support for my 1 weak ankle. They dont roll at all when doing deadlifts or squats. But Reebok has a newer one called the crossfit sprint, made for the lifting and cardio of crossfit, so I would think they'd be about perfect.
Yeah I'm going to go see if Dick's Sporting has my size in both so I can get a more accurate feeling on both.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Those are nice!!! I usually stick with black but this time I wanted to be crazy.

Those definitely are crazy, but I really like them. I like how the bright colors clash with the black lines. Awesome choice!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I just ordered them online this morning, but once they get delivered and I try them out I'll let you know.
heres his update on his shoes, they stink

hqdefault.jpg

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Is there a difference between a shoe like the Crossfit Lifter 2.0 and the Nike Romaleos/Addidas Powerlift 2.0?