Phobias

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am scared of Bees and Wasps. I think its because I was stung when I was younger and had to be rushed to the hospital. I still don't know till this day if I'm still alergic. I am just terified of them now. I'd be more likely to pet an aligator or crocodile then go near a bee of a wasp. There is one in my apartment right now in the bedroom. My wife would usually take it out side herself. I would kill it if I had the courage. People say if you don't bother them they won't bother you. That might be true of bees, but wasps will sting you any chance they get. I got a picture of this guy...doesn't he look scary?. What are some your guys phobias?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would try and swat this guy, but he is on the blinds and there is a lot of space between the blinds and the window and I don't want to not hit hard enough to kill it. I also don't want to hit too hard and break the window...

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You should get some flying insect killer. Probably not great stuff to spray inside, but it usually drops them right out of the air. If you are allergic to bees/wasps, that's not a phobia - that's common sense! My cousin is allergic and has to carry an epipen around in the summer. I was afriad of them when I was little, but I was once stung by 5 bees at once, then maybe a few months later got into some wasps in the woods - got away with 11 stings! Since then they don't scare me anymore. If you're allergic, I'd shut that bastard in the bedroom and get someone else to swat it.

Oh - phobias - I'm scared of heights. If I'm on something stable and I can hang on with my hands I'm fine (i.e. climbing ladders, etc), otherwise they make me nervous. I had a recurring dream as a child of kermit the frog chasing me on the Mississippi bridge (grew up in 'nawlins). He would always catch me and push me off, lol!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should get some flying insect killer. Probably not great stuff to spray inside, but it usually drops them right out of the air. If you are allergic to bees/wasps, that's not a phobia - that's common sense! My cousin is allergic and has to carry an epipen around in the summer. I was afriad of them when I was little, but I was once stung by 5 bees at once, then maybe a few months later got into some wasps in the woods - got away with 11 stings! Since then they don't scare me anymore. If you're allergic, I'd shut that bastard in the bedroom and get someone else to swat it.

Oh - phobias - I'm scared of heights. If I'm on something stable and I can hang on with my hands I'm fine (i.e. climbing ladders, etc), otherwise they make me nervous. I had a recurring dream as a child of kermit the frog chasing me on the Mississippi bridge (grew up in 'nawlins). He would always catch me and push me off, lol!
Yeah I would usually have the wife get it and put it outside. She won't kill them. I he moved in between on the window with the blinds down, so I pulled them up slowly and then pulled the window all the way up. He is in the corner of the window now and he's not moving. I'm hoping he will crawl in between the screen and the window, than I can shut the window real quick and he will be trapped!. The bastard isn't moving much though. Bees and Wasps get slow and lethargic the later it is in the day...Yeah well to continue my other story when I was stung as kid...I was coming out of the house and there was a screen type door that was spring loaded and there was also a yellowjacket nest right near the door. Well I came out of the house and the door slammed shut, and the bees did not like that. I got stung right above the eye. I didn't think anything of it, till I started getting really anxious and had heavy breathing, and red blotches all over my body. No one was home at the time so when my parents got home and went to the hospital with them. I don't remember much, just getting a shot that made me feel better. This was around 20 years ago though so my minds not too fresh....

Rkstr

Awards
If you don't have bug spray use the wife's hairspray, that works just as good.

My phobia is electricity.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lol...looks pretty scary but I'd pluck off its wings and stick it in my steak sandwich for extra protein.

Phobia? A little afraid of heights.

size

Awards
  • Established
If you are scared of that little wasp, then never go to Japan. In Japan there is the Giant Hornet. It is around 1.5inches long, has a 3in wingspan, and a .25inch long stinger.

A single giant hornet can kill as many as 40 honeybees per minute. Look at the size of this thing compared to the bees it is killing.

Attachments

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are scared of that little wasp, then never go to Japan. In Japan there is the Giant Hornet. It is around 1.5inches long, has a 3in wingspan, and a .25inch long stinger.

A single giant hornet can kill as many as 40 honeybees per minute. Look at the size of this thing compared to the bees it is killing.
I would love to go to Japan one day actually. I would be running from that thing though. I think they have enough people there that I would be able to get someone to either kill it or remove it from wherever I am staying. Anyway I got the wife to take that Bee outside, she just pushed it into a tupperware with a glove and took the glove and tupperware outside. Once outside she shook off the Yellowjacket and he flew away. They are pretty lethargic at night so it didn't really get pissed....I thought it was a wasp but upon further inspection it seems to have been a yellowjacket.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Remember the definition for a phobia is an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation. So being afraid of it because you are allergic to it...that is not illogical.. now being afraid of glass would be a phobia in my book... and it it Crystallophobia

Check out
http://www.phobialist.com/

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Yeah... That hornets definitely on juice... He needs to register here and post his stack!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really know if I am allergic still, that sting I got was 20 years ago. By the way I am also afraid of the Dentist!. I just hate denists, in my mind its the closest thing to torture. Think about it, you have to sit there with your mouth open for an hour and have someone with a big light in your face and metal instruments that scrap, poke, and probe the inside of your mouth. The only thing that I would say stops it from being complete tourture is that you are not straped down to the chair. My dentist was actually gonna prescibe me some valium for my visits so I could be relaxed when I went in for a visit. I never took that option though because I figure if I just get used to the pain I will be better off....Even though my hands sweat and I usually tense up in the chair. Thank god I don't have to go back till July.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i am absolutely petrified to death of spiders .. i literally come close to hyperventilation when i encounter one .. they scare the ever living **** outta me .. ugh i'm shuttering right now thinking about it

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm not scared of heights, I'm scared of falling off them. Give me a railing or at least a stable ladder and I'm fine, it's the precarious heights I can't handle. But to me that seems rational, so I guess it doesn't count as a phobia. Bugs never really bothered me. The idea of being eaten by a shark scares the ever loving **** out of me.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i am absolutely petrified to death of spiders .. i literally come close to hyperventilation when i encounter one .. they scare the ever living **** outta me .. ugh i'm shuttering right now thinking about it
IM WITH YOU GLEN!!!! I am not afraid of ANYTHING except friggin spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even like thinking about them. It might have been the movie aracnaphobia that gave me aracnaphobia but i wont go near those damn things, not even the small ones.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

i can't fucking stand spiders bro. they look so damn creepy. i have nightmares about em and everything. that stupid movie didn't help either 'arachnophobia'. saw it when i was very young and that just confirmed that every horror i had imagined was most likely true about them. when i was around 3-4 years old, i saw a black widow spider. it freaked me out, i screamed, my mom came outside with a garden tool and chopped the piss out of it. well, i went ahead and started playing with the dog about 3 feet away. i look over and i swear the spider is closer. so, i sit there and stare at it for a minute or so. the spider then sticks one leg out and pushes itself closer to me. needless to say, i lost it. i thought satan himself had spawned in front of me. since then, i've been terrified. i'll shoot the bastard with a shotgun before i get within arms reach of it.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i'll shoot the bastard with a shotgun before i get within arms reach of it.
:lol: Wow, mental picture... Some huge dude sitting in the living room sofa eating a bucket of KFC, sees a little spider crawling across the floor, screams like a little girl, then runs to the closet to grab the shotty! HaHa nice

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey spiders are nothing to be afraid of. At least they don't fly. You can easily walk away from a spider. A bee or wasp or hornet will follow you, and bring friends if any are around!.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established

i can't fucking stand spiders bro. they look so damn creepy. i have nightmares about em and everything. that stupid movie didn't help either 'arachnophobia'. saw it when i was very young and that just confirmed that every horror i had imagined was most likely true about them. when i was around 3-4 years old, i saw a black widow spider. it freaked me out, i screamed, my mom came outside with a garden tool and chopped the piss out of it. well, i went ahead and started playing with the dog about 3 feet away. i look over and i swear the spider is closer. so, i sit there and stare at it for a minute or so. the spider then sticks one leg out and pushes itself closer to me. needless to say, i lost it. i thought satan himself had spawned in front of me. since then, i've been terrified. i'll shoot the bastard with a shotgun before i get within arms reach of it.
maybe our intense arachnophobia has something to do with our lack of calf development ....

lol

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Hey spiders are nothing to be afraid of. At least they don't fly. You can easily walk away from a spider. A bee or wasp or hornet will follow you, and bring friends if any are around!.
Dude we think EXACTLY the same here. Same **** happened to me, I was real young (younger than two) and at the park with my mother. I jumped on a rock, and underneath was a giant fuckin nest. Needless to say I got swarmed; my mother was pregnant with my brother, and did her best to pick me up and run, but she wasnt fast to say the least.

My earliest memory coincides with this. It is of me laying in my mother's lap in a rocking chair in our old house, barely being able to open my eyes because they were swollen shut from the stings.

I'm not allergic either btw. Spiders, snakes, heights (within moderation) are fine. Bees, **** off.

There was this giant fucker on top of my car recently, I had never seen this before up until this point. He was huge, just like that Japanese giant wasp except all brown (probably 2-3inches long) and it was eating a cicada on the roof of my car. Full grown cicada's are pretty long (again, 2-3 inches).

Dude, I wouldnt get in my car for hours. I kept checking the backseat, kept the music down listening for buzzing.

I also get very sadistic when I have an opportunity to kill a bee/wasp (mostly wasps/hornets) with absolute assurance that I wont get stung. I'll make them squirm and slowly die.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude we think EXACTLY the same here. Same **** happened to me, I was real young (younger than two) and at the park with my mother. I jumped on a rock, and underneath was a giant fuckin nest. Needless to say I got swarmed; my mother was pregnant with my brother, and did her best to pick me up and run, but she wasnt fast to say the least.

My earliest memory coincides with this. It is of me laying in my mother's lap in a rocking chair in our old house, barely being able to open my eyes because they were swollen shut from the stings.

I'm not allergic either btw. Spiders, snakes, heights (within moderation) are fine. Bees, **** off.

There was this giant fucker on top of my car recently, I had never seen this before up until this point. He was huge, just like that Japanese giant wasp except all brown (probably 2-3inches long) and it was eating a cicada on the roof of my car. Full grown cicada's are pretty long (again, 2-3 inches).

Dude, I wouldnt get in my car for hours. I kept checking the backseat, kept the music down listening for buzzing.

I also get very sadistic when I have an opportunity to kill a bee/wasp (mostly wasps/hornets) with absolute assurance that I wont get stung. I'll make them squirm and slowly die.

Hahaha thats pretty funny...Last summer I was riding down the highway with the windows up in my truck...A bee flew in and I pulled off on the side of the highway and opened the passager door and got out the drivers side till it flew off or I got enough courage to get back in the truck and drive to the nearest exit....I don't rememer which. Also that summer there was a bee near the door to my apartment so I waited outside for about 1.5 hours till he flew away before I could open the door!.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
perhaps so, however; i did have the pleasure of meeting a camel spider in kuwait/iraq. i had heard about them up to that point but the pictures and stories don't do justice to how they look and act in real life. a buddy and i were walking through the base and we saw one (camel spider) run across the road. at this point, i'm purposely avoiding the area where it is now. my buddy, in his infinite stupidity, walks up to the ugly bastard, gets a little too close and his shadow gets casts over the spider. the spider raises his two front legs at my buddy and runs right at him. my buddy damn near shits himself and hauls ass. i'm standing about 20 feet away contemplating whether to run,throw a grenade, or unload a clip at the damn thing. the rest of my stay in the middle east was in constant paranoia of camel spiders. luckily enough, i didn't see anymore after that one.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Im not a big fan of spiders, snakes, or wasps. I was lit up by a bunch of wasps pretty good when I was little. I was probably like 5 yrs old and had a machete clearing a path throught these weeds in the trees behind my house, and busted up a big wasp nest. I get a little nervous around them still, but as long as I can keep an eye on them I am ok.

LOL this reminds me, one time in junior high everyone was hanging outside of the school in the morning and there was a bunch of yellow jackets that lived in the gutter. Well someone stirred them up, and one landed on my hand. Everyone was watching me, so I thought I would play it cool and not run off or anything, also figuring that if I didnt do anything it would just go away. WRONG. I just watched him bury his stinger right into my middle finger, everyone was watching lol and I just waited till it flew off. Went to class, and like 30min later my finger was really swollen up, couldnt bend it or anything, so I went to the office, but there really wasnt anything to do for it. I should have just ran like a little girl, but I am sure it was funny watching me just stand there and let it sting me lol.

If a snake surprises me I will get a little jumpy, but again as long as I can see them and they dont surprise me all is good. When I was little I would try and catch the long bullsnakes, like 4-5' long, then try and crack them like a whip to snap their head off, I only got it to work once. I actually still have a skin of a bullsnake that I skinned when I was really little, hunted him down with the trusty .410 lol. I have been bit a couple times by water snakes, but that really isnt bad at all.

I have on occasion brown recluses in my house, I hate those bastards. I have several glue boards set up for them. My biggest fear of them is when I am sleeping if I was to roll over on top of one and say it bit your dick!! A chunk of your dick would deteriorate and fall off, how horrible would that be lol!! Or your face, that wouldnt be quite as bad...maybe. Those are just kind of worst case scenarios and something to give you guys to think about before you go to sleep tonight. Sweet dreams.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Those camel spiders do sound quite frightening Beelze, I have seen a little about them on TV. Another thing that I have always thought that would suck if you were a soldier in the middle east is scorpions. Have to shake out your clothes/boots all the time before you put them on.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I have on occasion brown recluses in my house, I hate those bastards. I have several glue boards set up for them. My biggest fear of them is when I am sleeping if I was to roll over on top of one and say it bit your dick!! A chunk of your dick would deteriorate and fall off, how horrible would that be lol!! Or your face, that wouldnt be quite as bad...maybe. Those are just kind of worst case scenarios and something to give you guys to think about before you go to sleep tonight. Sweet dreams.
speaking of these ugly little bastards. a buddy of mine had one bite him on the forehead while he was sleeping. a couple days later he noticed some red **** on his forehead that he mistook for acne, being on cycle and all. so he tried to pop it and his skin came off in that area. went to the doc and found out he had been bitten by a damn brown recluse. a few pills later he's fine but he's got a 50 cent piece size rash on his forehead now.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Those camel spiders do sound quite frightening Beelze, I have seen a little about them on TV. Another thing that I have always thought that would suck if you were a soldier in the middle east is scorpions. Have to shake out your clothes/boots all the time before you put them on.
didn't see any of those out there, heard they were around though. i did shake the piss out of my boots every morning in fear of camel spiders taking over.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
HOLY FUCKING HELL .. i, being the idiot that i am, had never heard of a camel spider so i googled it and found this picture .. i'm going to have nightmares tonight .. i literally couldn't look at the screen and seriously was almost hyperventilating .. took me a minute or two to fully regain my ability to breathe properly

http://www.camelspiders.net/large-camel-spider-picture.htm

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
note to self: send glen a care package from iraq :)

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
HOLY FUCKING HELL .. i, being the idiot that i am, had never heard of a camel spider so i googled it and found this picture .. i'm going to have nightmares tonight .. i literally couldn't look at the screen and seriously was almost hyperventilating .. took me a minute or two to fully regain my ability to breathe properly

http://www.camelspiders.net/large-camel-spider-picture.htm
Ya probably not a good idea Glen....

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
speaking of these ugly little bastards. a buddy of mine had one bite him on the forehead while he was sleeping. a couple days later he noticed some red **** on his forehead that he mistook for acne, being on cycle and all. so he tried to pop it and his skin came off in that area. went to the doc and found out he had been bitten by a damn brown recluse. a few pills later he's fine but he's got a 50 cent piece size rash on his forehead now.
Yeah I got bit by one on my elbow. Mistaked it for a pimple too. Tried popping it only to make it worse. Two days later my arm was twice its original size and they had to slice my elbow open and drain the fluid.

That story of the camel spider was funny. Dude there would definitely be some RPG's launching if I were around that crap.

precyse

Awards
Spiders! They are so sneaky :/

Last edited:
Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
I used to be slightly claustrophobic (sp) - back in college, we had a small room for our career development class and whenever the teach closed the door for long periods of time..I'd start feeling uneasy as if my air supply was being cut off.
Now it doesn't seem to affect me as much..just once in a while when in a smaller meeting room.. I'd be constantly lookin at the clock wondering when the meeting would be over so the door would open. :think:

As for spiders, don't mind them much..as long as they ain't furry! Those ones are freaky - Glen, those camel ones are the most hideous I've seen! I'd probably unload a clip if one of those bastards came after me!
Even though I haven't been stung by a bee, I'm **** scared when one's close by.

For my top phobia - stupid people :thumbsup:

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
just to add about spiders. Depends where you live, luckly I live in Montreal where there are no such things as deadly spiders. But more to the west like in Ontario there are houses where black widows do live. I've seen on TV some guy move something in his garage and there were at least 10 black widows, they moved away like lighting. When they bite you it's all over. That's one of the main fears, being biten and thinking of that. If your biten by a black widow you have at least 45 minutes(?) to rush to the hospital for an antidote. It's venom is lethal. They are almost everywhere in the states except for the colder climates. But in the hotter ones they can be anywhere, under your chair, in your room, in your car, in your bed...... Think about that, one bite and you die within an hour. I'd rather get stung by a bee 5 times than that. A bee sting will hurt but wont kill you. It will take at least 30 if not more bee stings to kill you at one shot. Spiders can hide anywhere, even under your sheets. I always look in the corners of my room to see if one has laid a nest or what not. Ever since I saw, "Arachnophobia", I developed that fear. I don't know why but since I have a fear of them(not so bad as some of you) I can easily spot them in a house or my house. I can just look at the wall for some strange reason and one could be crawling. I guess a little bit of intuition.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
just to add about spiders. Depends where you live, luckly I live in Montreal where there are no such things as deadly spiders. But more to the west like in Ontario there are houses where black widows do live. I've seen on TV some guy move something in his garage and there were at least 10 black widows, they moved away like lighting. When they bite you it's all over. That's one of the main fears, being biten and thinking of that. If your biten by a black widow you have at least 45 minutes(?) to rush to the hospital for an antidote. It's venom is lethal. They are almost everywhere in the states except for the colder climates. But in the hotter ones they can be anywhere, under your chair, in your room, in your car, in your bed...... Think about that, one bite and you die within an hour. I'd rather get stung by a bee 5 times than that. A bee sting will hurt but wont kill you. It will take at least 30 if not more bee stings to kill you at one shot. Spiders can hide anywhere, even under your sheets. I always look in the corners of my room to see if one has laid a nest or what not. Ever since I saw, "Arachnophobia", I developed that fear. I don't know why but since I have a fear of them(not so bad as some of you) I can easily spot them in a house or my house. I can just look at the wall for some strange reason and one could be crawling. I guess a little bit of intuition.
black widows aren't THAT dangerous bro.

http://www.desertusa.com/july97/du_bwindow.html

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Spiders! They are so sneaky :/
Hahahaha thats why I don't like them! I couldn't have said it better. The little bastards act like they are so slow. They chill there just looking at you. And don't think cause your "behind" it that it can't see you. They got like 24,000,000,000 lil beaty eyes. Then right when you get to close they either jump or take off at half the speed of light. Plus they can go anywhere, crawly under anything, etc.

AlexParty- Yeah! That damn movie made me look around the toilet seat for YEARS AND YEARS when I was younger. It absolutely sucks. And since I live in Florida and there are a lot of wooded areas, I always make sure I run behind someone else and watch them flip the hell out when they run into a Bananna Spider web. But when they do its funnier than all hell. You have never seen white boys dance liek this!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I DONT EVEN WANT TO DO THE MULTIPLICATION HERE!! AHHHHHHHHHHH Spider :hammer: <--- me
No. of Eggs: 250-700/sac

Birth Interval: 4 to 9 egg sacs/summer

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure black widows wont kill you.....and if that is possible it wont be in 45min

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
HAHA that's funny Lake. But Beelzebub your article says this,

"The Brown Widow Spider (Latrodectus geometricus) is not as dangerous as some other widow spiders because the Brown Widow Spider is less likely to bite someone, and injects less poison. Still, it is a venomous creature, and must be taken care of with respect. It is found throughout the world's tropical regions, has been introduced into southern Texas and central and southern Florida."

I'm talking about the black. There are extremely poisonous. I don't know which one is the most deadliest, probably the bird eater? It's HUGE. I saw one for sale near my house. They don't live here it's just imported but it was huge. Cost around 250 canadian. It still had it's venom and since it was an open cage at the top, whenever it felt threatened the hair off it's back would become airborne and it would give the same effect as pepper spray. That's what I was told my the employee. Damn wanna buy it now just because it's so crazy. It would scare the **** out of me if I had it in my house but I like being scared hehe.... not sexually :|

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
How can they "not" kill you? I thought I read it somewhere that thier venom can kill us if not treated? Maybe I misread it? Could of been the antidote, if you get biten you can only take the antidote once? If you take it a second time you can die??? Not sure here have to do some research but I'm getting a weird itch all over me, feels like a spider now that I am talking about them. I have to look to make sure it's just an itch :p

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
HAHA that's funny Lake. But Beelzebub your article says this,

"The Brown Widow Spider (Latrodectus geometricus) is not as dangerous as some other widow spiders because the Brown Widow Spider is less likely to bite someone, and injects less poison. Still, it is a venomous creature, and must be taken care of with respect. It is found throughout the world's tropical regions, has been introduced into southern Texas and central and southern Florida."

I'm talking about the black. There are extremely poisonous. I don't know which one is the most deadliest, probably the bird eater? It's HUGE. I saw one for sale near my house. They don't live here it's just imported but it was huge. Cost around 250 canadian. It still had it's venom and since it was an open cage at the top, whenever it felt threatened the hair off it's back would become airborne and it would give the same effect as pepper spray. That's what I was told my the employee. Damn wanna buy it now just because it's so crazy. It would scare the **** out of me if I had it in my house but I like being scared hehe.... not sexually :|
further down:

Caution -Venomous!

The venom of the black widow spider is 15 times as toxic as the venom of the Prairie Rattlesnake. But only a minute amount of the toxin is injected with a single bite by the spider, so they are rarely fatal. However, the relatively large amount of injected rattlesnake venom results in about 15 to 25 percent mortality among those bitten.

The bite itself is often not painful and may go unnoticed. But the poison injected by the the Black Widow bite can cause abdominal pain similar to appendicitis as well as pain to muscles or the soles of the feet. Other symptoms include alternating salivation and dry-mouth, paralysis of the diaphragm, profuse sweating and swollen eyelids.

Persons younger than 16 and older than 60, especially those with a heart condition, may require a hospital stay. (Heart and lung failure may result in death.) A physician can give specific antivenin or calcium gluconate to relieve pain. Healthy people recover rapidly in two to five days.

For others, clean the site well with soap and water. Apply a cool compress over the bite location and keep the affected limb elevated to about heart level. Aspirin or Tylenol may be used to relieve minor symptoms. Treatment in a medical facility may be necessary for children less than 5 years old or for adults with severe symptoms. Call the Poison Center for additional information. Poison Centers across the country now have a new national emergency phone number - 1-800-222-1222

Be very careful when working around areas where black widow spiders may be established. Take proper precautions-wear gloves and pay attention to where you are working. The reaction to a Black widow bite can be painful, and the victim should go to the doctor immediately for treatment.

To control the black widow, carefully remove all materials where they might hide. They can be cleaned out of an area simply by knocking down the webs, spiders, and round, tan egg sacs with a stick and crushing them underfoot. Removal or destruction of the egg sacks may help control the population. This spider is resistant to many insecticides.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
CAMEL SPIDER FACTS!!!!!! 10 mph!!! SCREAMS LIKE A BABY WHILE RUNNING THAT FAST?!?!?! No camel spider would dare chase me for long because I would be shitting myself the entire time hearing a young child scream after me at 10mph!!!!

1. It can run upwards of 10mph (by soldiers that have tracked the speed with humvees since it runs in their shadows).
2. It's called a camel spider because it climbs onto the bellies of camels and eats the stomach--because the spider secretes anesthetics to numb the flesh, the camels don't notice until their intestines fall out.
3. It makes a screaming/squealing noise when it runs, similar to a child screaming.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=9083
click that and scroll down!!! video!

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
CAMEL SPIDER FACTS!!!!!! 25 mph!!! SCREAMS LIKE A BABY WHILE RUNNING THAT FAST?!?!?! No camel spider would dare chase me for long because I would be shitting myself the entire time hearing a young child scream after me at 25mph!!!!

1. It can run upwards of 25 mph (by soldiers that have tracked the speed with humvees since it runs in their shadows).
2. It's called a camel spider because it climbs onto the bellies of camels and eats the stomach--because the spider secretes anesthetics to numb the flesh, the camels don't notice until their intestines fall out.
3. It makes a screaming/squealing noise when it runs, similar to a child screaming.

didn't know that. dude, if that thing had screamed at me, i would have had a heart attack and died right then and there.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
lake, lol I didn't read down but still the caution notice is enought to keep me away from them.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
ya that screaming would be fucked up. As pussy as this sounds I hope I don't have any spider dreams. You guys know the ones where thier hanging from the ceiling by a string and thier all over the place, you kill a bunch but there's still more.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
didn't know that. dude, if that thing had screamed at me, i would have had a heart attack and died right then and there.
Oh whew!!! They don't scream, that was a myth brought back by vets. Holy hell dude I would cry if it screamed at me hahaha! How funny woudl that be. Two guys with weapons and who love to lift/bodybuild/etc start crying when a came spider screams at them :rofl: .

HOWEVER, they do reach speeds of 10 mph! And if you watch that video those damn things look sneaky!

:run:

Attachments

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
... i have to stop opening this thread up .. i really have a SEVERE phobia .. i'm shaking right now .. this is the last time i'm reading this thread

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

This thread has me all fucked up now!!!

BryanFury

Awards
The day some winged spider is found in some remote jungle, and gets spread around the world, is the day I hang myself. Its hard enough for me to bring down one of nature's assassins with projectiles or a broom...

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Holy ****, those things are bad ass! Did you guys watch the video? He gets on that scorpion like a hardees thickburger!
U.S. soldiers were said to have been attacked by camel spiders at night but remained completely unaware of their plight until they awakened in the morning to find chunks of their flesh missing.
Damn, I'd have to sleep with a small electric fence around me.

CAMEL SPIDER FACTS!!!!!!
snip

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
The day some winged spider is found in some remote jungle, and gets spread around the world, is the day I hang myself. Its hard enough for me to bring down one of nature's assassins with projectiles or a broom...