Jeans that haven't become "skinny"???

Famine

Famine

Awards
I'm having great difficulty finding jeans that aren't skinnier than they were 5 years ago. I always get the "loose fit" jeans, but even those seem much tighter in the legs than they use to be.

Brands I've tried on in the past 3 months that seem WAY skinner in the legs...

Eddie Bauer
Levi
Tommy Hilfiger
Ralph Lauren

Just for sh!ts and giggles, I tried on some Wranglers at a Farm and Fleet store. They were actually roomy, but I really didn't like the cut.

Any suggestions for jeans under $80 that haven't gone skinny?

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Had the same problem last year bro then I found Lucky brand style 429 I think it is , only jeans I wear now although recently got a pair of Levi's athletic fit 541 and now lucky has them too 410 both fit good too check them out , I ended up filling my closet with lucky brand tees too they're the best and cheap if you got a lucky outlet near you I get shirts and hoodies for like $7-$20 and the jeans are like 20-60 depending on current sales

Bobbaugh3

Bobbaugh3

Awards
Honestly man, my quads have grown but my waist has remained the same, fiancé said try American eagle, found jeans that have some sort of stretch in them at the quads but fit right throughout the whole jeans, again they're a fitted Jean but aren't cutting off circulation to my boys or my legs, and I can get them around my calves

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's a few barbell brands that have appeared that were made for lifters. They're built with hips/waist that fit and legs that were built for a lifter, and they also have stretch fabric in the denim. I own a pair that I got from the Rogue Fitness website.

Other than those, I only buy jeans that have some stretch fabric knit into the demin. I can't stand ripping crotches out anymore on my jeans just cos I have larger glutes and legs than normal people. The stretch fabric is a must.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jeans that haven't become "skinny"???

Be careful if you get the barbell apparel brand. I bought for my waist size and they were like fuggin jeggings. Just sent them back and went up 2 sizes to see if they fit better...if I remember ill repost in here to update. Im not entirely sure i really like the material either. It's very stretchy which is good to help you be unrestricted in movement but i dont know how i feel about wearing jeggings around.

Edit: good thread. I literally have 1 pair of jeans that still fit and they are maxed out so ill be following this thread closely. Already some good recommendations ill be checking out

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The ones I got from Rogue (brand name is Relentless) have an awesome fit definitely not tight/jeggings. They cost about $125 but definitely worth every penny. I'm going to order another pair and I'm hoping they make a black version soon. They're new, so they're likely to expand (hoping).

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Sonoma Jeans fit great on me, plus Khols always has great deal on them

Khols is my go to place for button downs, work slacks, jeans and t shirts!!!!

Famine

Famine

Awards
I did get a couple other opinions from friends who said Levi's 569 which are their "loose" jeans...oh, at Kohls...so that name keeps popping up as some of the least expensive. I have yet to find a chance to get out there though. Maybe next weekend.

Famine

Famine

Awards
The ones I got from Rogue (brand name is Relentless) have an awesome fit definitely not tight/jeggings. They cost about $125 but definitely worth every penny. I'm going to order another pair and I'm hoping they make a black version soon. They're new, so they're likely to expand (hoping).
There might be something to this! I went to their homepage (Relentless). Their motto is "Now you can have quads and jeans." That's funny...but very accurate.

Edit: The only thing that seems odd is the length...they only have 33.5 inseam?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There might be something to this! I went to their homepage (Relentless). Their motto is "Now you can have quads and jeans." That's funny...but very accurate.

Edit: The only thing that seems odd is the length...they only have 33.5 inseam?
Hrm you're right. I'm tall (6'2) and usually take a 34 inseam but these are perfect. I suppose people who need a smaller inseam could take it up at the bottom a bit and have them altered or fold em up.

Spoutace

Spoutace

Awards
Hey guys. I saw a clothing post and was compelled to read it lol. My sister works for the parent company of AE and we were just talking about social size alterations just the other day. You are correct that men's jeans have been getting tighter- it fits the current demand (blame your local hipster) - but AE jeans have not really altered their men's cuts of their existing lines; rather, they included additional cuts and styles. It ends up being a regional thing sometimes so one store in the Midwest may not offer the same choices found in an urban area of the east coast. Long story short, try your local AE store and you may be able to find what you are looking for.