It's time to play your favorite game -- NAME. THAT. LUMP!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that you've felt compelled to click on the thread (lol), I'm just curious if anyone has any initial thoughts of what this might be:

0425160827a.jpg

I normally wouldn't pay it much mind, but I'm just getting over (I think) this miserable sickness that started off as some wretched combination of allergies, sinus congestion and turned into a terrible sore throat. Anyway, the location seems (to me) to be far enough off to just chalk it up as fluke-y timing. We were out all day Saturday at a baseball game and there were a lot of bugs, though I don't recall feeling a bite and didn't notice it yesterday (but I also didn't leave the house all day yesterday because of the sore throat, so I could have missed it). I didn't notice it until this morning after the gym (didn't notice it there at all) once I got home to shower. It's tender but not terribly painful.

So yeah, I'm 99% sure it's just a bite, ingrown hair somehow (even though I don't shave there), or something else mundane. But since I was wiped out with that sickness since late Wednesday night, I figured I'd ask my fellow AM members.

xoxo

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not a doc, but first guess is a swollen lymph node. Could very well have been caused by an infection like streptococcus...or armpit herpes ;-)

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lymph node is my guess as well. I had that lymph node removed last year during cancer removal. My scar is in same spot as that

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had that and it turned out to be a result of a staph infection and I had to get it drained.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay lol, so this is why I posted.

I kind of thought lymph node for a brief moment this morning, but was thinking it was too far toward the back (e.g. not as centered under the armpit). Been a few years since A&P, so I'm rusty on that. But with how sick I'd been and seeing that show up, that's the biggest reason I was curious.

I'll monitor it overnight and see how it goes. Hoping it will resolve itself and not require any draining -- woof.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, reps for all.

Thanks, bros xoxo

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
looks exactly like the ingrown hair I had in my groin area about a week ago... scared the crap outta me as a big hard lump in your groin normally does but then I remembered that I had been on my bike for over an hour that weekend (something i never ride and always causes pain ha)... went away in about 3-4 days.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was hauling a backpack all day on Saturday and I don't normally do that either. May have pulled there

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was hauling a backpack all day on Saturday and I don't normally do that either. May have pulled there
ya all it takes is a little rub in the wrong spot to cause that. is it hard and like theres almost a pea in there or is it more just swollen like a bite?

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
A cyst? Had a buddy that had one on his back that looked very similar

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's tender. Not unbearable or anything, but I definitely don't put pressure on it. May be SLIGHTLY more red now, but no discoloration for the most part. Seems to have grown just a tad bit in size, but again, not much.

I'll see what I notice in the morning.

I've had a boil a time or two in the past 5 years or so that is somewhat similar, just never in this particular location.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's tender. Not unbearable or anything, but I definitely don't put pressure on it. May be SLIGHTLY more red now, but no discoloration for the most part. Seems to have grown just a tad bit in size, but again, not much.

I'll see what I notice in the morning.

I've had a boil a time or two in the past 5 years or so that is somewhat similar, just never in this particular location.
if its a bite or sting there will be a central "point"/head... if its an ingrown hair it wont have anything and will just be kinda sore. usually ingrowns dont get very red though as theyre not infected or fighting your body at all.